Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089958 times)

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6765 on: April 03, 2013, 07:39:56 pm »

General consensus on the air hammer is it isn't worth it unless you've certed the magazine size increases (to at lease 6 shells in a mag), or are not already a decent pilot with the M20 or Vortek.
I couldn't remember the mag size costs or I'd of included them in the cost. Looks like 100/200/400/1000. But I was considering it as an alternative to buying rocket pods to have a viable all-round fighter. It does sound like a pretty hefty investment to get up to speed though, so I might just let it rest until I definitely spend some time learning to fly.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #6766 on: April 03, 2013, 08:54:43 pm »

Considering the risk of fighting ground forces armed with lock on missiles and AA weapons, you might consider going all out AA anyways. Vehicles give huge amounts of experience now, so it's a win-win, if you want to foot the bill for it.

Of course, I'm terrible at piloting vehicles in general, so I may not be the best source of advice.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: April 03, 2013, 08:59:21 pm »

That's one reason I love the Phoenix so much.  Armor column rolling in?  Just keep tagging.  Someone else may get the kill, but you're getting plenty of reward.

During the weekend, we (NC) were losing Quartz Ridge.  The smart people in NC retreated to Hvar, went engy, and loaded the pass with mines.  We then went back up on the ridge and pulled Phoenixes.

If wrecks stayed, the pass would have quickly been impassable for all the destroyed VS armor and sunderers.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #6768 on: April 03, 2013, 09:02:05 pm »

If wrecks stayed, the pass would have quickly been impassable for all the destroyed VS armor and sunderers.
That's a feature I've wanted in FPSs for a long time, if just for the cover derelict armor would provide to infantry.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: April 03, 2013, 10:23:01 pm »

That's a feature I've wanted in FPSs for a long time, if just for the cover derelict armor would provide to infantry.

Yeah open fields have practically no cover, and you can't hop behind a tank cause those tankers are always moving and will run your ass over.

Wish engineers or heavy assaults would have better tools for the open. Like a constructable shield/barrier for infantry to hide behind.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: April 04, 2013, 01:57:09 am »

I'm not going to lie: I'm pretty disappointed about the NC max "nerf". Infantry still get destroyed before they have a chance to react, which was always the problem. The other factions need to keep their crosshairs trained on their target for multiple seconds before they get gunned down- even if you land every single hit it gives the enemy time to react- fire their gun, run away, toss a C4 directly on your face, res the poor fool you just laid to rest etc. The NC max can train a target and click kill, jump to next target and repeat. The nerf did not change that- in fact, damage was only altered on one gun despite it being the biggest factor in people's grief.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:03:18 am by Haschel »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: April 04, 2013, 05:41:31 am »

Finally bought the mercenary bundle: I am very, very happy with the SMG.

E: Also, the little ledge on the top of biolabs that people can stand on is a perfect spot for snipers trying to cover the small bases around the biolab. You can see directly on most of the surrounding caps.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 06:14:47 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: April 04, 2013, 05:56:57 am »

It looks pretty good - I'm thinking about trying it (especially if it's F2P) :D

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: April 04, 2013, 06:55:35 am »

Editted away because meh.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 07:04:33 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: April 04, 2013, 07:17:10 am »

Probably can't climb the outside of towers any more.

It still works, now you just have to combine his two vids(this being the other one) to do it(tap space a couple of times at the end corner).

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: April 04, 2013, 07:20:05 am »

Also, the NS-11C needs a nerf if it can bring a shielded, full-health heavy down to dead in 3 seconds.
Erm, it's ROF and damage are pretty much average for carbines. Everything below it on that list (assuming the link worked right) will have a lower TTK against the same target, except the two burst guns and with some minor range differences for Vanu weapons.

Heavy with full shields is 1600 health, assuming they don't have nanoweave and use NMG/Adrenaline. With maxed nanoweave and resist shield they would have 2045 effective health. That's 15 rounds at <10m from most carbines, including the NS-11C. At 652 RPM that puts the TTK at ~1.4 seconds, all rounds hitting, all body shots. At >65m it would take 19 rounds, or ~1.75 seconds of full auto (not that you could land all bullets at that range).

If anything took 3 seconds to drop a heavy it needs a buff compared to most guns, not a nerf.

It still works, now you just have to combine his two vids(this being the other one) to do it(tap space a couple of times at the end corner).

Yeah, had to go back and watch the older video to see if that version would still work. Need to re-learn that method though.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: April 04, 2013, 07:34:41 am »

For those of you complaining about NC Maxes, just remember that they're shotguns. If you are close enough to get oneshotted then back the fuck up! Don't engage them in a situation where they have the advantage.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: April 04, 2013, 07:40:43 am »

My character got deleted somehow. No big loss but still, can't use the name anymore.

What should I get after putting a scope on my carbine? 200 is a long way for the C4.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: April 04, 2013, 08:01:45 am »

My character got deleted somehow. No big loss but still, can't use the name anymore.

What should I get after putting a scope on my carbine? 200 is a long way for the C4.
Hit up customer support about that. If the character was deleted you should be able to re-use the name. Sounds like something weirder going on.

As for certs, faction and classes played?

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: April 04, 2013, 08:06:55 am »

Thanks for advice guys, I went with 2x scope, jump pack upgrade, flak armour and sunderer spawn point.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 826