Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089306 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

You'd be surprised at the amount of racism and faction loyalty that spawns after playing the same side for 7 years.

Also as a comparison, I'd say that the TR are more like a giant global china government, except they get shit done properly. NC are like a pure freemarket Americas where everyone has a gun and knows how to use it, VS don't really fit into this , they're like religious nut jobs... so WBC? : P
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 08:26:00 am by Nilocy »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

You'd be surprised at the amount of racism and faction loyalty that spawns after playing the same side for 7 years.
No, I'm not surprised, I've seen plenty of that :)  I'm more surprised that it's spread out so evenly, and that the whole "sense of belonging to a group" and group loyalty are more important than whether the groups' ideology actually matches your personal ideas. This goes for racism as well, the group of "people like me", or just wearing the same color, is very important.

The psychological implications are immense!

So, all of you PS1 players, why did you initially choose your faction? I went for VS at first because of the jumping MAX's, and secondary to that the ideology of intellect uber alles. Years later I played a bit of NC, because of the big guns. I never liked the TR, neither their stuff nor their ideology.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

I went with TR because a) I'm horrendously racist when it comes to videogames, TR are the rightful heirs to auraxis etc. etc. all others are pretenders and b) their colour colour scheme, ever seen a TR magrider? : D

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I used to play mostly NC, just because that's what my friends played back then. I gave TR a try when I was on my own a few times. Don't remember much about it except everyone wanted the pistol. I actually traded that stupid pistol for my life more than once. VS I have absolutely no recollection of, even though I did have a very seldom used character. I think I just occasionally hopped on there when the bonuses were high.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

So, all of you PS1 players, why did you initially choose your faction?
The NC standard sidearm is a shotgun pistol. A shotgun pistol.

I think that says all that needs saying about them, really.

Granted, the weapon isn't very good... but that's not the point.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

shotgun pistol.
i'm not sure how that would even work.
Would that be like 10 pistols taped on eachother or something?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

shotgun pistol.
i'm not sure how that would even work.
Would that be like 10 pistols taped on eachother or something?
No... it's a pistol which fires shotgun shells. Like if you modified a pistol to fire a 12 gauge shotgun shell.

The recoil would break your wrist and the barrel is too short to get any kind of distance, but they have powered armor and who needs distance?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

We... have shotgun pistols in real life. I do understand they've got a kick to 'em, but not bad enough to break your wrist if you're braced properly.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

We... have shotgun pistols in real life. I do understand they've got a kick to 'em, but not bad enough to break your wrist if you're braced properly.
neat, I didn't know that.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, some clarification from twitter about PS1 players.
"PS1 vets don't need a beta key, you'll get in the beta when it begins. ^Valkyrie"

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile

It's called a sawn-off :P

a really, really short sawn-off.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Only that most shotguns usually don't have a magazine. Pistols do.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.

I played NC in PS1. I loved the shotgun pistol.

I played an infiltrator, and taking down MAXs with AP ammo in the shotgun pistol was hilarious. I remember once me and another guy got together in the field and I hopped in his vehicle, and we started riding around taking towers with me in an infiltrator suit, and we go in one and there is a TR anti-infantry MAX right by the terminal where you hack it and my buddy gets shot up and just runs out and hops in the vehicle gun and is telling me over voice chat to get out before he kills me (we didn't have a respawn nearby and my buddy was almost dead from the MAX getting him for a couple seconds). Meanwhile I've switched my pistol to my box of AP rounds and am strafing around the MAX peppering his back with the shotgun pistol while he tries in vain to face me long enough for his shots to connect. Killed the MAX, hacked the tower, got more ammo, and my buddy was still outside - shocked that I killed the MAX with a pistol.

The shotgun pistol with regular rounds was pretty effective against regular armor too. I remember sneaking up on snipers and standing right beside them before starting to shoot them, and usually they would wind up dead before they even realized what was hitting them. Reason I stood beside them was sometimes they would expect it to be an infiltrator and spin around and shoot behind them, and that sniper gun would take out an infil suit in one shot.

Looking forward to PS2. Oh, and my vote is for the NC too :p
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most shotguns actually do have a magazine. Most that aren't the break open type have a magazine that's inline with the barrel and you load it one shell at a time.

Now, most do not have a removable magazine, if that's what you mean, but a few do.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

Modern pistols do but flintlocks and other early types of pistol don't, like derringers for example

I went with TR because a) I'm horrendously racist when it comes to videogames, TR are the rightful heirs to auraxis etc. etc. all others are pretenders and b) their colour colour scheme, ever seen a TR magrider? : D

I went with TR because they're red. I do love how people are reading deep into the lore of each faction to make their decision but I like to base most of my decisions on colour alone if I can manage it. :P
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 826