Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089505 times)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6345 on: March 04, 2013, 11:16:56 pm »

Yeah, Flak armor is the new king. What's the point of carrying 5 mines on your Engineer if you can't take a few bulldog shots running up to it?
Also, a piece of information you may be interested in- Heavies resist shields synergise with flak armor. If you have level 5 flak and level 1 shield, that's 95% of damage negated from explosive.

Also, I'm on Reddit!

Okay I'm buying resist shield now holy hell that's awesome. Didn't know stats stacked like that. Finally I can survive those prowler HE shells. :D

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: March 05, 2013, 01:14:05 am »

I got Synergy armor up to level 4 on Heavy assault and i kinda feel it has no effect at all.
Still get 3 shot dead from other players.
I think i stick up in Engi and medic classes for now.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #6347 on: March 05, 2013, 03:48:23 am »

Fun fact, if when sniping at the enemy, you position yourself so the sun is setting behind you, it's very difficult to get sniped back. The setting sun turns the whole horizon, including you, into a foggy haze and bright glare that makes you very difficult to see clear enough for a good shot.

At least that's what I discovered in the tundra area last night...

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: March 05, 2013, 03:58:01 am »

Also, a piece of information you may be interested in- Heavies resist shields synergise with flak armor. If you have level 5 flak and level 1 shield, that's 95% of damage negated from explosive.
Just wondering if you have a source for this? I had been assuming they would multiply (appling one and then the other rather than both at once), giving 72.5% reduction for maxed out flack.

Most people I've seen speak about resist working best with nanoweave, given it doubles your effective health and so is more effective the more health you have. I'd even be tempted to run resist with nano-4/5 and medikits in biolabs for maximum effective health and rapid restore to full health. Especially now I've unlocked concussion grenades.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: March 05, 2013, 07:04:52 am »

Yeah, Flak armor is the new king. What's the point of carrying 5 mines on your Engineer if you can't take a few bulldog shots running up to it?

Also, I'm on Reddit!

Okay I'm buying resist shield now holy hell that's awesome. Didn't know stats stacked like that. Finally I can survive those prowler HE shells. :D

Just be aware that if you get hit WITH a shell, then that counts as being hit with a really big bullet, not an explosion. (Ergo, Instakill)

Just wondering if you have a source for this? I had been assuming they would multiply (appling one and then the other rather than both at once), giving 72.5% reduction for maxed out flack.

Palsch, sorry I can't give you anything but word of mouth - but I assume that the people who told me had their facts straight about it being additive, not multiplicative.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: March 05, 2013, 07:06:21 am »

-snip-
OMG I KNOW THIS GUY!!! 41st BATTALION!!!!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: March 05, 2013, 07:14:45 am »

VR is coming. And it appears they'll be "doing it right". Awesome.

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Luperza/Virtual_Reality_Training_Zone

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: March 05, 2013, 09:21:52 am »

Does all EU servers suck as Miller?
I've had hard times finding any squad that communicates with each others.
Playing on Mattherson is more enjoyable but gets really low on population during EU day times :(

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: March 05, 2013, 09:29:21 am »

If you're NC, Zukhov's platoons are always good (assuming Zukhov is actually there). I think 252nd is good as well.

But yeah, ridiculously few people taking charge.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: March 05, 2013, 11:00:59 am »

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Luperza/Virtual_Reality_Training_Zone
I'll be, so they are. It's great to see this.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: March 05, 2013, 11:16:07 am »

I'll be, so they are. It's great to see this.
Damn, this is great. No more fears of buying stuff I don't want...

Does all EU servers suck as Miller?
I've had hard times finding any squad that communicates with each others.
Playing on Mattherson is more enjoyable but gets really low on population during EU day times :(
I know, it's hard to find a squad that actually works well...
I typically look at who else is going PTFO and invite them to form a squad, then make it public (with a tag like "Stay together" or something). That usually makes it more enjoyable. (Vanu on Miller)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: March 05, 2013, 01:30:03 pm »

Palsch, sorry I can't give you anything but word of mouth - but I assume that the people who told me had their facts straight about it being additive, not multiplicative.
I just ran some tests and it certainly looks additive. Only tested with self damage from rocket splash and C4, but both showed the combined resist + flack being shockingly better combined than I would have expected. If people are interested I could try to upload a video of the tests, but it's pretty poor quality.

