Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089451 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3840 on: November 11, 2012, 11:50:51 pm »

I've been trying to use the "forgot password" option, but it keeps on telling me I have used it in the past 24 hours. And I haven't twice.... Wth.

I got off the phone with soe support, they said it is because I was using chrome. Try logging into the site using IE or firefox and that should refresh the token and allow you to change your password if you need to. I was able to reset my password and log into PS2 last night for a few minutes before I had to go.

Also make sure you are not using a secure browser like firefox in incognito mode.

The thing is, I do use firefox. And I don't use incognito mode. Doesn't work with IE either.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3841 on: November 12, 2012, 01:16:22 am »

Just got around to playing with some of the new changes.

Possible certs on guns changed around. The GD-22 was stealth nerfed again - now it doesn't get any bullet upgrades, where the SAW now has high velocity rounds and the EM1 now has soft point. So the GD-22 sucks even more, and the EM1 gets soft point instead of high velocity (which is OK by me, yay damage). It also lost some of the certs like the extended magazine and compensator, but gained the forward grip so I guess that probably makes up for the loss of the compensator. Down to 100 round max now though, so no more extended firing sessions without reloading.

The change to the heavy AA rockets makes them useless at the one thing they are intended for - shooting down planes. Before it was two rockets for a fighter kill, now it takes three. Was hard enough to land two rockets with all the flares, good luck landing three. And they're nigh useless against libs and galaxies, a full ammo loadout probably wouldn't bring down a lib now. So what are AA rocket launchers for now, exactly? I guess they're probably still good for sniping infantry, I haven't tried to see if they still one shot people.

The MASSIVE increase in cert costs for some things is a bit crummy too imo. Have you seen the price of the "sidegrade" guns now? Daaaang.

-edit- Holy cow, I made a new char to see the costs of stuff I already bought. 725 certs for the EM1. 725 certs for burster maxes and skyguards too, which is going to mean that planes are going to dominate for a long time until people can afford the cert cost, or pay $7 each for them. The final level of nanoweave armor was jacked up to 500 too, which I guess will function as a small health bonus to people who have played longer. C4 is 100 and 250 now too, so that won't be a cheap toy anymore either. I'm significantly less excited about release now. Guess they want to ensure that people are spending money on the game, but the costs seem a wee bit high to me.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:29:40 am by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: November 12, 2012, 02:44:06 am »

Personally I haven't played in a long time, and one reason was that the costs have been incredibly high ever since they disabled the automatic offline cert gain, and it seems like it got even worse when they got rid of auraxium.

The other was that almost no unlockables were actually sidegrades, they all enhanced your abilities in some way; many of the unlockable weapons were superior, anyone unlocking stuff had a significant advantage and the fact that there was no way to get up to where you could compete with them in a couple days made gameplay feel pointless.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 02:46:21 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: November 12, 2012, 03:51:42 am »

To compare: in TF2 the "vanilla" weapons everyone starts with are actual sidegrades, and often better than the more situational weapons you can unlock. Was hoping to see that here, too.

So what are AA rocket launchers for now, exactly? I guess they're probably still good for sniping infantry, I haven't tried to see if they still one shot people.

Yep, still works. Love sniping snipers on top of a ridge with a direct hit. Don't know if it works on a full-health shielded HA, but every other class it works. What I would like is an Anti-Infantry rocketlauncher with a lot of splash damage. An anti-zerg weapon.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3844 on: November 12, 2012, 04:12:08 am »

Here's some more keys:
ZNGATR2N66HP4MT9DK2N
743DDCX3MDTAFTF7AM34
3HE9EHRE9NM742FZ37CR
NNM42699FZX739ZNTJ4Z
CTAPC3HME44JK6CZPR27

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: November 12, 2012, 07:32:45 am »

What he said:
344TH3EXH6TFDT7EKTGK
HH4A3RFT4GG3C7T7A6FH
AT6ZMX9DT47MAGMR3K9K
AXD32EKNENXK447XDGJC
H2MNAE6PDRFP4JMPGXTC

m0nster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: November 12, 2012, 09:48:03 am »

^
6RNX9E26XRCHDZ2RERAX
PMP9AE36DZJRZJ9D4KJ6
GE7C692C4ZER46KR7DGF
APTNEHAACFF6TNZJ7PTA
4NECPRPMRJAGARAPDTC9

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: November 12, 2012, 10:24:14 am »

Personally I haven't played in a long time, and one reason was that the costs have been incredibly high ever since they disabled the automatic offline cert gain, and it seems like it got even worse when they got rid of auraxium.

