Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084996 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4140 on: November 23, 2012, 03:19:12 am »

Finally downloaded, managed to play a full 10 minutes before crashing again. Glad to see that feature is still in  :-\

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4141 on: November 23, 2012, 05:23:53 am »

This game feels like a bad marriage.  What used to be fun foibles are becoming rage inducing, and playing for the short periods of fun is no longer enjoyable.  I'm starting to hate this fucking game.  Spending my time fighting for revive and heal XP so I can buy a decent gun, only to spend my time getting shot by people I never saw doesn't strike me as a fun game, or even a game at all.

Engineer is actually a safer class to earn Certs in, if less consistent. Just go to a low-key base that your side has taken recently and run around repairing turrets, generators, and consoles. You get about 150 experience for each one you repair, and turrets get destroyed pretty easily. Their guns are also pretty nice. If you're part of taking a base, destroy as much as you can. Amp bases are potential XP banks because they have so many turrets and generators.

Also, remember that you get about 1 free Cert per hour (Or something close to that - There's no official word on how much). If you earn 50 Certs a day from experience, It'll only take you about two weeks to get a thousand Certs.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: November 23, 2012, 05:55:53 am »

Other then the passive Cert boosts I have from Membership and such. I started on the AU server. Already have over 600 certs saved/spent in under 2 days. Currently at around 91st on the server. Dont know if its Nation only though...

Currently saving certs for second point in Light Assult C4 so I can carry some more for getting rid of those Tanks that I have been flanking around/over and thus having to ignore due to the fact that one does not cut it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4143 on: November 23, 2012, 06:10:49 am »

Engineer is actually a safer class to earn Certs in, if less consistent.
Heck, if you find a MAX or two and keep dropping ammo supplies under them while they're blasting away you'll get a bunch of XP just from that, more if they get damaged and you repair them.

I did this with two AA MAX who were defending a tower, got over 800 xp just from the ammo I was dropping.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: November 23, 2012, 06:39:45 am »

Engi, eh? I just took part in a ridiculously long stalemate on the AU server, on account of the entire NC and TR fighting over a biolab in the north of Esamir. Heck, if you go now, it may still be on! For my cert gaining purposes, I tend to go infiltrator and just snipe people in the back, and run. Hey, it gets me kills, i'm not complaining.

I'm and NC btw :D
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: November 23, 2012, 06:51:05 am »

Well, I can tell one way to not have any fun, and that is farming for cert-points, if you do that you will never enjoy the game, just do what you want to, the default guns are my favs, This is not a game you can play to win. You just have to have fun.

I used to be TR, but so many ppl + friends play NC I was forced to change, as for Vanu they should all die, infact TR and NC should take a saturday to team up and crush them for their petty insolence.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: November 23, 2012, 07:31:07 am »

Well, I can tell one way to not have any fun, and that is farming for cert-points, if you do that you will never enjoy the game, just do what you want to, the default guns are my favs, This is not a game you can play to win. You just have to have fun.

I used to be TR, but so many ppl + friends play NC I was forced to change, as for Vanu they should all die, infact TR and NC should take a saturday to team up and crush them for their petty insolence.

I was going to say pretty much all of this (except the TR bit). Right now what I'm hearing is "I'm gameing the game, why is it not fun?". It's like people who purposefuly utilize exploits, then complain how the exploits ruin the fun of the game. The cert points are designed so all play styles will gain xp/certs, not so that you can carefully calcutlate maximum cert intake/hour and carefully craft a 20 stage plan to increase point growth.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: November 23, 2012, 08:04:01 am »

Lol, I can imagine that.

Enclave board meeting.

"Gentlemen, we're here to discuss the 3rd Certification-point quarter. Don Reynolds will open."

"The statistics show we're gaining 3.7% less certs than last quarter..."

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: November 23, 2012, 08:25:49 am »

Engi, eh? I just took part in a ridiculously long stalemate on the AU server, on account of the entire NC and TR fighting over a biolab in the north of Esamir. Heck, if you go now, it may still be on! For my cert gaining purposes, I tend to go infiltrator and just snipe people in the back, and run. Hey, it gets me kills, i'm not complaining.

I'm and NC btw :D
Yo Ansontan mate, IGN? I am AUSGrizzly02 on the AU servers...

On the note of gaining Certs...

If anyone is actually interested, I could expand on how one could go about gaining Certs while still having fun...
Basicly as Engie/Light Assault/Heavy Assault that is... I did a quick one on Medic, and I suck as an Infiltrator. For Infiltrator all I know is that if you are not making a hit with each shot, be it a kill or a body shot, move onto something else or such cause you are really wasting your own time. Getting a Body Shot each time you shoot means that you always have a chance on getting Kill Assist Exp, while Miss shots will get you nothing...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: November 23, 2012, 09:26:38 am »

I'll give it another chance.  I do occasionally have fun.  I airdropped onto Freyr amp station once and then jumped off a ledge to knife an unsuspecting TR infiltrator, which was pretty sweet.  Occasionally I'll get a four or five kill streak which is pretty sweet.

It's just sometimes I can't do shit and I die every time to people I never saw.  Also some of the vehicle controls don't make sense.  How do you deploy your sunderer?  I've been pressing b but nothing happens. 

Also also, making a2a missiles unlockable is a horrible design decision.  The gun differences are one thing, since all guns do essentially the same thing, but giving some players homing missiles while the rest have cannons is ridiculous.
Shoes...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: November 23, 2012, 09:28:48 am »

It's just sometimes I can't do shit and I die every time to people I never saw.  Also some of the vehicle controls don't make sense.  How do you deploy your sunderer?  I've been pressing b but nothing happens. 
Did you have the utility unlocked and installed? Of course that costs certs ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4151 on: November 23, 2012, 09:28:48 am »

How do you deploy your sunderer?  I've been pressing b but nothing happens. 
Did you buy the deployment AMS cert for the sunderer? By default the sunderer is simply a transport, but if you equip a mobile AMS then it becomes a spawn point/equipment terminal.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: November 23, 2012, 10:13:01 am »

what?!  That's bullshit.
Shoes...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4153 on: November 23, 2012, 10:19:05 am »

what?!  That's bullshit.
Its bullshit that you have to certify to use equipment in a vehicle? Like every other piece of equipment in the game?

It costs 50 certs. Its incredibly cheap. You can get it in like an hour of good play. I bought it just because I had a few extra certs and its useful.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: November 23, 2012, 10:58:23 am »

I think that it's pretty logical. Sundies would be OP if they could always spawn people. IIRC, there is a cert that allows you to go trough shields, so you could effectively get 10 people and 2 turrets (that could be those explosive turrets) into the middle of an amp station, to destroy the sundie in there and give your faction a huge advantage.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 826