Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089834 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3855 on: November 12, 2012, 08:30:57 pm »

I hope VR comes back so we can test these things before we buy them.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3856 on: November 12, 2012, 09:32:47 pm »

I hope they at least let us see what attachments go with what before we buy them. Spending so many certs on something then realizing they gave it shitty attachments would suck.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: November 12, 2012, 10:47:20 pm »

Or 1875 kills wich, you know would take a little while.

Hahaha, I'm just going to keep not playing then.

Apparently they think it's fine because
Quote from: John Smedley ‏on twitter
I've had as high as 10,000 XP in an hour.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: November 12, 2012, 10:52:02 pm »

That... sounds like bullshit.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: November 12, 2012, 11:14:37 pm »

Since I didn't include a link in my post, this is the tweet: https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/267723107622600704
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: November 13, 2012, 12:10:36 am »

Not bullshit, but not entirely honest either. I've done it in biodome fights as a Combat Medic with a Mauler, maxed medgun, revive grenades, and maxed grenade bandolier. I've seen other members of my outfit do it with Jackhammer HA builds, Liberator teams, and Sundy/Engi runs as well.

The real problem that he's not addressing is that that's only a likely scenario after spending loads of certs on a specialized build. New players will not be getting anywhere near 10k an hour.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: November 13, 2012, 01:29:36 am »

I wish they'd focus on territory control as a bigger source of experience gain over basic kills. It would open up more opportunity for group strategy to be rewarded even outside of the basic outfits/squads, and it would also allow them to increase the max health of infantry units without having to worry about reducing people's experience gain... Though they'll probably never significantly increase the TTK on infantry, I can wish at least.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: November 13, 2012, 01:58:05 am »

New players will not be getting anywhere near 10k an hour.
I can relate to that. Primary cause: Death on repeat.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: November 13, 2012, 02:35:03 am »

I wish they'd focus on territory control as a bigger source of experience gain over basic kills. It would open up more opportunity for group strategy to be rewarded even outside of the basic outfits/squads, and it would also allow them to increase the max health of infantry units without having to worry about reducing people's experience gain... Though they'll probably never significantly increase the TTK on infantry, I can wish at least.
I thought they were what with increased XP from base defence and such.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3864 on: November 13, 2012, 03:06:04 am »

I thought they were what with increased XP from base defence and such.
They made a move toward it with the recent changes but it's still not as big of an impact as I'd like, and the recent cert cost increases were also meant to be due to those changes which was just plain a bad decision I think. In my ideal scenario taking the average facility would net maybe 5-10 cert points for the territory flip, while something major like the crown could be up to 50. I realize that sounds pretty high if you consider people are going to be playing for years to come, but with the current cert costs and the sheer variety of stuff to purchase and upgrade, it seems reasonable to me.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3865 on: November 13, 2012, 03:53:08 am »

I've not played since the last update because of work so I'm holding my judgement. I hope claiming and defending a base reaps at least as much XP as assaulting and taking new bases.

Edit to add: The new costs do sound pretty steep.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: November 13, 2012, 03:56:45 am »

You also get increased XP from killstreaks. Which are awesome.

Personally, I'd like to see even less facility-flip XP, and more kill XP.
Because waiting for a facility to flip is boring, and killing other people is fun. When I'm defending against a zerg, and kill more of them than they kill us, even though they are winning the facility, I like rewards as well. Too often my teammates stop defending once it's (in their opinion) a lost cause, instead of pushing just that little bit extra. It's more fun for the other side as well.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: November 13, 2012, 05:30:51 am »

Is there any way to swap yaw and roll controls for aircraft? The current control scheme is rather unintuitive and makes it a lot more difficult for me to aim during flight.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: November 13, 2012, 07:11:23 am »

Is there any way to swap yaw and roll controls for aircraft? The current control scheme is rather unintuitive and makes it a lot more difficult for me to aim during flight.
i know wuat you mean. took me a while of flying around in first a gal for basic flight (getting out of warpgate with a few greverreavers was good avoidance practice.) I moved onto the Lib and practiced moving around at lower altitudes with the smaller aircraft. finally I am flying around in reavers taking down novice flyers. doubt I could dogfight well though but I can easily get onto the tails of some. damn scythes though with thier on a dime turning. cant turn fast enough to get a good bead on them...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3869 on: November 13, 2012, 12:40:04 pm »

Only 3 days of the beta left. If you want to grab the alpha squad package now would be the time.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 826