Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1085024 times)

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

I'm guessing they do, as it would still be relatively easy to switch seats to one of the passenger compartments, and then exit.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

I'm guessing they do, as it would still be relatively easy to switch seats to one of the passenger compartments, and then exit.

Can air unit pilots swap position? While I know ground vehicles the driver can swap to any open spot, I was under the impression that they could not in multi seat air vehicles while in flight.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you can, although it is supposedly quite slow unless you cert in it, which seems quite pointless really :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I think you can, although it is supposedly quite slow unless you cert in it, which seems quite pointless really :P
Switching seats quickly lets you man the guns yourself, I used to do it all the time in PS1.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In an aircraft though it is a bit risky, unless you're doing some high altitiude bombing etc.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We could really do with updating the steam page.  There are lots of new beta key holders, and we still haven't got a group avatar  :-\

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

We could really do with updating the steam page.  There are lots of new beta key holders, and we still haven't got a group avatar  :-\
Some of us aren't joining the group..

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know, but on the steam page there are many people who have left a comment saying they have a key, but havent been added to the list.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile

Is there an aircraft that can be described as a light bomber/strike aircraft?

If so, I'll gladly fly that. In the YSFlight simulation (Really good simulator, very realistic physics), I can fly a Kfir upside down just 20 meters above the ground. You can leave flying in under the radar to me.

I'm also okay at high-altitude bombing, if that's possible.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems we got quite a few pilots around here :)  And the Reaver is the NC light aircraft, and is a very good strike craft with the right upgrades.  The only real 'bomber' is the Liberator, but it's a 3 man aircraft, so I don't think it can be considered light.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

I just stumbled upon the NC and TR Soundtracks.

I like the TR one more. /loyalty
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there an aircraft that can be described as a light bomber/strike aircraft?

If so, I'll gladly fly that. In the YSFlight simulation (Really good simulator, very realistic physics), I can fly a Kfir upside down just 20 meters above the ground. You can leave flying in under the radar to me.

I'm also okay at high-altitude bombing, if that's possible.

I'm thinking some of the weapon/equpment for each faction-exclusive aircraft will have enough variety so they can play either Fighter or Fighter/bomber (I'm guessing that's what you mean by light bomber?) or pure Anti-Ground (Anti-infantry or Anti-Armour most likely). We'll have to see once they roll beta out what the equipment will be. As for the Liberator, it doesn't even see like a classic bomber anymore, but more like an AC130 style gunship (essentially large aircraft with tank cannon attached).

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just stumbled upon the NC and TR Soundtracks.

I like the TR one more. /loyalty
To be fair, they've said that the NC one was an early version, and the finished soundtrack sounds much better.  The VS soundtrack is also very good (for alien-lovers).

Also, the Liberator, while it is a gunship, can be turned into a sort-of bomber with some of the weapon choices.  I'll see if I can find the link to them.

Edit: I couldn't find the screengrabs, but it goes through some at the start of this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsd5uouw9I   (Also, that camo makes my eyes bleed)

« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:24:40 pm by draco1234 »

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Hope that they give the NC themes a buff considering that it is the faction that we will play, and because the TR and Vanu ones are simply glorious.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

I like the NC theme so far, mostly because I'm kinda a sucker for Guitar-heavy songs. :P

Also, I find it funny that there are like a billion Terran loyalists now because one youtube personality (Total Biscuit) said that it was his faction. Damn tyrants are indoctrinating people by making well known people like them!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:35:04 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 826