Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084908 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4155 on: November 23, 2012, 11:03:39 am »

Why is everyone so uppity about time commitment to the MMO? WoW makes you play for a month before you can ride a friggin' horse, whereas I can earn a minor upgrade each day with only a few hours of play (plus yesterdays offline cert gain), or a large upgrade in a week of play probably.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4156 on: November 23, 2012, 11:04:58 am »

Why is everyone so uppity about time commitment to the MMO? WoW makes you play for a month before you can ride a friggin' horse, whereas I can earn a minor upgrade each day with only a few hours of play (plus yesterdays offline cert gain), or a large upgrade in a week of play probably.
Minor nitpick: You can ride a horse at level 20 now iirc, which is attainable in a few hours of good play.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: November 23, 2012, 11:06:00 am »

I'm on as MrMiauw, NC, Mattherson, add me.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4158 on: November 23, 2012, 11:10:52 am »

I plays on waterson or whatever its called.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: November 23, 2012, 11:16:56 am »

Minor nitpick: You can ride a horse at level 20 now iirc, which is attainable in a few hours of good play.

Level 20?? in a few hours?! Back in my day it took weeks to get to level 20, and you were only halfway to a horse then. And we had to walk uphill both ways, in the blowing snow, to get to Ironforge

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4160 on: November 23, 2012, 11:18:46 am »

Level 20?? in a few hours?! Back in my day it took weeks to get to level 20, and you were only halfway to a horse then. And we had to walk uphill both ways, in the blowing snow, to get to Ironforge
Well... Ironforge is still uphill through snow, but only one way. But yes you could likely get to level 20 in 6-8 hours if you did nothing but quest and grind. Only took me about a day to do it, and I was goofing off and crafting last time I played.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: November 23, 2012, 11:22:29 am »

Well... Ironforge is still uphill through snow, but only one way. But yes you could likely get to level 20 in 6-8 hours if you did nothing but quest and grind. Only took me about a day to do it, and I was goofing off and crafting last time I played.

Kids these days just get everything handed to them. PAH!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4162 on: November 23, 2012, 11:23:42 am »

Kids these days just get everything handed to them. PAH!
Did I mention you get all of your demons right away (level 10 or so I think) now as a warlock? o.o

Back on topic: Is the VS lock-on AA launcher worth taking? I heard the range is kinda crap, but have not used it myself.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: November 23, 2012, 11:24:50 am »

I did the full Warlock epic mount quest, back when no one ever did Diremaul.  It took months, months, months, and hundreds of gold to do that god damned quest.

And then a couple months later they start giving the epic mounts away. Fuck that.
Shoes...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4164 on: November 23, 2012, 11:32:05 am »

I did the full Warlock epic mount quest, back when no one ever did Diremaul.  It took months, months, months, and hundreds of gold to do that god damned quest.

And then a couple months later they start giving the epic mounts away. Fuck that.
I feel your pain. I had just gone through the PITA quest to get mine when they suddenly announced that "Hey guys you can now buy the mount like a paladin!"

well screw you Mr. Game!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: November 23, 2012, 11:36:21 am »

Okay I created a form that feeds into a google doc for us to share information. Click Here

Here is the tabulated results, it is protected but available for viewing without signing into google. Click Here

Just repeating this here so it's easier to find.

Also, could my server be changed to matherson and my name to MrMiauw?

E:
I just remebered what i came for to this thread:
To rage about disconnects.

I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU AFK-KICK ME FROM THE SERVER, BUT DOES THAT MEAN YOU HAVE TO SHUT DOWN THE ENTIRE CLIENT?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:38:19 am by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: November 23, 2012, 11:40:56 am »

We need an outfit! I even bought a mic to transmit broken english in all frequencies!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: November 23, 2012, 11:41:45 am »

Server? Faction? IGN?
We could jump in a squad together, for now.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: November 23, 2012, 11:47:56 am »

Server? Faction? IGN?
We could jump in a squad together, for now.
Im working right now, but my mind its flying a reaver, dont tell my boss.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: November 23, 2012, 11:50:18 am »

Matherson, NC, someone get a TS, create an outfit.

If y'all want, im BaronScoopzy, won't be able to be on for a few days, but whatevs.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 826