Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084882 times)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3120 on: October 07, 2012, 07:32:23 pm »

I'm very careful as a tank driver as well. If I notice someone is repairing me, I'll often pop out into 3rd person for a second to check where he is. I'll also yield to pedestrian traffic when I can, but there's only so much you can do.

Yea, more often than not though, its the idiot running across the road from your blindspot, or the guy hiding BEHIND your tank for cover from the enemy tank shells.

EDIT: Or god forbid one of those guys who thinks you can ride the tanks.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #3121 on: October 07, 2012, 08:41:11 pm »

EDIT: Or god forbid one of those guys who thinks you can ride the tanks.

I was in voice chat leading a platoon from a Lightning. I was rolling along with several other tanks and this Max from my squad approaches from 11 o' clock right towards my tank. I slow down but he aims RIGHT at me, and ends up getting run over.

I then, exasperated, ask him why the heck he walked into my tank treads.

His explanation? "I wanted to jump over you".

I had no response. Not one that should be spoken at least.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: October 07, 2012, 09:06:22 pm »

I've got a beta key, if someone wants in. Apparently every existing beta player got a "buddy key".
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: October 07, 2012, 09:14:33 pm »

I got instakilled by my own Magrider, which was hover-sliding down a hill. It happened when I walked towards it verrry slowly from behind (higher up the hill) in order to get back in after repairing it. I just dropped dead as I got within enter-tank range. Physics does not work that way! (This happened this morning)

It's been a long time since it first came up that they were instantly fatal to friendlies and not to enemies - I was expecting them to have taken notice by now.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: October 07, 2012, 10:09:28 pm »

Well it looks like the US server is completely full. Despite my american-ness I'm seriously considering moving to the EU server for the outfit this session if it keeps up. Thoughts?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: October 07, 2012, 10:13:25 pm »

Well it looks like the US server is completely full. Despite my american-ness I'm seriously considering moving to the EU server for the outfit this session if it keeps up. Thoughts?

Eh I've only been stuck on clicking play 2 min max before it finanlly lets me in.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: October 07, 2012, 10:33:08 pm »

there is a problem though...for some reason after roughly an hour of play when the servers have been full, I get disconnected and then the servers show unavailable for a while. I'm finding this annoying since it originaly kicked me off while I was in a main battle tank then later kicked me off when I was flying a fighter around...
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: October 07, 2012, 10:37:46 pm »

I've got a beta key, if someone wants in. Apparently every existing beta player got a "buddy key".
I'll take it.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: October 07, 2012, 10:45:49 pm »

...kicked me off when I was flying a fighter around...
So THAT'S what happens in the Bermuda Triangle!

I'll take it.
Sending.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3129 on: October 07, 2012, 11:16:10 pm »

I get tons of stupid infantry running directly into me while driving a tank. One time in a heavy firefight I was in a vanguard being rocketed by several guys and maneuvering around firing back on them, and here comes a light assault running straight for me. I stopped as he got to me to prevent running him over as he went by since I was already getting warnings for hitting teammates (mostly from idiots like him), but instead of running by he hops up on top of my tank and starts firing at one of the guys shooting rockets at me (completely ineffectually, fired a whole clip and didn't kill the guy). Rather than get killed by incoming rockets I just backed up into cover, which killed him. Then he has the audacity to complain about me running him over. His and others' idiocy was the reason I got weapon locked that day.

On the plus side, my vanguard survived to continue killing for several more hours before the weapon lock, and I never did actually lose it - just gave it to another guy since I could no longer fire its' guns.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: October 08, 2012, 12:15:09 am »

Tell me there is a way to turn off mouse control when flying...
I hate flying with the mouse...
I don't have a Joystick I just want to use a STABLE control system for it, I keep having to move my mouse off the desk just to pull up some times...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: October 08, 2012, 12:47:23 am »

but instead of running by he hops up on top of my tank and starts firing at one of the guys shooting rockets at me (completely ineffectually, fired a whole clip and didn't kill the guy). Rather than get killed by incoming rockets I just backed up into cover, which killed him. Then he has the audacity to complain about me running him over.

They just started a new invite wave (at the same time they reduced it to two servers, because they want to know how it goes when the servers are maxed out all the time, apparently). Ask yourself if jumping up on a tank sounds sensible. It sounds sensible to me! Hell, I'd expect to be able to jump on top of one and run across it and jump off, or jump on top of one that's driving towards me, and then jump off again.

So I ask is it really that people are really "being stupid," or is it that people are doing something entirely sensible and the game is penalizing them and especially you for it (until they either become paranoid about going anywhere near friendly vehicles, or until you quit driving vehicles or quit the game out of frustration)?

To top it off, in addition to new players having to learn counterintuitive things like "You mean I can't walk behind or near a tank while it rolls forward without being anywhere close to touching me, and I can't stand on it or walk on it or crouch on it either? What. I won't magically go splat because I'm sitting on a tank in real life." they also have NO PENALTY for it themselves.

It may even be argued that at this point it is your duty* to deliberately throw yourself onto tanks in order to demonstrate the flaws in the system before it gets out of beta.

* in the hope that it will actually get fixed. But so far the only result when someone whines on Twitter has been Smedley tweeting that he is "sending help."
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: October 08, 2012, 12:54:07 am »

Invite the new guys to Navy Seal Training.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: October 08, 2012, 01:09:24 am »

Do you guys have any tips on how to deal with curb-stomp battles? What little time I got to try the game out ended up with me getting on the wrong end of 3 Vanu tank platoons.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: October 08, 2012, 01:10:23 am »

Rashkhan in US server.
Rashkonn in EU Server.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 826