Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089689 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The best changes there personally are performance and the ability to select overlay colours. XP changes are nice but I've never felt they were too slow, they just came while I played. Spawn changes are also nice, but again, never felt spawn camping was bad for me, after a few tries I'd say fuck it and move elsewhere, even if it meant giving up the fight for a sector, it could always be won back and there were always other fights to partake in :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

I'm finally catching some good sales after the triple SP day. I've got me a new gun and some composite helmets, now. :D

After using some of the high RoF weapons, I have to say that they're extremely powerful to the point of ridiculousness compared to the low RoF, high damage ones. Switching from the Gauss Compact S to the high RoF carbine is night and day. I got a K/D ratio of 11/1 last night. It was mind boggling.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After extensive testing I've come to the conclusion that slug ammo is pretty bad.

Love it for scoped long range fire but you're better off with a rifle for that I guess.
It's absolute garbage for close range what with the projectile going who knows where in the target circle, making it extremely unpredictable unless you're literally in front of your target. Should make the potential deviation for the slug a tad smaller imo, but maybe I'm just not seeing its propper use. Maybe I ought to try close ranged scoped fire, although hipfire seems a lot more practical.

Also tried vanu again, just to make sure my complaints aren't ungrounded.

That solstice LMG the heavy starts off with, such a godly gun. I can't believe how strong it is with that crazy rate of fire.

Tried the scythe as well and I finally understand why people call the reaver UP. It felt like it had the same manouvrability as my reaver with lv 2 dog fighter frame, wich is fine since it's the vanu playstyle. But it just had such superior speed without any upgrades, makes the reaver feel like a clunky flying hunk of metal. I felt the smaller size also made a really big difference in avoiding enemy fire, reaver could do with a downsize if you ask me.

Mostly though it was nice to not be outmanned 3 to 1 all the time, and actually holding some territory.

P.S. I did manage to snipe an engineer behind a mana turret almost straight after drop with little to no practice with that lmg, so it's not hard. :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:52:59 am by Jelle »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Personally I detested the Solstice and switched over to a different LMG as soon as I could.

Re: The update: Cheers! Nice to see that SOE has been paying attention. Looking at the wording about the kill exp, I think it might actually be composed of two different systems meshed together: a timer that starts at spawn giving, lower exp to anyone who kills the player before it runs out; and an exp bonus for killing people with X number of kills.

The spawn protection is also brilliant, mostly because of the 'on revive' clause, seeing the number of medics that will gleefully revive people who are then gunned down as soon as they wake up.

Underground tunnels from spawn to interiors and walls for techlabs and amp stations, also more spawn exits. I can't believe nobody else brought this up. Hopefully it'll help stop vehicles camping spawn doors.

Buff for Skyguard and AA turret aiming? YES PLEASE.

Heck, I don't think I saw a single thing that I wasn't at least mildly excited about.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

This means that infiltrators are now XP bombs tough, as snipers usually stay alive for long periods of time.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

Last I checked, the Solstice is the Vanu carbine. :P The Orion is the LMG. It's pretty good, at least in the short-mid range, but I find the SVA-88 much more versatile. Trying to go mid-long with the Orion is a daunting task for me without the 6x scope that the SVA-88 has.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Last I checked, the Solstice is the Vanu carbine. :P The Orion is the LMG. It's pretty good, at least in the short-mid range, but I find the SVA-88 much more versatile. Trying to go mid-long with the Orion is a daunting task for me without the 6x scope that the SVA-88 has.
Yes, my bad that's the one.

Anyone have experience with flash as a weapons platform? I'm trying out the fury (nade launcher) wondering if it's a worthwhile investment. Maybe with the turn speed and grip performance upgrade it could be affective weapon.
Mwaha, just killed two maxes and three infantry on said flash before a tank came around and ruined the fun. Definalty fun to play as if you have a stretch or relatively flat ground.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:11:38 pm by Jelle »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Damn it, that's right. I can never keep all the VS guns straight; they don't use sensible alphanumeric sequences!

From what I've heard, the GL flash can be deadly against armor if you flank and harass properly. Supposedly it's small enough that you can drive up under the depression arc of the Vanguard's main gun.

3. Run Resize Enable

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

I hate it when the game crashes during long recording sessions...
2 hours of outfit footage gone.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

You mean it doesn't save the film while it's filming? Wouldn't it all have to sit on the RAM until you finished, then? O.o
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

I don't know what it does. All I know is, out of 2 hours of footage, only the first 4 minutes remained. Strangely, though, it still said it was 50-60 GB large. In other words, corruption most likely.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I'm finally catching some good sales after the triple SP day. I've got me a new gun and some composite helmets, now. :D

You and I both, man.  Nothing like getting a weapon at effectively 1/6th the price- the GD-7 is head and shoulders above the default carbine.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know what's going on but I have been experiencing HORRIBLE rubberbanding on Matherson all day. My connection tests great, my system has always been great in this game. I don't get it.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I don't know what's going on but I have been experiencing HORRIBLE rubberbanding on Matherson all day. My connection tests great, my system has always been great in this game. I don't get it.

Hold on, and believe me when I say that this is of vital importance: Did you see any blue turtle shells?

3. Run Resize Enable

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hold on, and believe me when I say that this is of vital importance: Did you see any blue turtle shells?

Am I missing a meme or something?

Anyway, Higby lists some changes for the next update:

General performance increases, particularly for lower end GPUs
        Experience (XP) system enhancements:
            Dynamic XP system for player kills, players who have more kills on their current life are worth more XP. Freshly spawned players will be worth a fraction of the current kill reward.
            Partial damage XP for dealing damage to vehicles that you don't end up killing
            Population XP / Resource bonus moved over to continent population instead of global
            Better display of XP sources for things like defensive bonuses & population bonuses
            Rebalancing of XP rewards to help support tasks
        Server transfer token available in Depot
        UI changes to emphasize score per minute as a primary metric of player comparison
        Sortable columns on outfit management & addition of "last online" column
        New weapon type for all empires: SMG

Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 826