Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089638 times)

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

I'm not sure we are a bit enough outfit to really contribute in the big scrums.  I think our best bet is to try and flank them, and attack/defend less populated areas while the main force is distracted.  But then again, when has tactics ever come into to it?   CHARGE THE BREACH!

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If vehicle surfing is in, then forget all that.  We'll just load all the MAXs onto a Liberator and fly carefully fill tilt into the enemy base.
Maxes cant jump. We will need to drop some from the cliff.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

What matters is bringing power to a point.

The best way well end up working is probably resource hit and run's, flank attacks, bunker takeings and if theirs a Fortress base near the front line we can punch our way through and nick it so folks an spawn behind and pincer move our opponents.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I figure we're dwarves.  If we're going to be taking part in mainline warfare - that is, participating with the bulk of the server as they contest an important hex - we'll probably be doing modified MAX rushes.  As everyone is fighting, and people flank and air forces wax and wane, we'll just load up the whole outfit and smash through a single point of the base.  Don't take the base.  Just put as much pressure as you can on one specific point, and lay down as much fire and pain as you can.  Don't break the wall, just pierce one bit.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I figure we're dwarves.  If we're going to be taking part in mainline warfare - that is, participating with the bulk of the server as they contest an important hex - we'll probably be doing modified MAX rushes.  As everyone is fighting, and people flank and air forces wax and wane, we'll just load up the whole outfit and smash through a single point of the base.  Don't take the base.  Just put as much pressure as you can on one specific point, and lay down as much fire and pain as you can.  Don't break the wall, just pierce one bit.
Replace MAX with Liberator and Vanguard, and you've got yourself a plan :)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Replace MAX with Liberator and Vanguard, and you've got yourself a plan :)
Sounds like a goblin siege. Hopefully without the heavy casualties

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

Well figure out what works when we get their.

Eather way well need to be able to set up into "squads" who work together to complete seperate objectives/back each other up/do different functions and coordinate.

-ide say this would be acheived by a mobile spawn point driven by squad leader or someone who is AFK and parked behind a really big rock most likely-
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If a Galaxy gets the stealth cert, that's ideal.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well figure out what works when we get their.

Eather way well need to be able to set up into "squads" who work together to complete seperate objectives/back each other up/do different functions and coordinate.

-ide say this would be acheived by a mobile spawn point driven by squad leader or someone who is AFK and parked behind a really big rock most likely-
Galaxies function as the mobile spawn points in PS2, and they also serve as equipment and ammo resupply, I think.  Hiding a galaxy behind a rock may be difficult, especially if you have to fly it there first as you would have to fly low to avoid detection.  And from what I've seen in the beta footage, the ground is absolutely deadly to any and all vehicles :P  Of course that only applies to stealth missions.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could probably manage that with some practice.  I'm always a pretty good pilot, some crazy-low-altitude bombing isn't out of the question at all.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It does sound like fun.  It would be good to do competitions as well when things are quiet, to practice our skills and because it's fun.  Like air races etc. 

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stand an infiltrator atop a tower.  Whoever can fly a vehicle and ram them, wins!

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stand an infiltrator atop a tower.  Whoever can fly a vehicle and ram them, wins!
So long as the vehicle has to be upside-down at the moment of impact :)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaking of infiltrators and vehicles, I wonder if it's going to be possible to snipe the pilot.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

So long as the vehicle has to be upside-down at the moment of impact :)
The pilot must also eject shortly before hitting the target.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 826