Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089217 times)

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6405 on: March 09, 2013, 01:44:34 pm »

I think the differences for vanu between the rifles tend to be in the damage output vs speed of projectiles vs reload times, since they don't have bullet drop.

Where does this come from? I see lots of people proclaiming this. But last time I checked, Vanu Sniper Rifles do have bullet drop.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6406 on: March 09, 2013, 02:11:45 pm »

I think the differences for vanu between the rifles tend to be in the damage output vs speed of projectiles vs reload times, since they don't have bullet drop.

Where does this come from? I see lots of people proclaiming this. But last time I checked, Vanu Sniper Rifles do have bullet drop.
None of the other vanu rifles do though.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: March 09, 2013, 04:05:27 pm »

The conversation was about sniper/scout rifles, though. I see this tossed around a lot, even though it's plainly not true if you've ever read the wiki or played Inf as VS. Not sure if it's honest ignorance, willful ignorance, or maliciousness.  :-X

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: March 09, 2013, 04:17:45 pm »

I'm gonna make a character on Mattherson. I'm assuming we have an outfit. anyone on?

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: March 09, 2013, 04:19:44 pm »

EDIT: Crap sorry double post. :( I'm not paying attention today.
The conversation was about sniper/scout rifles, though. I see this tossed around a lot, even though it's plainly not true if you've ever read the wiki or played Inf as VS. Not sure if it's honest ignorance, willful ignorance, or maliciousness.  :-X

scout rifles don't have drop do they? I thought that the only guns with drop were the bolt-actions. In fact, I'm pretty certain of it; I'll go some !!SCIENCE!! real quick.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: March 09, 2013, 04:21:29 pm »

Funny, I haven't experienced any drop with the stock sniper rifle, though I haven't done any very-long-range sniping...
Yeah, it looks like it's only bolt-action ones, from my end.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: March 09, 2013, 04:27:03 pm »

Allrighty no science needed thank you sir.

Yeah, that's why I don't bother with a suppressor on my bolt actions. The reduced velocity makes the drop just ridiculous.

I should probably play a faction with drop to get used to it... I'm too comfy with vanu guns. :P

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: March 09, 2013, 04:43:19 pm »

You really shouldn't be sniping with a supressor anyway. What you should be doing is slapping on a 12x scope and making that shot from the next base over  :P

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #6413 on: March 09, 2013, 04:44:40 pm »

Ah, I was mistaken then. I was under the impression Vanu sniper rifles lacked bullet drop the same as their weaponry. Which is odd considering I started the game as a Vanu Infiltrator before jumping ship to the TR xD Shows how crappy my memory is, I guess :P

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: March 09, 2013, 04:56:55 pm »

Funny, I haven't experienced any drop with the stock sniper rifle, though I haven't done any very-long-range sniping...

No, both semi-autos and bolt actions have weapon drop, regardless of faction. This can be easily confirmed just sitting around at the warp gate and shooting rocks in the distance.

I would make a VS character in a second if I knew I could get two shot headshots from any range without having to compensate for bullet drop.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: March 09, 2013, 05:02:41 pm »

Just a reminder that we are trying to get an outfit going for bay12. So if you have a NC on Matherson, or hell just a spare character slot, add SilentHastati, ToasterTheAwesome, or Duuvian on Matherson to get the invites.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: March 09, 2013, 07:04:39 pm »

No, both semi-autos and bolt actions have weapon drop, regardless of faction. This can be easily confirmed just sitting around at the warp gate and shooting rocks in the distance.

I would make a VS character in a second if I knew I could get two shot headshots from any range without having to compensate for bullet drop.

Then make a VS character, because you are wrong. I just spent the last hour with my default VA39 Sprectre double-tapping smurfs from ~300m or more(not good judge of distance...[seriously, how can you be without depth perception? i don't get it...])

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: March 09, 2013, 07:29:36 pm »

I think the default VS sniper doesnt have bullet drop, but the bolt action one does. On the other hand the VS default also has some damage degredation at distance, which makes it VERY ill suited for ultra long range combat, although needing to land more than one shot rules that out anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: March 09, 2013, 07:54:10 pm »

Sorry, I should have clarified: VS bolt actions have bullet drop. The scout rifles and semiautomatic sniper rifles do not. This can be easily confirmed by checking the ripped weapon data. My issue is that I've seen people claim that the bolt actions don't have drop, when they clearly do.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: March 09, 2013, 08:08:34 pm »

Sorry, I should have clarified: VS bolt actions have bullet drop. The scout rifles and semiautomatic sniper rifles do not. This can be easily confirmed by checking the ripped weapon data. My issue is that I've seen people claim that the bolt actions don't have drop, when they clearly do.

Whoops, my mistake.

That's bullshit then, and I'm probably going to try it out sometime soon.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 826