Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089788 times)

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2490 on: September 08, 2012, 04:57:56 pm »

.... silly hit detection.  Friendlies running into my tank while it's stationary isn't that painful.  I haven't covered it in menacing spikes yet.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: September 08, 2012, 05:11:13 pm »

yet.
We need to make this happen. Someone inform the devs their armament options are severely lacking.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: September 08, 2012, 05:13:12 pm »

.... silly hit detection.  Friendlies running into my tank while it's stationary isn't that painful.  I haven't covered it in menacing spikes yet.
Deploy a prowler and you get some spikes atleast.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: September 08, 2012, 06:53:54 pm »

Give the way the extra armour is just strapped to the tanks I wouldn't be surprised if they could include rams and similar.

And if not they are crowdsourcing new items.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: September 08, 2012, 08:03:40 pm »

I've just discovered the most effective way to kill large numbers of infantry. Get a bunch of people on flashes, get them up max speed and jump off they'll run right through them and kill them, I know this because I got chased down a corridor and hit by one that had no driver.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: September 08, 2012, 08:26:37 pm »

Thats actually pretty funny. I can picture some officer teaching that technique to the new recruits.

"OK runts, listen up! Today we will be learning the techniques for the machine-assisted infantry rush!
First step: everybody gets a cheap quad.
Second step: use your quad to form up out of range of your target.
Third step: When the word is given, charge your target at full throttle. Feel free to dodge attacks coming your way and fire upon targets of opportunity as they pass by.
Fourth step: BEFORE HITTING ANYTHING, bail out (using the secret soft-landing techniques discussed in last week's lesson).
You have now been deployed right among the enemy force just as the unmanned vehicular missiles sow havoc amongst them."

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: September 08, 2012, 08:35:10 pm »

I really wanna try this. But i always miss the key giveaways.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: September 08, 2012, 09:02:57 pm »

Earlier today, me and 2 other DF guys were driving around in a TR Bus, failing to actually convince anyone to use us as a transport, and we found a ridge with noting but snipers. We wound up repeatedly trying to ram them while unloading both turrets. Unfortunatly we fell off the ridge when a lone Heavy Assault hit us with a rocket, and my proximity shout warning the people below caused them to evade INFRONT of the speeding wall of death. I think I'm going to avoid driving vehicles for a bit.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: September 08, 2012, 09:36:28 pm »

I've just discovered the most effective way to kill large numbers of infantry. Get a bunch of people on flashes, get them up max speed and jump off they'll run right through them and kill them, I know this because I got chased down a corridor and hit by one that had no driver.
It's pretty hard to aim and hit people even if you are still on and trying. Even if the enemy is cooperative and standing still.

Team mates, on the other hand, tend to be pretty hard to miss. Fortunately collision detection is dodgy and I've managed to pass straight through medics and MAXes without team killing.

I'm strongly considering buying a gun for the Flash, simply because I was driving behind a TR on his own Flash for nearly two minutes trying to work out how I could kill them. I stop, they keep going and I lose them in the ground clutter without getting a shot on them. I wait for them to stop, they get to open fire first and choose the terrain. In the end they hadn't even noticed me when they parked to enter a base and I got the jump on them when they headed to a capture point. But still... having something I can fire from a moving Flash would be fun.

I now officially have more MAX punch kills than scattergun kills. Was playing AA again and kept having to charge and melee with TR infantry. The flak looks like it does OK damage but a single HA can out-tank a double AA MAX while exchanging close range fire. I pulled that off earlier as well. Admittedly I had the flak armour accessory equipped which seems to help a lot.

Speaking of the armour certifications, here's what I've gathered so far. A mix of forum reports, personal experience and a little extrapolation, so don't take this as gospel, but it's the best I can do so far;

Nanoweave armour;
Reduces damage done to health (not shield) by 5% per level, up to 25% at level 5. Numbers approximate given the very limited testing done.
Currently has a bug associated where you may die before losing all your health or where your health doesn't show as lost at least, as well as some other health bar weirdness.

Flak armour;
No real tests on this so can't give numbers.
Reduces explosive damage by a notable amount. Seems to apply to shields and armour/health. Appears to apply to non-obvious sources that are flagged as AOE damage. I even seemed to take less falling damage. This all could just be random bugs and confusion.
I'd be up to testing this if anyone else has an NC character on EU1 and some explosive weapons they can shoot me with (and accept the eventual weaponlock on).

Advanced shield capacitor; [Note, haven't personally tested this.]
Reduces the time before shields start recharging.
Reportedly a 1 second reduction per level, up to 5 seconds at level 5. This is subtracted from the default 10 second wait.
Some reports that it's actually a 0.5 second reduction per level. Different classes? This is differently priced (much more expensive) for HA than the lighter classes.

Grenade bandoleer;
First level for the second grenade is cheap enough and well worth it in a lot of situations. Being able to frag two rooms instead of one can be invaluable, or lay down a more smoke as a LA. The second level is stupidly costly for the third grenade and balancing it against the armour upgrades makes it hard to justify. I'll probably look to unlock it on the medic if I ever play one long enough to want the res grenades.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: September 08, 2012, 10:57:52 pm »

Grenade bandoleer;
First level for the second grenade is cheap enough and well worth it in a lot of situations. Being able to frag two rooms instead of one can be invaluable, or lay down a more smoke as a LA. The second level is stupidly costly for the third grenade and balancing it against the armour upgrades makes it hard to justify. I'll probably look to unlock it on the medic if I ever play one long enough to want the res grenades.

I'm using maxed Grenade Bandoleer + Nanite Revive Grenades on my medic and it is great. Carrying 1 Revive Grenade pretty much just delays the inevitable, but having 3 really allows you to change the course of battle.

Still doesn't fix how most random players would rather run back for 30 seconds than wait 5 seconds for a revive, though :P
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: September 09, 2012, 01:48:10 am »

So, was anyone going to actually do that short story contest deal? If not, I figure I ought to just reform the outfit with a non-temporary name pretty soon here.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2502 on: September 09, 2012, 01:49:22 am »

So, was anyone going to actually do that short story contest deal? If not, I figure I ought to just reform the outfit with a non-temporary name pretty soon here.
What contest?

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: September 09, 2012, 03:47:36 am »

Does buying equipment in this game cost real money?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: September 09, 2012, 03:48:36 am »

Still doesn't fix how most random players would rather run back for 30 seconds than wait 5 seconds for a revive, though :P
Because a lot of the random medics tends to not revive you so it takes longer time to wait for it than respawning.

Does buying equipment in this game cost real money?
You can buy it for real money or you can gather enough of the ingame currency by playing.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 826