Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089316 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7260 on: May 12, 2013, 10:51:56 am »

I think patch notes said they disabled flash and concussion grenades in VR...
but yeah, thanks for the tip. The more people break it, the faster it will get fixed. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: May 12, 2013, 01:21:33 pm »

The harassers can be really nasty. Had fun as the gunner tonight outmanoeuvring armour and using the bulldog to take them down.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: May 12, 2013, 02:17:23 pm »

i really wish they would buff the standard vehicle guns so that they are actually useful...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7263 on: May 12, 2013, 02:20:03 pm »

i really wish they would buff the standard vehicle guns so that they are actually useful...
+3464342516437986531346427559865315122119197976773777

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: May 13, 2013, 08:10:37 am »

@#$%^ TR Lib who singlehandedly killed me like 6 times before I got him. Even when I forced him got out he shotgunned me in one or two shots.

Satisfaction, seeing that lib burn.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: May 13, 2013, 08:16:18 am »

I just don't get it...
I am an infiltrator, being all sneaky, don't cloak or decloak stupidly or move around in the open. YET EVERY TIME I AM SEEN...
I ask how, they say they set their graphics to low, makes it easier to see Infiltrators...
I do the same. Can't see any difference at all and still I can't pick out every infiltrator that I come near all the time...

I am even getting spotted when I crouch and stay cloaked...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: May 13, 2013, 08:19:54 am »

I don't know what setting it is, but I can usually see infils.  I think they fixed it a bit though because it's harder than it was.

Play cloaky-bastard SMG-in-the-back infil while it's night time- that makes you much harder to see.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7267 on: May 13, 2013, 08:32:27 am »

The Vanu and the NC regularly work together on Waterson.  I could count maybe 2-3 platoons worth of enemies along the NC/Vanu lines with the rest of their forces working to push us back.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: May 13, 2013, 09:17:01 am »

I am an infiltrator, being all sneaky, don't cloak or decloak stupidly or move around in the open. YET EVERY TIME I AM SEEN...
Because it doesn't make you invisible, just "shadowy". Now you really need to watch the background against which you're seen, still use cover, etc.

This vid shows it well. The cloak is a tool helping you stay hidden, but won't do the job for you.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: May 13, 2013, 10:29:34 am »

I just don't get it...
I ask how, they say they set their graphics to low, makes it easier to see Infiltrators...
I do the same. Can't see any difference at all and still I can't pick out every infiltrator that I come near all the time...

Keep in mind that cloaking and decloaking also make a sound. Alert enemies will notice the sound even if you're being perfectly stealthy otherwise.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7270 on: May 13, 2013, 10:32:11 am »

I just don't get it...

I think it's the other way around. Graphics on High help spot moving infiltrators. There are still quite a few people who have a good eye for such things (I almost fit in this group, but not quite).
When I infiltrate, I try to move as if I don't even have a cloak (unless there's no other way to get to the destination), that almost always works... until I hit a stray claymore. -.-

I don't know what setting it is, but I can usually see infils.  I think they fixed it a bit though because it's harder than it was.

Play cloaky-bastard SMG-in-the-back infil while it's night time- that makes you much harder to see.
So much this.

Oh, and they fixed the VR-grenade-unlock bug.

PPE:
I just don't get it...

Keep in mind that cloaking and decloaking also make a sound. Alert enemies will notice the sound even if you're being perfectly stealthy otherwise.
He said he doesn't cloak or decloak stupidly, I think he meant in terms of the sound as well.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: May 13, 2013, 10:53:52 am »

Mining the exit point of an occupied turret and then hacking a chump right into the mine never gets old. Ever.

Hell, once doing that I had dropped onto an enemy tower, did that to an AA turret, hopped in, started shooting at scythes, and did some considerable damage- including against some burster MAXes standing on the pads- before someone finally wised up and started shooting up the turret.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: May 13, 2013, 12:00:38 pm »

Had an awesome time playing with the 252nd a few days back. Won an alert with gal drops first on indar, then had a harasser deathrace, probably 60-70 harassers all with one or two passengers, seeing who could get the furthest along the preset course. Sadly like 90% of the people didnt follow the track, but i did get a free prowler kill. Then the platoon moved to another continent, where the NC had only 3 or 4 territories. We capped the whole thing (several platoons together) in a shockingly quick time. and I had one of my free boosts active, so I gained like 130 certs in under 2 hours.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7273 on: May 13, 2013, 12:25:05 pm »

I just don't get it...

Not only does it make a sound, the sound is faction-specific, so you can hear what faction the guy that just uncloaked behind you is.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: May 13, 2013, 12:30:50 pm »

I just don't get it...

Not only does it make a sound, the sound is faction-specific, so you can hear what faction the guy that just uncloaked behind you is.

Those Terran Infiltrators...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 826