Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089591 times)

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's one of the reason's I think it'll be a temporary measure (a "free week" as opposed to "adopting the F2P model").  There's also the fact that if they kept it up it'd be cutting into PS2's profits.  However, there'd be nothing wrong with giving it one more shot at recapturing the old scale, especially given how the current hype has caused a wave of re-subs.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

That's not really fair.  "Cutting into PS2" profits doesn't happen.  PS1 is owned by the same people as PS2.  If you're spending money on PS1 you're paying SOE either way.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

That's not really fair.  "Cutting into PS2" profits doesn't happen.  PS1 is owned by the same people as PS2.  If you're spending money on PS1 you're paying SOE either way.
Except they still have to pay server costs.

If they have two titles with similar enough gameplay in their mind they are quite likely to send the old one to the chopping block in efforts to maximize overall profit.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Is SOE, though. They'll nix PS1 eventually out of strict spite. *grumblegrumbleinfantrygrumble*

Be interested if there's a PS1 free week. Never actually played the game :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Vanu look like they know what's going on, lets play as them.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

That just made my entire summer vacation. :P
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I laughed, out loud.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

I am unsure about all three factions.

I like the look and feel of the NC weapons and MAX'es and stuff. I always preferred slow powerful autocannons to chainguns and plasma... Buuut I like the actual factions of the vanu and terrans more. Especially the Vanu, transhumanist scientists compared to the almost religious ignorance of NC and TR. Also purple is pretty.

I don't know I could go for any of the factions I guess.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

The NC are not the ones in possession of plasma weapons. You should look at the Vanu for that.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is SOE, though. They'll nix PS1 eventually out of strict spite. *grumblegrumbleinfantrygrumble*

Be interested if there's a PS1 free week. Never actually played the game :P
Indeed, if it goes F2P for a bit I will be able to see what this is all about... ^_^
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

The NC are not the ones in possession of plasma weapons. You should look at the Vanu for that.

Read what I wrote again :)

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile

Very interested in seeing what they're going to announce with PS1. My first thought was that they'd make it free-to-play for a bit, like an extended trial, but let you unlock some novelty/cosmetic stuff for PS2.

Not sure how those games will actually co-exist once PS2 is out, though. It's a different situation than EQ vs EQ2, isn't it?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am unsure about all three factions.

I like the look and feel of the NC weapons and MAX'es and stuff. I always preferred slow powerful autocannons to chainguns and plasma... Buuut I like the actual factions of the vanu and terrans more. Especially the Vanu, transhumanist scientists compared to the almost religious ignorance of NC and TR. Also purple is pretty.

I don't know I could go for any of the factions I guess.

The Vanu, supposed intellects who worship aliens as a way beyond humanity.
I'm unsure if this reminds me more of Scientoligists or Rednecks...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

New conglomerate all the way.

Future is easily predicted.
They eventually win the war, happy times, everybody happeh, the governement grows more grumpy and dictator-esque and then it all starts over again.
Happens every single time, without fail.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Yay let's perpetuate the cycle!
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 826