A rocket fired point blank at a wall exactly removes my full shield.
With flack or resist it drops you to ~8/20 bars of shield;
- definitely one tick under for flack 4 as expected
- maybe slightly over for resist but certainly doesn't seem to give the expected 45% resist though).
With both you are left with around 16 bars, or ~80% life.
IIRC (no video of this yet, but I could easily film one) firing all five rockets in sequence - without time for my shields to refill but putting up resist for each shot - left me with no shields and down 1 bar of health, suggesting each rocket was doing ~21% base damage.

Even if resist is giving the suggested 40% explosive resistance (at least on self splash) instead of 45%, you should still be at 90% resistance with flack 5 and resist shields. That's a lot of splash damage you could shrug off.

Fakedit: I went looking for this spreadsheet to confirm what resist shield was supposed to offer and turn out it is only 40% resistance to all damage anyway. So these numbers look right.

The C4 tests gave less useful numbers because I don't have a base damage rating to compare to the resistances, but comparing the damage from just flack 4 to flack 4 + resist showed a reduction of just over 10 health/shield bars, or a little over two thirds of the damage done rather than just reducing the damage done after flack by a further 40%, so it confirms that the two are not multiplicative.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: March 05, 2013, 06:16:26 pm »

So I logged some time on my NC char tonight, made some 50 Certs playing mostly solo. Either loads of kills (one especially funny is what appeared to be an afk max, I set up an engie turret behind him and throw a 'nade at his feet before riddling him full of holes). Or some awesome mines on predictable locations for loads of extreme menace kills from uncareful prowler drivers :)

Been thinking of getting the Warden maybe, any of you have any expirience with it guys?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: March 05, 2013, 06:32:09 pm »

We lost hvar today, and I (correctly) predicted they would move right over to NS secure data labs once it was capped. So I grabbed my engineer class and laid two tank mines on the road between. Like five minutes later I see +800 XP sunderer kill, +350 XP extreme menace kill, +350 extreme menace kill, and on and on to about a total of 8-10 player kills. My certs shot up from 20 to 60.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: March 06, 2013, 09:08:31 pm »

I notice there is a request for ideas for stuff for the flash. Well done and thank you for listening and changing the flash turbo back to awesome. I'd suggest allowing greater gun traverse on the Kobalt firstly. I mildly suggest increasing the horizontal field of fire slightly; maybe halfway between 270 and 90 degrees and wherever it is now. However if you are fine with that aspect of the kobalt and don't want to make it better against infantry than it is I understand.

However I think even if horizontal field of fire is left alone, that it would be cool if the vertical traverse range of the kobalt were to be much greater than it is. If you could aim the gun upwards without sitting on an incline you would add the capability to use it (mostly ineffectively) as AA against fighters. I think this would be cool; as it would increase the number of tracer streams trying to follow fighters from the ground. One of the coolest things I noticed when I obtained the old flight sim Red Baron 2 after playing RB1 in my youth was the machine gun fire from the emplacements on the ground. Being forced to maneuvor to avoid the spot they were aiming at and how cool it looked having multiple machine gunners failing to hit aeroplanes was notable. I think a kobalt flash with better vertical traverse would function more or less as a mobile emplacement and increase the visual show while still not being much more than an annoyance to a fighter; in addition it would be a stealth buff to skyguard as I imagine it appears somewhat similar and yet is not. I think this change would make allow easily obtainable and thusly mostly ineffective AA available to the people as well as increase visual stimulation should they choose to untilize it.

A roll cage in the slot stealth armor and mineguard go in would be sweet.

A one shot AV weapon would be cool; perhaps mounted in a pair if one is too strong/weak. Maybe make it equivalent to an AP tank round; but only have one round on board and unable to reload. Being able to reload it would be silly with how cheap the flash is and how quickly obtained they are. Maybe call it a recoilless rifle or something.

A flash shotgun for the NC. Maybe 2x Jackhammers.

Silly but possible ideas:

Wings for turbo gliding in the stealth armor/mineguard slot.

Sidecar.

Boat mode.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:49:05 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 826