Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084931 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

By the way, my IL2 squad is VT-13, or CVW-13 or just "13th". Either way, the point is it works in IL2. There's plenty of names like that, 78th, 92nd, 337th, 303, JG1/III and the like. And they all extend to something bigger. So, you'd have 78th Fighter Group, 92nd Bomber Group, etc. 12th or B12 works just fine, with a longer, more descriptive name used elsewhere (forums, etc).

Also, is there any concrete information on map size? That determines whether we need a logistics battalion. I see others also like this idea (convoys, etc) :)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the way, my IL2 squad is VT-13, or CVW-13 or just "13th". Either way, the point is it works in IL2. There's plenty of names like that, 78th, 92nd, 337th, 303, JG1/III and the like. And they all extend to something bigger. So, you'd have 78th Fighter Group, 92nd Bomber Group, etc. 12th or B12 works just fine, with a longer, more descriptive name used elsewhere (forums, etc).

Also, is there any concrete information on map size? That determines whether we need a logistics battalion. I see others also like this idea (convoys, etc) :)

I believe the official word on map size is "Enormous".

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe the official word on map size is "Enormous".
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Indeed.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

In Planetside 1, there was a bit of logistics, but because Galaxies were very available and we'll have things like hot drops and stuff, I don't think you'll be spending a ton of time going overland, unless maybe to flank. We'll want leaders and coordination but I don't think we need a battalion dedicated to delivering soldiers.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy shit this isn't a photoshop this is actually real

A bunch of goons figured out that you could switch the ID on any SOE game launcher to get into PS2.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In Planetside 1, there was a bit of logistics, but because Galaxies were very available and we'll have things like hot drops and stuff, I don't think you'll be spending a ton of time going overland, unless maybe to flank. We'll want leaders and coordination but I don't think we need a battalion dedicated to delivering soldiers.

Well, tanks need to go over land particularly, and if we're moving into a heavy air-superiority fight, we don't want too many guys up in the air with them.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Securing a route will be important, but things like "get ammo to the front lines" won't be.  I can imagine having a few prowlers or liberators standing guard over a convoy's route to ensure they can make it through consistnetly.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy shit this isn't a photoshop this is actually real

A bunch of goons figured out that you could switch the ID on any SOE game launcher to get into PS2.
SOoo simple thats funny... Oh btw Linky?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:50:06 pm by jocan2003 »
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Photoshop is strong in this one, he should design our outfit image, assuming there will be one.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Photoshop is strong in this one, he should design our outfit image, assuming there will be one.
This one isn't a photoshop, and I didn't make the first one.  I'd rate my current image manipulation skills as rather amateur.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This one isn't a photoshop, and I didn't make the first one.  I'd rate my current image manipulation skills as rather amateur.
Wait, so that one is real?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

But, as stated, that one's fixed now.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Maybe when the beta is actually released they will make a title screen of good quality. The current one has this immersion breaking font that more looks at home on a financial report.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Maybe when the beta is actually released they will make a title screen of good quality. The current one has this immersion breaking font that more looks at home on a financial report.
To be fair, they are more focused on trying to finish the game at the moment, than making the login screen look good :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

How does a font break immersion? I mean unless they're using Comic Sans or Papyrus...
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 826