Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084962 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2865 on: September 21, 2012, 01:03:31 pm »

Yay, see you guys tomorrow under the name of Miauw56546987654.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: September 21, 2012, 01:28:28 pm »

Yay, see you guys tomorrow under the name of Miauw56546987654.

Is Miauw really that common of a name?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: September 21, 2012, 01:28:57 pm »

Not really, but it means "meow" in dutch.
It existed 61 times on the runescape server where i got the number :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: September 21, 2012, 01:33:38 pm »

Not really, but it means "meow" in dutch.
It existed 61 times on the runescape server where i got the number :P

Ahh, ya, I used to use inferno back in the day, but it was too comon, so after several iterations I finally came up with Timferius, which I've never found used anywhere

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: September 21, 2012, 01:36:55 pm »

Good looking patch notes right now.  General increase on TTK for vehicles is nice.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: September 21, 2012, 01:52:58 pm »

Odd, they added the spawn to the Sunderer, but didn't mention removing it from the galaxy...

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2871 on: September 21, 2012, 01:59:26 pm »

It was apparently confirmed by one of the dev's elsewhere on the forum that the intended way that they are going is for both the sunderer and galaxy to be able to be certed to enable spawning. It appears for the sunderer at least, you will have to choose between having a spawn when deployed or having a vehicle repair/resupply aura or having smoke grenades.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: September 21, 2012, 01:59:55 pm »

Server maintenance is being extended this morning to address a few gameplay bugs. We are resolving these issues as quickly as possible but do not have an ETA available at this time. Thanks for your patience and we'll update as further information becomes available.
5:31 AM
Significant progress has been made into addressing a few outstanding technical issues. We anticipate the servers available shortly.
8:52 AM
We are still working through a few final issues and hope to have things available and online as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience.
32 minutes ago.

Looks like they're having quite the delays, but we should be going again soon.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2873 on: September 21, 2012, 02:08:24 pm »

MAXes are getting disabled from spawning today, due to taking damage when they bump into stuff. They will hotfix them back in ASAP.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2874 on: September 21, 2012, 02:12:40 pm »

Odd, they added the spawn to the Sunderer, but didn't mention removing it from the galaxy...

Yeah, I was talking on Reddit with the Dev that wrote the patch notes. The Gal change should also be in, any mistakes in the patch notes are his.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: September 21, 2012, 02:28:44 pm »

Yeah, I was talking on Reddit with the Dev that wrote the patch notes. The Gal change should also be in, any mistakes in the patch notes are his.

Ah, perfect, really looking forward to this. Landed Gals are really, really, really, really hard to explode.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2876 on: September 21, 2012, 02:32:47 pm »

Ah, perfect, really looking forward to this. Landed Gals are really, really, really, really hard to explode.

You are going to see some of the problems with a landed Gal not dying with Sunderers now, most notably the several engies making it invincible thing, but I expect we will see a LOT less of a problem, since there will be many more ways to deal with it. It is hard to kill a Gal on your roof. There are a TON of ways to kill a Sundy sitting outside your walls.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: September 21, 2012, 03:09:20 pm »

Yea the main problem with the Gal was the truely rediculous places people were parking them, making them nigh impervious to counterattacks, IE the Biodome roofs.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2878 on: September 21, 2012, 03:20:03 pm »

One thing that should be interesting is that Sunderers are generally a lot easier to get, most bases have a spawn for them and many of the sub-bases of the main bases have a spawn for them. That means replacing destroyed sunderers will be easier.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: September 21, 2012, 04:07:16 pm »

IMO biolabs need a change so it's not choke-pointed so badly.  Unless you land a gal on them, you're stuck running into the tp tubes, which you can camp incredibly easily.

IE, if you see a or b flipping, you can get a bunch of engineers to run into the room while the shield is still yours or neutral and drop like 5 turrets facing the tube.  I've done it occasionally with only one and it's still absurdly good.  If the defenders actually know what they're doing, it'd be more or less impossible to take a bio-lab.

Edit: To expand.  3 squads can probably hold the main dome without stretching too badly.  4 AA MAX make pretty quick work of galaxies that are trying to land, 2 engineers to repair them and supply ammo, 2 medic to repair the non-MAX, some HA to deal with hostile infantry and any galaxies that make it through, and an infiltrator for countersniping and the upcoming utility it can provide.  That's 1 squad on each pad.  Inside the dome you've got something like 5 engineers, 5 AI/AA MAX, and 2 medics on standby to camp the tubes or reinforce a pad that's getting hit by a ton of infantry.

Obviously if the enemy is bringing something like 2+ platoons worth of zerg, it has to scale up, but the whole 'slowly fly the GAL into land and form a spawn point' that people do now is crazy easy to counter if you have bursters.

They also increased the sunderers cost to 450.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:24:04 pm by Rez »
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 826