Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089277 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I'm kind of annoyed by the way A2A is locked on planes.  I basically can't do anything in a mosquito because everyone else has missiles.
Shoes...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

So I played some more, this time I knew most of what was going on, infiltrators are fun, but the crosshair vibration isn't, since there's no way to reduce it, atleast none that I know of. It's still all a bit too random at times and base layout will need to be memorised.

One major gripe is the color schemes and the world map which are fucking horrible. Whoever suggested blue and purple colors like these should have their eyes gauged out, because with an LCD and somewhat poor sight the map is very very hard to read, everything just blends together, yes there are filters but those require fiddling. If I want to see where shit is needed to be shot I don't want to spend several minutes trying to learn what part of the map is most heavily contested.

This goes for AA duty too, luckily there are those little stop marks when you shoot an ally, but too often a shared craft will look the same until it gets close. Overhead markers for friend/foe or a simple blue/red scheme for friend/foe would go a long way.

Anyways, will continue delving deeper into the game, it's fun so far and besides some minor interface gripes it seems like a keeper.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

press shift to hold your breath while sniping.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

I love you.
Nothing important here, move along.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm kind of annoyed by the way A2A is locked on planes.  I basically can't do anything in a mosquito because everyone else has missiles.

Get flares.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

YOU CAN DO THAT?  My sniping can only improve with this tip.

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And in case you've remapped keybinds a lot, that is the default 'sprint' key.  It doesn't give you much time, just a couple of seconds.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah you get maybe two seconds and it can take a while to regenerate, so make sure you only use it when you're just about to fire.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

One major gripe is the color schemes and the world map which are fucking horrible. Whoever suggested blue and purple colors like these should have their eyes gauged out, because with an LCD and somewhat poor sight the map is very very hard to read, everything just blends together, yes there are filters but those require fiddling. If I want to see where shit is needed to be shot I don't want to spend several minutes trying to learn what part of the map is most heavily contested.

It seems a little obvious, but try the marked hotspots? Y'know, the large, spikey yellow and red explosion things on the map that give you a deployment option the moment you click them and change in realtime to match the action? Granted, it'll probably be a zergfest, but there's your fight.

This goes for AA duty too, luckily there are those little stop marks when you shoot an ally, but too often a shared craft will look the same until it gets close. Overhead markers for friend/foe or a simple blue/red scheme for friend/foe would go a long way.

From what I've seen (mostly in gameplay videos), those exist. You've got green for squadmates, blue for factionmates, and nothing for unspotted enemies. Spotted enemies are, predictably, red. They are a bit on the small side, but not terribly so.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

From what I've seen (mostly in gameplay videos), those exist. You've got green for squadmates, blue for factionmates, and nothing for unspotted enemies. Spotted enemies are, predictably, red. They are a bit on the small side, but not terribly so.
Those don't show up until it gets to some arbitrary distance.
And AA can shoot for quite a long distance.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

AA needs to shoot that long distance, too, if they want to do anything more than mildly irritate whoever they shoot at.
Nothing important here, move along.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well, flak mostly do mildly irritate whatever it shoots at that distance. to actually kill something you kinda need to wait until its close enough to kill you so that you hopefully can surprise the guy before he runs away

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AA needs to shoot that long distance, too, if they want to do anything more than mildly irritate whoever they shoot at.
I know.
The problem is the range that the markers show up at. But if they showed up from too far away then it'd make surprise tank attacks impossible.
I hate balance issues.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

You can manually spot distant targets, though. IIRC the default key is 'q'. As in 400m+ distances (roughly judged).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can manually spot distant targets, though. IIRC the default key is 'q'. As in 400m+ distances (roughly judged).
Still sometimes too far away. Spotting has a limited range too.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 826