Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089333 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Just remember to stock up on troops before you do. Share the Fun!

Pretty stoked for this; Was always disappointed I missed the first in it's day.

Will be picking up a copy of PC Gamer tomorrow hopefully. Rarely buy it as I find it a bit meh in terms of content but a guaranteed beta key is worth the price.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They're giving out keys on twitter for fan art, seems rather random who really gets picked. been harrasing them all night to no avail.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Guys on the stream were saying that keys were going to people who posted pictures of puppies.  Seems the least reliable way of getting a key.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FUCK! as well.  I went to get it and it was just a lame issue.

I demand humbly request mandate more PC Gamer July UK codes!
I'm pretty sure that subscribing to the original Planetside will guarantee the same level of beta access.  That said, I'm not that interested in the early closed beta.  The first few weeks are likely to be stress tests and major bugfixes where the server spends more time down than up.  By the time the game starts getting fun they'll probably be letting most of the people who signed up in.

edit: I do not have a beta key.  Feel free to accuse me of sour grapes.

Pff, Scottish highlands my ass. It'd just be an empty bunch of moors with nobody for miles.

In other news, I still hate you guys for going NC. And I'll fly my galaxy into yours every time I see you on the field.
I don't think the OP's personal decision to go NC is going to affect anyone else's choice.  I'm certainly not going with a faction that spent the majority of the E3 stream displaying it's air force's inexplicable paraphilia for humping rocks, cacti, and pieces of scenery at high velocity.

It's a testament to Planetside how well the factions can fracture even the most unified communities into pro and anti-skub sectarian conflict.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:02:55 pm by Microcline »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

So what, you got a beta key you're not using?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I find it funny that people are willing - more, wanting - to pay to gain access to the incomplete version of a free-to-play game.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I find it funny that people are willing - more, wanting - to pay to gain access to the incomplete version of a free-to-play game.
You do? Its quite common.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

We really should change the original vote to a faction vote, as people seem to be divided on that front (if it's even possible to change it)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Been there, done that, decision is that we at the very least choose one "main" server to play NC on, just because they're the most dwarven, and try to coordinate our other factions on other servers, so that we're all at least on the same team on any server.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Fair enough, didn't know it had been decided. 

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Been there, done that, decision is that we at the very least choose one "main" server to play NC on, just because they're the most dwarven, and try to coordinate our other factions on other servers, so that we're all at least on the same team on any server.
Wait what? VS was winning by a fair margin.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Wait what? VS was winning by a fair margin.
Not that fair. It was pretty even last time I checked.
I'm personally okay with either, as long as it's not those TR fascists. Even though their mosquito afterburners look absolutely gorgeous.

To summarize: we'll all be able to play the faction we want to, and still play together, just not with as many as on the "main" NC server since that's where all the cool people will be.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, what? It thought we were going TR! I'm not playing some traitorous rebel scum!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Wait, what? It thought we were going TR! I'm not playing some traitorous rebel scum!
Kay.

Seriously, you don't have to play with us.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

How many servers are there going to be?

Also, I propose a new poll. A faction and a region, so we can already decide which server is going to have which faction. For example:
Europe, VS;
Europe, TR;
Europe, NC;
NA, VS;
NA, TR... and so on.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 826