Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089571 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6570 on: March 17, 2013, 05:13:13 am »

I am god-awful at flying.  I hopped in VR, got dogfighter 3, grabbed that shotgun, and couldn't hit jack on the stationary targets.  I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea what it is.

Missing. *sagenod*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: March 17, 2013, 05:18:24 am »

Lots of good things here about optimizing framerate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwOoZX6sV1I
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: March 17, 2013, 08:58:04 am »

Aren't infantry all equally vulnerable to each ESF main cannon? I don't understand the advantage of this gun.
Well, my mozzie main gun is a kinda inaccurate machine gun, and it's hard to hit tiny little men with it. I can imagine it's easier with a shotgun.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: March 17, 2013, 09:28:26 am »

It's also pretty okay at dealing with vehicles, it's only downside is that it has a small initial magazine. And like in the video it's much easier to land two shots with this thing than to keep your aim at the target for a few seconds for the other ESF weapons to do damage.

(also flying shotgun coolness nobody else gets)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: March 17, 2013, 12:11:01 pm »

AirHammer has too few rounds in the magazine to be terribly good against infantry. It's hard to hit them up close with it, and farther away it spreads it's pellets. Up close it's a one shot kill maybe, but you can't snipe or lay down suppressive fire from 300 meters in the air like the stock gun. I'd say the stock gun (with some levels of zoom certed) is better versus infantry in a number of situations, but the AH is better against vehicles in some situations as it takes less time to empty the magazine and start dodging. AH is a good gun of course, but it requires it to be used a risky way for it to be so. I have yet to compare it to the TR and VS versions in VR training so I can't say whether they have the short end of the stick or not on that. Airhammer is good in my opinion because it's very versatile as long as your target is close to you.

What I'd like to see is a variant of the AH that does less damage per shot, but be a fully automatic and shotgun with like 50 rounds and possibly have it not damage armor. Also it would be cool if it fired more pellets that do smaller damage individually so as to minimize the effect pellet spread has on whether or not you get enough hits before reload. Sort of like a series of big clouds of BBs with enough spread and pellets to blanket a spot and make infantry not want to be there until I have to reload or maneuver away. Sort of like rocket pods but weaker and over a longer period of time.

EDIT: Also I've noted a lot of people saying they have latency or 'internet lag' issues. If a redditor, SA user or other powerful community inhabitant would care to spread the word to their respective communities, tell them to search google for: windows 7 latency registry

The first result should lead them to this:

http://windows7themes.net/how-to-improve-latency-in-wow-in-windows-7.html

I've not had any as much problem with 'server lag' as detailed by the people /yelling about it, and I have to wonder if perhaps that tweak has something to do with it and I would appreciate it if more science is done on the issue. I still have some server lag, but it's somewhat minor and does not cause me any great difficulty; most troublesomely involving having to hold the medic beam on a target for longer than I should before the corpse wiggles to notify the reviver that it has been successful. I fully expect this though since it's double experience weekend. I imagine it will be easier to test after the event is over as it will be a more normal user load on SOE's end.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:33:57 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: March 17, 2013, 07:43:08 pm »

Nope, the Air Hammer is NC unique. Also incredibly cheesy. This is the best video of it I've seen. I've even seen people calling for it to be nerfed.

Yeah the nerf airhammer crowd is just silly.

If anything the AH needs its starting magazine size to be 6 instead of 3 to be even a considerably useful weapon at base level.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6576 on: March 17, 2013, 08:40:31 pm »

I finally got my 1000 certs! Now I'm afraid to spend it.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6577 on: March 17, 2013, 08:59:01 pm »

get something AA, imo. burster is nice.

also thats some nice restraint, I always spend mine on anything i can. gonna kill me saving 500? certs for an EM6, but such is life

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: March 17, 2013, 09:03:00 pm »

I saved up 1000 too.  Bought about 250 certs worth of stuff, then I'm almost back up to 1000.  I was going to get skyguard, but I'm not sure.  I'll probably buy the Phoenix with SC when it comes out then see how it does against air.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: March 17, 2013, 09:13:03 pm »

Skuguard is... kinda considered crap.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6580 on: March 17, 2013, 09:37:39 pm »

I guess I'll just have to see how good the Phoenix is.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6581 on: March 17, 2013, 09:45:33 pm »

Learn to fly, get the rockets, follow zergs everywhere and rake in tank and infantry kills.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6582 on: March 17, 2013, 09:48:19 pm »

Blech.

Kobalt Flash makes for a nice mobile turret.  The range on that thing is really impressive.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #6583 on: March 17, 2013, 10:16:32 pm »

I picked up the engineer anti-vehicle turret. It's a class I play all the time anyway, so having the extra utility to deploy anywhere is useful. I've already plopped it down on several occasions to take out mine-guarded sunderers that my mines couldn't take out. Have also got into position behind enemy tank columns and picked off several of them before someone wound up sniping me. One shot to the back of an MBT does serious damage. They're decent for taking out infantry too, although you're very vulnerable to snipers since they don't have any kind of guard like the normal turret has. You don't have any zoom and the rocket has a small explosion radius, so it's hard to hit them, but managing to hop a rocket around cover and take out the infantry huddled behind it is very satisfying. Watching the rocket fly almost to them then twisting the target sharply to the right can give the rocket a good bit of turn, and I have managed to successfully take out infantry I couldn't even see on a few occasions. Managed to finish off a magrider that strafed behind a rock to repair too.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6584 on: March 18, 2013, 12:28:01 am »

Damn, I've recently tweaked graphics to make it look good AND have better fps o.0

Continuing the what-to-buy discussion, I've been playing mostly infiltrator and engineer recently. I feel the 100 certs for tank mines were the best 100 certs spent so far, but I'm thinking of spending the 1k for an SMG, mostly for my infiltrator (I currently have 700) since I like to play aggressively. Or what should be my priority buy?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 826