Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089166 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Once we settle in some we could each post what days and times you're likely to see us in game then have them collected in a graph or table of sorts. Then we can plan around that.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Steam will also help in that you can set up events and announcements.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Yeah, steam announcements really helped with the TF2 server as well: Nobody ever on, unless there's an announcement and Bam, server full. I think we'll be fine, at least at first.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just realzed how eerily similar SupCom and Planetside are. 

Largest scale games in their genre?  Yep. 
Earth based fascist overly controlling faction?  Yep: UEF and TR. 
Alien worshiping faction? Yes: Aeon and Vanu?  Revolutionary faction?  Sort of, both Cybran and NC are fighting for freedom, but their strategy and philosophies differ (Cybran focus on stealth, NC on MOAR !!BOOM!!). 
Incredibly awesome?  Hell yes!!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Knowing that, and having a feeling that NC is going to get more zergy players less willing to cooperate and coordinate, and that they are more hated than any other faction (on Planetside Universe's forums, anyways), I'm fairly sure I'm going Vanu.
This only makes me want to play NC more.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's easy to avoid getting shot when there's so many other, easier targets.  Who's going to go kill that sniper on the ridge when there's a perfectly good noob liberator flying circles around the AA turrets?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Well, someone who hates snipers.

But anyway, if we can get even half the people who voted in the poll into the outfit, I think we'll easily have critical mass to avoid the whole thing being abandoned, provided there's a few good leaders.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can we use this guy as our mascot?
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

It's easy to avoid getting shot when there's so many other, easier targets.  Who's going to go kill that sniper on the ridge when there's a perfectly good noob liberator flying circles around the AA turrets?

That's a good idea for all our in-game recruits.  We put them all in an 'awesome squad', telling them its only for the most elite players, and send them in first before each attack as a distraction.  All the enemy will be too busy picking off our 'allies' trying to teabag a tank, to shoot our main force  :P

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

That's a good idea for all our in-game recruits.  We put them all in an 'awesome squad', telling them its only for the most elite players, and send them in first before each attack as a distraction.  All the enemy will be too busy picking off our 'allies' trying to teabag a tank, to shoot our main force  :P

If they somehow survive, then they are truly in.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

If they somehow survive, then they are truly in.

'Trial by fire', I like the sound of that.  It's definately dwarfy!  (it would be better if there was actual fire involved, but...)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:34:39 pm by draco1234 »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like we need to load a Galaxy to perform some "SWAT Training" at that heavily guarded enemy base.

You know what I'm talking about.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems the person on twitter is assigning challenges (ie, find a picture and manip a certain empire's crest into it) to get keys, at least to the people that get his attention.

[EDIT] And I've been noticed.  Challenge accepted! (It doesn't even need any image manipulation!)

[EDIT2] Hell yes!  Got a beta key! I'm not sure whether it was from the completion of the challenge (as the guy who gave me the challenge stopped posting right before I finished it) or a modification of an image looking down the barrel of a UEF Mavor artillery gun, with the NC logo, subtitled "Bigger is always better."
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 07:40:59 pm by Mistercheif »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

I think in PS2 I'm probably going to join Ostekake and his infamous Battle Marines of Chaos.

Ostekake is probably the most revered TR CR5 commander ever, he's nuts and everyone knows it. But he's damned good at what he does.

On the topic of defending, in PS1 it was _very_ entertaining, like a lot more so than attacking. Mainly because you had a protected spawn, were litterally fighting (most of the time) a downhill battle, you had the higherground of the walls, a vehicle spawn point inside the base and ease access to reinforcements.

I'll probably be playing on good ol' Werner when the beta is out.

Also I don't think subscribing now will give you beta access, i think stopped happening a while back

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Sounds like we need to load a Galaxy to perform some "SWAT Training" at that heavily guarded enemy base.

You know what I'm talking about.

We are going to be the most loved outfit in all of PS2 :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 826