Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089949 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

You know, I would gladly preorder the game to get into the beta. I'm not sure why they wouldn't offer this.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they make a lot more money squeezing it out of you over time than just a lump sum purchase.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

Because they make a lot more money squeezing it out of you over time than just a lump sum purchase.

true, what ever happened to game dev's making game's for you know for the game and not the money :/
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

No one has done that since the 60's.

Also, All Glory to Vattic of the English Clans!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

You misunderstand. I'm asking why they wouldn't let me preorder my first month of gameplay or something just to get in.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because there is no such thing as paying for a month of gameplay. It's free!

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 09:46:57 am by sluissa »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

What? So its confirmed that this is entirely free2play? Then they could let me prepay my first currency amount or whatever.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What? So its confirmed that this is entirely free2play? Then they could let me prepay my first currency amount or whatever.

Yes, entirely free to play. You can pay for certain (not entirely determined, but said to be non-game balance impacting) things, but playing the game itself won't cost you a dime.

And that might be an option, if they had the cash shop up and running, but that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment. Things are still very much in development.

EDIT: Moot point at this time anyway, since even people with beta keys aren't even playing yet. They're just "Allowed in, once we open the doors."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

The point here was that I have money and I keep hitting the screen with my money but I'm still not playing.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No one has done that since the 60's.

Also, All Glory to Vattic of the English Clans!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Curses! How'd you get in? I don't get the refrence...

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can pre-buy the currency, since it's SOE all their games use the same paid currency "Station Cash".
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

You can pre-buy the currency, since it's SOE all their games use the same paid currency "Station Cash".
But it doesn't get me access to betaaaa

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Supposedly the cash shop in Planetside 2 only sells cosmetic upgrades, and early access to some skills/equipment i think, so it shouldn't affect game balance too much.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Ugh, its annoying me that the beta keys are flying everywhere except where i am.
I'm not even goddamn sure if i can even BUY pc gamer in belgium.
Its a very unpopular country for gaming, i guess :(

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev

true, what ever happened to game dev's making game's for you know for the game and not the money :/

Dont think this ever existed really. I live in San Francisco and I grew up in Cupertino and I am 40 years old. I know and have known many folks in game development, let me tell you they love money and always have. They have massive houses (an average home around here goes for around $650k to $1.2 million) and fancy cars, go on extravagant vacations and so forth. Its pretty much been this way since the humble beginnings.

Any illusion about anyone making games for the love of it should be forgotten. Coding is boring and tedious work (after the initial years pass), spending years, no decades, in a corporate setting with offices, meetings, cubicles, no sun, is not fun. They only reason anyone would do that is for money, or they are a serious introvert or masochist.

So yeah. Its about money.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:06:39 am by ductape »
I got nothing
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 826