Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084880 times)

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Congratulations Siquo!

And 13 US
       13 EU
        1 Other
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:54:41 am by draco1234 »

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev

I didn't say you'd be spamming them, but the pop-up nature is highly annoying if I'm doing something else. The old bay12 group used to do them all the time, and some games don't handle popups well.

I am with you on that, when I am working or something I dont want popups (I work from home). I asked about it once in the thread for the B12 group and I got yelled at, I just didnt care to see TF2 announcements every day popping up. I quit the group.

I want to say this is more the fault of Steam for not giving us a way to turn off the popups. Lame on them.
I got nothing

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't say you'd be spamming them, but the pop-up nature is highly annoying if I'm doing something else. The old bay12 group used to do them all the time, and some games don't handle popups well.

I am with you on that, when I am working or something I dont want popups (I work from home). I asked about it once in the thread for the B12 group and I got yelled at, I just didnt care to see TF2 announcements every day popping up. I quit the group.

I want to say this is more the fault of Steam for not giving us a way to turn off the popups. Lame on them.

Amen, and for god sake, each time i get that notification on planetside 2 thread i always trip thinking somebody know the date or yet better that beta has started...
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Congratulations!   You've won on of our PlanetSide 2 keys!  Here's how you redeem it:

1.) Report to www.Planetside2.com and enter the Beta code below.  Click "Redeem".

Code: GMV5-FLKJ-RT3O-DFPR

2.) Be one of the first to engage in epic combat on a massive, never-seen-before scale.

Thanks for being a part of what we do here at GamingTrend - looking forward to seeing you online!

--
Ron Burke
Director of Gaming Trend
Editor in Chief
FUCK YEAH. IMMA IN.

Also, I'm European in case you didn't count me.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Congratz!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

Brit here.

Britain is ment to be getting an internet boost around 2013 according to the media. -Web connection overhaul underway apparently- :P think US servers should be fine. No guarantees.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

Brit here.

Britain is ment to be getting an internet boost around 2013 according to the media. -Web connection overhaul underway apparently- :P think US servers should be fine. No guarantees.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

BT will never update they are the Cheepest company ever and they own all the lines and won't update them except if you live 300m away from the exchange, I live in a village 1 mile from a town I get 50kbs download speed average -.-
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Brit here.

Unless this 'internet boost' involves moving the continents closer together, I see no way for it to influence ping to US.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Australian here. We supposedly have had a boost, what with the 'National Broadband Network', but I'm not seeing any increase in speed or availability.

I have heavily throttled wireless broadband, which is all that's available to my SUBURBAN suburb.

A friend of mine cannot even get that, apparently his copper wires aren't good enough or some such silly thing.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

Brit here.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

BT will never update they are the Cheepest company ever and they own all the lines and won't update them except if you live 300m away from the exchange, I live in a village 1 mile from a town I get 50kbs download speed average -.-

Think the keyword was fibre optics or something. Yeah, i know BT are skanks but. their can be hope. how ever missplaced it is.

I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile

I'd play (EU), but my crappy laptop wouldn't be able to run it on the very minimum graphics settings.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

US/EU - 13
AUS - 2

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

Think the keyword was fibre optics or something. Yeah, i know BT are skanks but. their can be hope. how ever missplaced it is.

You can allready get fibre optic broadband in the UK though? It's pretty common depending on your area. I have it, you get like 100-150 ping to US servers, which I guess is playable. But for anything like an FPS it's not ideal.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, speaking of ping, this may be motivation to get on moving a phone cable near my computer, so I can actually plug in to my router. Sick and tired of WiFi

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev

Virgin Media's internet is pretty decent at this point, with their cheapest internet service still netting me about 10Mbps with decent (though not amazing) ping even on American servers. I don't think any of the other service providers have coined onto fibre optic technology yet...heck, wouldn't be surprised if hooking your PC directly into the phone still seems "new and hip" to them.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 826