Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089168 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2535 on: September 09, 2012, 03:48:46 pm »

If we must do this short story thing...

I never said you guys have to. :P I just thought it would be a mildly entertaining way to choose a faction. If nobody wants to there's no need but I just figured that arguments on the actual merits of the factions would go nowhere.

Edit: And at this rate, Palsch might just have his way about choosing a faction- not that your short story necessarily has to be 3700+ words to compete though.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 03:52:08 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: September 09, 2012, 04:01:14 pm »

Oh for crying out loud, we've been choosing a faction for the last 200 pages! JUST PICK ONE ALREADY AND BE DONE WITH IT!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: September 09, 2012, 04:15:44 pm »

Oh for crying out loud, we've been choosing a faction for the last 200 pages! JUST PICK ONE ALREADY AND BE DONE WITH IT!
Well the temporary outfit is NC and the final one, starting after the next character wipe, will probably be as well.

On a tangential note I highly recommend you change your posts-per-page count in your forum settings so threads like these are less pages and a bit easier to navigate.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: September 09, 2012, 04:24:26 pm »

I suggest we pick 3 servers and have different factions on each server. That way we can all have the faction we want without fighting each other.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2539 on: September 09, 2012, 04:38:01 pm »

I suggest we pick 3 servers and have different factions on each server. That way we can all have the faction we want without fighting each other.

We don't have enough people in the beta for that. Half a dozen people is good turnout right now. Usually it's just me, Sensei, and one other person (often Cornall). We tend to fly Liberators a lot. :)
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: September 09, 2012, 04:48:46 pm »

The problem is that the more times to separate a group, the weaker each one gets. It would make more sense to just have one outfit, that way we can stay at max strength.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: September 09, 2012, 05:44:04 pm »

I DID IT! I FUCKING DID IT!
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: September 09, 2012, 05:54:26 pm »

This won't work, yeah. We pretty gotta team up. And again, US-EAST-2 NC is the place to be right now!

Got in the beta? What's your name? Form an NC char on East 2 if you want to be part of the outfit.

Edit: Derp, East 2
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 07:15:49 pm by Sensei »

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2543 on: September 09, 2012, 05:55:39 pm »

This won't work, yeah. We pretty gotta team up. And again, US-EAST-1 NC is the place to be right now!

Got in the beta? What's your name? Form an NC char on East 1 if you want to be part of the outfit.

And by East 1 he actually means East 2.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2544 on: September 09, 2012, 06:01:27 pm »

Yea, we're on east 2, bonehead :)

We don't have enough people in the beta for that. Half a dozen people is good turnout right now. Usually it's just me, Sensei, and one other person (often Cornall). We tend to fly Liberators a lot. :)

Cornall? Never met him.

I play often as Conall, though.  :P

I've been using it on and off in numerous games for years, and everywhere I go people mispronounce and misspell it. It's not that strange a name, it's a real world Irish/Scottish name. It's not like I named myself Xiaolian or something.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2545 on: September 09, 2012, 06:38:52 pm »

Or Anvilfolk. It's two words put together, but you'd be surprised that just about everyone reads it wrong.

STILL not in the Beta.

STILL hating you all.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2546 on: September 09, 2012, 07:18:55 pm »

Cornall? Never met him.

I play often as Conall, though.  :P

I've been using it on and off in numerous games for years, and everywhere I go people mispronounce and misspell it. It's not that strange a name, it's a real world Irish/Scottish name. It's not like I named myself Xiaolian or something.
:-[

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: September 09, 2012, 08:03:33 pm »

Has anyone been getting much worse lag just lately than they did before? I've been rubberbanding, having possibly-lag-related control issues, and most of all seen people and vehicles jerking around all over the place.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: September 09, 2012, 08:07:19 pm »

Has anyone been getting much worse lag just lately than they did before? I've been rubberbanding, having possibly-lag-related control issues, and most of all seen people and vehicles jerking around all over the place.

Uhh were you on West before and switched to East? I've noticed the East servers tend to have quite a bit of lag, despite regularly having lower playercounts. My main character is on West for that reason, despite being in NY.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2549 on: September 09, 2012, 08:13:01 pm »

I've been getting terrible lag today on East 2 as well. Something is up with the server I suspect, I never had problems like this before.

I just spent about 5 minutes running around watching people warp all over but being unable to actually shoot anyone, watching tanks roll by and pegging them dead on visually with rockets but never having it show that I hit, even running up to tanks and them firing right at me and me not being hurt and firing back and them not being hurt (it showed them shoot, didnt hurt me). Then suddenly I died to a MAX that I never saw while my health and shield bars were still showing full.

After that I gave up playing for now.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 826