Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089409 times)

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4170 on: November 23, 2012, 12:44:39 pm »

I'm on Matherson NC fighting for freedom with Higby's Heroes.  I'd advise getting in a group with voicechat and not caring about unlocks.  Fighter rocket pods and the AT liberator gun are the only currently imbalanced ones (and are only imbalanced in that the default equips are underpowered).

If you treat it as a game about leveling up and getting loot like WoW you'll be bored out of your mind.  If you treat it as a game about fighting an internet war against aliens and space Nazis and killing internet mans with your internet bros you'll have a good time.  In the end, there's nothing more OP than numbers and coordination.

\/\/\/ Yeah it's open to all players, but they haven't posted the PS2 forum thread and the OP is behind the paywall right now.  Get yourself in mumble (with your character name) at
psgoons1.murmur.nfoservers.com
You'll find a channel for waiting for outfit invites.  The only rules are no whining and that newbies shouldn't give orders.  PS2 accepts alt + tabbing so you can use that to manage mumble.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 01:45:58 pm by Microcline »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4171 on: November 23, 2012, 12:49:18 pm »

Welp this is epic fun...
Joinned the AU Server...
Was there when we Captured Indar, in fact was part of the Platoon keeping the VS busy while all their excess land was taken and the TR were taken over...

Got into the Max Today... Hehehehehhehehehehehehhehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehhehehe....

I enjoyed myself...
Though spamming my Shotguns is getting annoying, I ain't playing Diablo here damn it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: November 23, 2012, 12:57:19 pm »

The thread title should really be changed, now that the game's been out for several days.

I'm getting on in a few minutes. See if my computer can handle it yet.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: November 23, 2012, 01:05:43 pm »

Bizzlord is nowhere to be seen, sadly.

E: And i'll try to join Higby's Heroes. I'm craving for some organized assault now. I've mainly been running around armor columns reviving people.

E2: Do you need a Something Awful account for Highby's Heroes?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 01:19:02 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: November 23, 2012, 01:28:16 pm »

So, Can I run It can go fuck itself, turns out I can play it. CogAnrizkalur, NC on Matherson.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: November 23, 2012, 01:35:31 pm »

God I wish we could do custom skins, imagine a flotilla of reavers and thunderers (or whatever the fuck our tanks are called) with noses/fronts painted like screaming dwarves
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #4176 on: November 23, 2012, 01:35:52 pm »

They changed the config files around so that AA is enforced (for now). Until I can remove AA, I'm not going to play an FPS with 15fps :( Sorry guys. If you set up an EU outfit I'll be glad to join eventually, when I can run this.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4177 on: November 23, 2012, 01:36:22 pm »

God I wish we could do custom skins, imagine a flotilla of reavers and thunderers (or whatever the fuck our tanks are called) with noses/fronts painted like screaming dwarves
Yeah but the instant they allow it people will figure out how to make 'transparent' skins and be invisible.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: November 23, 2012, 01:46:19 pm »

They changed the config files around so that AA is enforced (for now). Until I can remove AA, I'm not going to play an FPS with 15fps :( Sorry guys. If you set up an EU outfit I'll be glad to join eventually, when I can run this.

What do you mean by AA?
I'm pretty sure this can't be Anti-Air, and i'm curious D:

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: November 23, 2012, 01:48:06 pm »

Okay turns out I can't play it. It runs, but my framerate is nearly non-existent in any sort of combat zone. So fuck. I belive it is Anti-Aliasing
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4180 on: November 23, 2012, 01:52:14 pm »

What do you mean by AA?
I'm pretty sure this can't be Anti-Air, and i'm curious D:
Probably Anti-Aliasing

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: November 23, 2012, 01:59:29 pm »

Alright fuck planes.

I tried to fly a galaxy, but i got stuck when i tried to land on a tower.

E:
A liberator run was slightly more succesfull. I'll keep practicing i guess.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 02:04:14 pm by miauw62 »

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: November 23, 2012, 02:31:36 pm »

Ikanam Bio Lab... By the gods, it's painful to capture.

VS, TR, and the NC deadlocked for I don't know how long. Teleport rooms were horrendous deathtrap bottlenecks, with defenders whore-camping every exit. Bottom level were swarming with tanks being churned out on a neverending assembly line. The skies were filled with fighters, liberators and galaxies, all eager to swoop down and murder you and the only practical way inside left was by the aircraft platforms. Those too were on the verge of becoming bottleneck deathtraps but luckily they were not as cramped. Soon the NC starting loosing territory because all attention and manpower was funneled into the deathmachine Bio Lab, culminating in fewer available resources for the NC. Their defenses broke, generators were blown to hell and back and finally the NC surrendered the Bio lab to the VS.

And that was when the TR decided to kick down the door and move in.

They too had noticed the VS's victory hinged upon resource control, so they had been sneakingly stealing a few territories from the VS. And so, the chaos ensued, deaths were ground to a pulp and defecated upon and the raging inferno still burns.

Didn't help that the VS were underpopulated at 28% on that continent. (Which seems to be a common theme every time I log in...  :-\)
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: November 23, 2012, 03:15:46 pm »

I got to play properly for the first time. I like this game. Huge battles are very fun.

How does one get grenades? Do certain classes spawn with them? I thought I had them as a Heavy, but then I didn't.
(The wiki isn't working for me, or I'd check there.)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: November 23, 2012, 03:19:40 pm »

When you go to customize your loadout you can buy grenades with infantry resource points.  The pool is shared between all classes.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 826