Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1085026 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Yeah, silent spotting should be INF only.

And all of you complaining about scope wobble are aware that you can hold your breath while scoped, correct? I think it's LShift by default.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hold shift for 1 or 2 seconds of 0 scope wobble. It's just long enough to get two headshots on the same target, which is what it takes to kill someone with the default Vanu rifle.

It wouldn't be hard for an infiltrator to watch The Crown and call out aiming instructions to someone in the tower to the south. The tower's turrets can hit that far but it's very hard to see where the shots land. A HE equipped tank would be devastating if used like that. The biggest problem is that only the gunner gets exp.

Knife kills aren't that hard to get, I managed to kill two guys standing next to each other without being caught. Spotting targets should definitely be silent though.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

THERES A BREATH HOLDING- No wonder I'm getting shot to hell.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Same key as you have sprint bound to while zoomed. Only annoying part is there is no indication of how long you have left before you are unable to hold it any further.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

It wouldn't be hard for an infiltrator to watch The Crown and call out aiming instructions to someone in the tower to the south. The tower's turrets can hit that far but it's very hard to see where the shots land. A HE equipped tank would be devastating if used like that. The biggest problem is that only the gunner gets exp.

There is exp for spotting targets who are killed shortly thereafter, but it's minimal and doesn't kick in for a very large window of time.

3. Run Resize Enable

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

THERES A BREATH HOLDING- No wonder I'm getting shot to hell.
My thoughts
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I still feel the scope wobble could stand to be reduced.  It's pretty extreme, and it seems like you need to go super long range before regular carbines can't easily spray you down before you can fire off two shots.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can also use 'B' to switch between fire modes and, with the engineer's mana turret, transform it into a level 3 ammo pack. This gives you the ability to carry mines without a real penalty.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Yeah, the scope wobble could stand to be reduced somewhat. It's a chore to snipe moving targets even with no wobble and minimal travel time, especially in areas where there's enough action that you're running at 25FPS and enemies are lag-porting.

3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Also having bullets more visible would greatly help I feel, right now it's a lot of guessing until you can figure out what the actual velocity of the round is. Makes AA duty really annoying unless they're terrible or are strafing you, in which case you're fucked either way if you're not in something super armoured.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

With venu you can kinda see it.

Lazers.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Pewpew. With the flak, I completely agree. It's a massive pain to find the proper spacing for a given range. What would be really nice would be some sort of range indicator for spotted aircraft (and armor?) to make it a bit easier to eyeball proper lead.

3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

That too, it's nearly impossible to tell how far most of the aircraft is unless it's very close, because there aren't any reference points in the sky. Heck they can make it a cert unlock or something, rangefinder that displays the distance to target and perhaps it's velocity or something.

It's especially hard with Vanu aircraft since they move so wierdly, really hard to predict their movement so it generally boils down to spray and pray.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

You can also use 'B' to switch between fire modes and, with the engineer's mana turret, transform it into a level 3 ammo pack. This gives you the ability to carry mines without a real penalty.

One caveat to this though, it appears that the ammo pack you get from swapping from the turret is locked at the most basic level, any upgrades you have certed into for the ammo pack only function for the one you carry in your utility slot.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One caveat to this though, it appears that the ammo pack you get from swapping from the turret is locked at the most basic level, any upgrades you have certed into for the ammo pack only function for the one you carry in your utility slot.
It is different from the basic ammo pack you have, though you can't upgrade it it will stay for 3 minutes which is longer than the basic one.
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 826