Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1085011 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

I wonder if camo is one of those 'cosmetic upgrades' that you have to pay for  :-\
How do you expect them to make money, donations? There are definitely much worse things they could be selling.

From the way they were describing it during the stream, you should also be able to get at least some cosmetics from ingame currency.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

I wonder if camo is one of those 'cosmetic upgrades' that you have to pay for  :-\
How do you expect them to make money, donations? There are definitely much worse things they could be selling.

From the way they were describing it during the stream, you should also be able to get at least some cosmetics from ingame currency.

Thats good, and I suppose buying cosmetics is still better than having to buy weapons etc. just to stay competitive.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

I will join the group later today.

And when you say beta key are talking about people who are playing it right now, or people who have been garentieed guaranteed ounces the beta is out ( I forget what stage we are at right now ) if so I'm one of the people guaranteed beta access as soon as beta is released
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nobody is playing it right now   :P  Everyone is just guaranteed a place once it starts, which should be soon.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

Yeah but the people on the list which you made they have guaranteed beta then ? And I will join the group later today because the other guy was wanting to put the guaranteed people into admin slots in the group ?

Also I would like to say I hope we as a community do go for the NC I think they are more dwarfy than the other teams like I would see NC being the dwarfs, TR being the humans and then the VS being the elfs.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'd like for us to go NC as well.  More than that though, I'd like for us to be whatever faction has most of us on, as having more people matters more to me than the faction.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Can we please use for coordination something sane (like IRC) instead of the godawfulshitfucking Steam?

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Steam is quite annoying, i'll admit.  But in this case it does suit our purpose.  Is IRC any good?  I have never used it.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's online chat technology that's 25 years old. That should really tell you all you need to know about it.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fair enough  :P

Does anyone know if servers are going to be region based? e.g american servers and british servers..  because if so, that could make things difficult.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

It's online chat technology that's 25 years old. That should really tell you all you need to know about it.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And man, fuck Steam.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They will, having all servers in one region would kill any mmo-notrpg game, there is a single word explaining it - PING. And while PS is mmofps it would be a disaster. But from what i noticed that its ping-advantage game, where higher pings give you bonuses like killing enemies after they killed you (and not related to bullet travel). Well if they choose highly server based mechanic, they wouldnt be able to even get close to that 2000 per server.
I also prefer irc to steam not-fun things.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Anyone else gone back to play PS1 just because?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

The Steam group is just a way to organize a list and post events in a medium that almost everyone uses frequently.  Steam could be used to let everyone know "We're planning a group raid along the west coast in 2 hours" but once you get in-game you can shut down Steam.  In-game chat and voice-over-IP will be much preferred, but for the most part Steam is an excellent thing for people to run in the background while they're not gaming, so that they can browse forums and still get the "even starts in 5 minute" updates.

And on that note
IF YOU HAVE A BETA KEY, JOIN THE STEAM GROUP, GET IN GROUP CHAT, AND POST YOUR FORUM NAME AND ACKNOWLEDGE YOU HAVE A KEY!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Steam is pretty damn annoying as far as the communication aspects of it go. I hate the groups on there BECAUSE of the group announcements. But that's not an argument for this thread.

I've heard confirmation that Planetside "veterans" will be getting access. I'm curious if that's only current subscribers, or if it's the people that've purchased it in the past.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 826