The other was that almost no unlockables were actually sidegrades, they all enhanced your abilities in some way; many of the unlockable weapons were superior, anyone unlocking stuff had a significant advantage and the fact that there was no way to get up to where you could compete with them in a couple days made gameplay feel pointless.

Yea, in this game the "sidegrades" are big upgrades in almost every case.

Rocket pods for fighters - replaces extra afterburner, massive upgrade in damage compared to basic gun (which you still carry with it). Skyguard - the only AA available for tanks. The EM1 LMG - more DPS than the base SAW (same comparison can be made for all classes' default guns and one of their upgrades if I'm not mistaken). The Burster for the MAX - only good AA for infantry. The guns for the liberator - required purchase to make the liberator an actual bomber instead of a laughable machine gun ship.

In a few cases the guns really are side grades, like the lock on rocket launchers are just added functionality and you can do just as good with the dumbfire one. Shotguns are understandable as unlockables, since they aren't necessary - they're a niche weapon that gives you more stopping power up close at a cost of reduced long range effectiveness. But where is the trade off when your upgraded gun is just better at the same things the base one does, or like rocket pods where it's just a massive damage boost with the only downside being slightly less afterburner?
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: November 12, 2012, 12:18:14 pm »

I just got the beta key for the game. Out of curiosity, what is the most populated US server?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: November 12, 2012, 12:33:33 pm »

We are all on thebe.

Did they seriously crank up certs that much?
Uuugh. Gonna have to play alot when this comes out to keep up.

If anybody wants some keys, PM me.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: November 12, 2012, 01:02:17 pm »

Alright, made my character, how do i get invited to the outfit or whatever you guys have set up?

Name is Carcanken1.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: November 12, 2012, 01:19:47 pm »

Im having trouble installing it. It starts fine, but after about 40 mb, it gives an error message with something about a bad stream. I'll try to get a copy of the message if I can. Anyone else having this problem/ have a solution?

edit: here it is

Unable to download Bad stream in
http://pls.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/code4344/code4344.sha.zs/ad/981/b85caf2c9f1313358bd6f46b2f5e5dc4d17?cb=JD
(link doesn't go anywhere, I don't think)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:22:28 pm by coolio678 »
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: November 12, 2012, 01:37:02 pm »

We are all on thebe.

Did they seriously crank up certs that much?
Uuugh. Gonna have to play alot when this comes out to keep up.

If anybody wants some keys, PM me.

I guess they want people to pay the $7 for each of the different weapons. Seems like almost every unlockable weapon is $7 now. Could easily drop a few hundred bucks on this game at those prices - especially if you play multiple characters, which I guess is what they're hoping for. I just hope they don't do what Tribes Ascend did and start putting in overpowered guns every few months to get people that pay money an advantage.

-edit- Hah, that was epic. I ran way behind enemy lines where a bunch of prowlers (like 8 or so) were on a hill bombarding NC across the way. With the rockets I had I killed two prowlers, then I went on to kill two burster MAXs and several snipers and engineers. Then I found an ammo pack, right smack in the middle of the TR - can you use enemy ammo packs? I killed an engineer and a sniper and loaded up on rockets from the ammo pack, then went on to kill another two prowlers before a third spotted and chased me down when I was out of rockets again. Not sure if it was an enemy ammo pack or if a random NC engineer had ran by, dropped the pack, and died - but it was timely. I went back and killed another two prowlers and another burster MAX and some more engineers before one of them spotted me and shot me. The tanks were so focused on bombarding the hill ahead of them they didn't even notice the heavy shooting rockets into their backs until it was too late.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 02:18:58 pm by Paul »

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: November 12, 2012, 05:29:41 pm »

Some of these cert prices seem ridiculous.

750 certs for rockets? Thats insane!

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: November 12, 2012, 05:37:46 pm »

Or 1875 kills wich, you know would take a little while.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 826