Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089288 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

TR.
Yes, the TR surely will fall brother. Thank you for your support in our cause! NC forevah!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

TR.
Yes, the TR surely will fall brother. Thank you for your support in our cause! NC forevah!
+1

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still have to admire the Vanu, because their motivation is For Science!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

No, their motivation is 'Kiss the ass of the alien overlords!' and they do what they're told. NC is for free humanity.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

So this probably won't run on my laptop :P Looks pretty good though :)

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

No, their motivation is 'Kiss the ass of the alien overlords!' and they do what they're told. NC is for free humanity.

That whole freedom thing is the whole problem, if my dwarves didn't cling to their precious freedom and just did what I told them my forts would run so much more smoothly. :p

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

No, their motivation is 'Kiss the ass of the alien overlords!' and they do what they're told. NC is for corperate profit disguised as free humanity.
FTFY.

If I'm going to be kissing something anyway, I'd rather go for alien overlord ass than government jackboot or megacorp schlong.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

That whole freedom thing is the whole problem, if my dwarves didn't cling to their precious freedom and just did what I told them my forts would run so much more smoothly. :p
Well at least they die happy, holding their precious +Pig Tail Sock+ and thinking about that mule bone amulet artifact they once made.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your dwarves are fairly communist, if you notice.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Your dwarves are fairly communist, if you notice.
Communists have a leader. The dwarven king has no real power, because dwarves are controlled by their collective hive mind.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile

I guess the three factions' political ideologies boil down to (approximately) Authoritarianism, Libertarianism, and Theocracy.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I guess the three factions' political ideologies boil down to (approximately) Authoritarianism, Libertarianism, and Theocracy.
I'd have said Fascism, Capitalism and Technocracy, but yours works, too. Anyway, backstory schmackstory I just want to shoot the different-colored ones. :P

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile

I'd have said Fascism, Capitalism and Technocracy, but yours works, too. Anyway, backstory schmackstory I just want to shoot the different-colored ones. :P
More or less, yeah.
I was tempted to say Fascism, but the term Fascism is over-used.  I didn't want to slap that label on the TR unless they're radically nationalistic.
On the VS, I they came across to me more like religious transhumanists who worship the tech of a bygone civilization as holding the key to their salvation. Not exactly the embodiment of meritocratic ideals of the Technocracy movement.
And technically, Capitalism is more of an economic system than a political ideology.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 03:02:15 am by Techhead »
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

On the VS, I they came across to me more like religious transhumanists who worship the tech of a bygone civilization as holding the key to their salvation. Not exactly the embodiment of meritocratic ideals of the Technocracy movement.
And technically, Capitalism is more of an economic system than a political ideology.
Agreed. Maybe the NC are more Anarchist than Libertarian. Fascism is still a valid (if outdated) form of running a country. It has been used after WWII, and some parties in some countries still adhere to a subform of it.

Anyway, all three of them are evil, in a way, and more or less equally so. I love how the players (even a subset of them, like us, see the poll) actually have dispersed ourselves evenly across all three ideologies. It's kind of amazing that there's not one side of which almost ALL players think that they suck terribly and should die painfully.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 826