Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084892 times)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm a lazy player and seem to enjoy just parking my sunderer outside of big battles and leeching all the XP that comes with doing so (usually someone is nice enough to park an ammo sunderer next to me). If I can i'll find a spot my turrets can shoot over but my hull is protected, but lately every time I try to deploy the bloody thing it crashes on me.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm a lazy player and seem to enjoy just parking my sunderer outside of big battles and leeching all the XP that comes with doing so (usually someone is nice enough to park an ammo sunderer next to me). If I can i'll find a spot my turrets can shoot over but my hull is protected, but lately every time I try to deploy the bloody thing it crashes on me.

I think you're supposed to stop befory you deploy.
(ba-dum pshhh)

Seriously though, I should get back in to this. I was so pumped, then it finally releases and I got distracted by other things, maybe I'll drop back in soon. Glad to see we finally have an outfit!

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

An addition to the discusion a couple of days ago on the new xp mechanics in the upcoming update.

Quote from: @mhigby
Clarification on dynamic XP: it won't just be kills that increase a players XP bounty, that was a poorly worded example...
Any XP earned will add to your XP bounty, not just getting kills.

So it's not just going to be the liberator bombers and snipers who are XP bombs, but the mass reviving medics, sundy spawn drivers and resupplying engies as well.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

That is... Creative. Don't stop the XP farming but make the farmers farmable.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

It took forever, but I finally reached the 100 certs I needed to buy anti-tank mines. Now I can't wait to start throwing these things out like candy.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It took forever, but I finally reached the 100 certs I needed to buy anti-tank mines. Now I can't wait to start throwing these things out like candy.
Nope, you need to buy them at 75 infantry resources a piece first :P

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I honestly haven't had a problem with resources- I wander around for hours at a time without buying anything, and you get like 10+ a minute or so. And you can buy up a stockpile, so you could have like 700 points worth of them available at a time.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

Exactly. It's not like infantry ressources are scarce anyway.

An addition to the discusion a couple of days ago on the new xp mechanics in the upcoming update.

Clarification on dynamic XP: it won't just be kills that increase a players XP bounty, that was a poorly worded example...
Any XP earned will add to your XP bounty, not just getting kills.

So it's not just going to be the liberator bombers and snipers who are XP bombs, but the mass reviving medics, sundy spawn drivers and resupplying engies as well.
And this, people, is genius. Over time, the sundies would be worth more destroying than farming, for example. People that are in a capping spree would also be worth a TON of XP, I'm sure.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder if this will be persistent, or if you'll have people logging out, just to be jerks and reset their xp bounty.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the other hand, if you DON'T reset the bounty at some rate, then all XP that's ever put into the system will multiply.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Err, I'm pretty sure that it's reset when people die. That just makes sense.

Does sundie bounty increase when people spawn on it tough? That should probably be a thing.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would assume that it would be the XP value of the person who deployed the sunderer, not the sunderer itself. There's already a bit of this extra XP reward for killing people who have got a lot of kills in the game, in the form of XP for stopping kill streaks (and IIRC for killing more people if you are on one, but don't quote me on this one), so it's not like this is an entirely new thing, just it being a bigger factor and applying to things other than getting kills.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i hope they make it so you dont lose your xp bonus for suiciding or being teamkilled, that would suck

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope the performance patch is good enough to let me start playing this!

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile

When it says it will all be implemented by 30th January, does that mean they're going to stagger the changes throughout the month, or do them all at once?
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 826