Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089434 times)

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Someone posted this on the planetside forums:

Notice a few Reaver tooltips:

Reaver Composite Armor - Adds composite armor on the Reaver Light Aircraft that will add resistance from small arms fire.

Decoy flares - Launches several decoy flares, disrupting lock-ons and any missiles currently tracking the vehicle.

Hellfire Rockets - The Hellfire Rockets are dumb-fire rockets that can do massive damage on direct hits. These rockets are ideal for engaging ground targets from the air.

Coyote A5M - The Coyote Air to Ground Missiles are capable of locking-on to enemy vehicles. Once a lock has been acquired, simply fire the weapon and it will begin tracking your target.

Cluster Bombs - Cluster Bombs trade propulsion for a larger payload. They inherit the vehicles speed when launched and will fall to the ground. Cluster bombs do area damage on detonation.

-

And a few for the Gauss Rifle:

IRNV Scope - A standardized infrared scope that allows high visibility in low light situations.

Reflex Sight - A standardized reflex sight with 2x magnification zoom designed to promote faster precision aiming.

4x Scope - A 4x zoom laser scope useful when engaging targets at greater distances.

4x Scope - A 4x zoom scope useful when engaging targets at greater distances. (No laser!)

Suppressor - Decreases muzzle flash and audio range.

Forward Grip - Reduces horizontal sway during recoil.

Smoke Launcher - Under barrel smoke grenade launcher that, when fired, will produce a large smoke plume capable of providing cover for a short period of time.

Genade Launcher - An under barrel grenade launcher weapon attachment.

I'm liking the sound of those cluster bombs myself.  Seems we will be able to do reaver bombing runs, which sounds like fun :P

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

We'll use stupid bombs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Draco: I'd be careful about reposting stuff like that. That looks dangerously like something the NDA might cover.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Draco: I'd be careful about reposting stuff like that. That looks dangerously like something the NDA might cover.
That would only matter if he saw this in a bete/protected area of the forum. If it was in the open, he is fully within his rights to repost it.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

within his rights, yeah. But on the possibility that the info comes from someone in the beta who wasn't supposed to make it public, reposting it could, if not cause any real trouble, possibly hurt his chances at getting into the beta.

I like hearing more info about the game, I just also know that some companies, especially big ones like Sony, take NDAs hella seriously.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

It's fine, the info was gotten from the 30min stream that was posted, so it's perfectly legal  ;)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You think Higby wasn't supposed to post his 30 minute stream or reveal any content in it because NDA? Haha.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

within his rights, yeah. But on the possibility that the info comes from someone in the beta who wasn't supposed to make it public, reposting it could, if not cause any real trouble, possibly hurt his chances at getting into the beta.

I like hearing more info about the game, I just also know that some companies, especially big ones like Sony, take NDAs hella seriously.
Yes, because being denied a beta is the worst thing ever. The fact is that companies can't do anything about a third party reposting information they found in an public forum or website, NDA or no. They can go after the originator of the information and ASK that people take it down, but they can't do anything if you refuse.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

We already have cluster bombs. It is called passengers carrying C4, just drop out, throw and detonate before you land, say each dwarf can carry three charges, the galaxy can hold what, 12? That's 36 explosives! :D

I'll even illustrate using my amazing paint skills.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Picture of the day.
You'd probably get a beta key with that.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Cluster Noob Weapon System!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

I lol'd pretty hard at that. They're just so damn happy!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But yeah, its CERTAINLY a great idea to pick up innocent and unsuspecting newbies, load them into a galaxy and drop all of them on it.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

looks like totalbiscuit will go to san diego over the next 6 days and visits the planetside2 people again... so in 6 days we probably get a bunch of new info/videos from him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-MwUIlTuAM (30 to 60 sec in the vid)

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

I imagine that all the other players will flee from the Bay 12 troopers when they notice how we are gorging on ☼cat tallow roasts☼. It will be truly glorious.

Edit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 02:31:53 pm by Blizzlord »
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 826