Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089566 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

How do you Freenode?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

How do you Freenode?
Get back to your puny Steam, cave(wo?)man.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Says the guy who insists that we use technology from the 1980s. :P

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Found something interesting:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Alloys (yellow) = Flash(10), Sunderer(150), Grenades(10)
Polymers (green) = Lightning(80), Mosquito(125), Reaver(125), Scythe(125)
Catalysts (orange) = Prowler(100), Magrider(100), Vanguard(100), Liberator(150)

It shows the (current) layout for resources.  And the first thing that strikes me is that the NC have tons of catalyst, but hardly any polymers, which means light aircraft will be hard to come by, but they can field heavy vehicles by the dozen.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you Freenode?
You use any IRC client and join the irc.freenode server.

Easiest way is to use this interface. Pick any nick and enter #df-ps2 in the channel. You can get more involved later.

On a related note, I managed to screw up a little on my phones touchscreen (scrolling past the deop button by putting my finger on it probably wasn't that smart..). The room's there and works for the basics.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile

Is there a mechanic preventing a member of the faction from draining all of the resources suiciding vehicles on the enemy lines?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Is there a mechanic preventing a member of the faction from draining all of the resources suiciding vehicles on the enemy lines?
The resources you have are yours alone, not a faction-wide pool.

So really you'd just lose your own resources to stupidity.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, the blue areas give Auraxium, which is used for weapons and can be traded for any other resource, making it the most valuable.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Every player gets a stipend of resources based on income and actions.  If you helped conquer a base you get more resources.  If you sit at base and stare you'll still get some.  When you go suicide vehicles, you drain your personal amount, but don't affect other players.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Every player gets a stipend of resources based on income and actions.  If you helped conquer a base you get more resources.  If you sit at base and stare you'll still get some.  When you go suicide vehicles, you drain your personal amount, but don't affect other players.

I thought everyone just got an equal percentage of the resources your faction owns?

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then all the people who don't play anymore would absorb all the resources.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then all the people who don't play anymore would absorb all the resources.

If thats the case, whats the point capturing resources then?

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is why it is not that way, I assume.  Also to make people play more.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well you have a personal bank limit, so presumably once you hit that amount you won't be taking any new resources from the faction.  Abandoned accounts would only be a downer for a week or two, barely.

Then there's a question though.  Are resources limited, or are they unlimited?  IE, if I capture a base that gives 5,000 alloys per day, does that mean that everyone in the faction gets 5 alloys per day?  Or, if I get a base that gives 20 alloys per day, then does everyone get 20 per day?  Basically, are resources split based on base output, or does everyone get an undiluted share?

If it's based on total empire population, then I could see resources becoming very scarce very fast.  Or it could be a flat "This base gives +20 to everyone".

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be honest, I think the resources system is going to be difficult to balance, as well as faction balancing and territory sharing...  The beta is going to be very important it seems.

I'd put my money on +20 for everyone, as it looks as if it will cause less problems
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 826