Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1085012 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3720 on: November 04, 2012, 06:30:48 pm »

Amerish would have been better if it was really really dense jungle, that would have been great. Imagine, oceans of terrifying brush, a sniper's playground, with mountain bases like islands above the horror.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: November 04, 2012, 06:44:00 pm »

Amerish would have been better if it was really really dense jungle, that would have been great. Imagine, oceans of terrifying brush, a sniper's playground, with mountain bases like islands above the horror.

Yeah. I was playing and I was thinking 'this would be a lot funner if it were the 'Nam instead of Africa.'
Nothing important here, move along.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: November 04, 2012, 07:33:37 pm »

I'm actually playing on the east coast server, I had tried Thebe when I first started playing but it was extremely laggy... But I'm pretty sure that was just due to one of the series of bugs at the time. I'll give it another try when the server goes live though. I'm not sure if I'll switch from TR or not though, I find it to be a fun faction and I'm already pretty familiar with the weaponry.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: November 04, 2012, 08:03:57 pm »

And there is me, wanting to get into the USwest NC outfit, there is one right? Name is tureth

I am not good with close-up combat due to low framerate and a incapability of aiming at the person...

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3724 on: November 04, 2012, 09:46:34 pm »

I'm kinda bummed about the resist shield being nerfed. It allowed me to stand up to a direct tank hit and keep on going long enough to get another rocket off, now it just slows you down more and makes you easier to one shot. It helps you take indirect hits, but a direct shot still kills you.

-edit- I just had a big WTF moment. Fighting at Tawrich, I was heavy assault on the ground. There was a vanguard, a magrider, and a lightning there (I'm NC). I got behind the lightning and fired of my remaining rockets, killing the lightning. The vanguard and magrider were firing at each other, and as I had no more rockets I hopped inside the vanguard's turret and started shooting the magrider. The vanguard driver stops WHILE BEING FIRED UPON to lock his vehicle and boot me out of the turret, then dies to the magrider. The magrider shoots me and then rides off in flames with a tiny sliver of health. I was so bewildered I asked the vanguard driver why he booted me out, and he said he was in a squad and wanted a squad gunner. As if that somehow explained how me helping him kill the magrider would have been a bad thing.

A few minutes later I hopped in another vanguard driven by a different guy ALSO while it was being fired upon by a magrider, and the driver did the same exact thing. This time he didn't die because of it, but is having a gunner to help during a fight such a bad thing? I'll just assume that was the previous driver's squad gunner and they're both in the same outfit, as the idea that this level of idiocy pervades the general gaming populace is just too frightening to believe.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:07:34 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: November 04, 2012, 10:18:42 pm »

That kind of idiocy can be pretty common. Thankfully, I wouldn't call it pervasive, but you'll see a lot of people do stupid shit in the name of some misguided system.

Keep in mind how stupid people are in real life, now add the fact that the game is a hundred times more forgiving.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: November 04, 2012, 10:58:26 pm »

I just noticed they updated some of the cert descriptions. I was planning on certing into MAX upgrades when the game launches, specifically with the armor that gives damage reduction to infantry weapons. The new description however is making me reconsider, because at full upgrade it's a mere 10% damage reduction... Which really doesn't seem worth investing 600+ certs into. I wonder if the flak armor would be of worth- 25% damage reduction to explosives seems considerable, and it's cheaper overall. Obviously explosive damage isn't as common as infantry gunfire, but seeing as a lot large-scale close-quarters battles ends up being rocket/grenade spam, it seems like a viable option. Still, any damage reduction at all to bullets seems nice. The heavy's shield simply isn't cutting it for me with the recent update and I'm trying to find a more viable option for playing a tanky type.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: November 04, 2012, 11:04:28 pm »

Nanoweave armor for soldiers certs up to 25%, I wonder why MAX armor only goes up to 10%.

As for flak armor, I bet you could piss off people like me who deal with MAXes with a rocket to the face.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: November 05, 2012, 03:31:21 am »

Not just a sniper's playground either but for light assault also. I love sitting in trees even if the collision can be a bit temperamental.

I've asked before without much feedback but does anyone have advice for spending certs in light assault. What do you all think of the different armour upgrades and weapons?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3729 on: November 05, 2012, 07:09:55 am »

Ugh. The forcefields over spawning room doors in some of the outposts need to be one-way. Allowing people to dance in and out of the forcefield to fire with little to no danger is annoying. Maybe a timer or something? Or you slow down while moving through it. Its there to keep people from spawn camping I thought, not to give you complete invulnerability while shooting out.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: November 05, 2012, 07:33:02 am »

Same thing. Allowing them to shoot out is the least they can do. If you're "defending" an overrun base, at least you can round up some kills by shooting nitwits who stand in front of the exits... Splash damage goes through, though, I believe, so you can blow up people just inside the field who think they're safe :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3731 on: November 05, 2012, 08:07:03 am »

Same thing. Allowing them to shoot out is the least they can do. If you're "defending" an overrun base, at least you can round up some kills by shooting nitwits who stand in front of the exits... Splash damage goes through, though, I believe, so you can blow up people just inside the field who think they're safe :)
I don't think that is the case any more. I used a grenade, a few rockets, and even saw a lightning unload all 6 rounds on a field and the guy inside was just standing there firing out as if nothing were happening.

Doesn't matter much though, I just left and attacked elsewhere. It would be nice though if there were some way to disable those spawn rooms.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: November 05, 2012, 08:45:33 am »

Sometimes there is. Now you just need to stand around the corner, which gives them just a slight chance to escape, which keeps it fun.

I'm liking the Amerish base flows, by the way. Gatehouses, constriction points, different generator types... Pretty cool.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: November 05, 2012, 10:10:48 am »

So I recently saw one of the TR air raids, didn't get the start of when the large group of galaxies showed up within view range, but it should be the gist of it, also shows the skyguard in the latest patch.
http://youtu.be/lUviZ8Aw6wk
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: November 05, 2012, 02:58:57 pm »

Not just a sniper's playground either but for light assault also. I love sitting in trees even if the collision can be a bit temperamental.

I've asked before without much feedback but does anyone have advice for spending certs in light assault. What do you all think of the different armour upgrades and weapons?

Nanoweave armour is basically all you need + get at least 2 ranks of the universal cert: pitcher (the one that makes you throw fast) besides that try and get the laser for the carbine for some better spraying and a scope for shooting when you're not noticed, silencer is optional, but I keep it off for range. I always keep the flashlight on my pistol (you never know) and I would strive towards C4 or the underbarrel grenade launcher. That's a fast, heavy hitting build, I also occasionally put points into my jetpack, but it's unnecessary.

EDIT: I hear some people like the drifter jetpack, but I find the normal pack to be better because you can reach more places.

EDITEDIT: Later on you may wish to for-go Nanoweave for the grenade belt and upgrade your carbine, although It seem different carbines don't have differing stats really
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:03:11 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 826