Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089216 times)

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7365 on: May 23, 2013, 01:30:33 am »

SCU Shields functionality changes – The generators that powered the SCU Shields have been removed. The SCU Shields now power down automatically when the base is 75% captured.

Quite a major change, no more dropping the scu quickly in a cap or before even starting a cap making it much harder for smaller forces to cap the facility.

In my mind that's a step in the wrong direction. Battles are entirely a matter of numbers now, the side that brings more guys wins. They took away the only tiny little piece of strategy and subterfuge that it was possible to employ. Now it's all about brute force and sieging the fuck out of the spawn room. Which they still did nothing about. I feel that if they wanted to make battles more interesting, that's where they should have started, by doing something about the ridiculous spawn room siege situation that seems to take the majority of any battle.

Absolutely agree, removing the scu from the picture takes away from any strategy left in capturing bases. We already lost the capture nodes as key locations to secure, now the scu is done away with to...
Personally I much prefer capturing stuff being about securing key locations in a facility rather then it being a game of get the enemy camped in their spawn until you're done. I'm one who wanted to see some sort of scu to be added into medium tower outposts in fact, to avoid obnoxious spawncamping.

If anything they should've put more emphasis on securing the scu by making the spawn a forbidden zone for all once it goes down. No more camping because one or two enemies waste your time staying in the spawn til cap.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #7366 on: May 23, 2013, 02:19:58 am »

So far I really like the lattice update. Huge battles are why I wanted to play, and last night definitely delivered them. Always room for improving how a base is won over, though. Defending bases with fewer numbers should be doable more often.

Being spawn camped is my time to pad whatever my K/D is. I can't believe how many people will sit right outside the shield and try to shoot in without even trying to find cover.

I get the raw numbers complaint, having been on the lower population end of things in most hexes I chose to fight in. We are certain to see lots of adjustments in future updates.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: May 23, 2013, 02:24:12 am »

Indar was full and I didn't want to wait, so did not get a look at the lattices yet.

But... VS shotguns are cheaper now?! YESSSS I've been saving FOREVER to buy a Nova.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: May 23, 2013, 03:38:02 am »

Indar was full and I didn't want to wait, so did not get a look at the lattices yet.

But... VS shotguns are cheaper now?! YESSSS I've been saving FOREVER to buy a Nova.
Just a little Rant, but I really do Hate how they handled the Shotguns...
If anything there should have been two kinds of Shotguns...
1: NS Shotguns avaliable to every faction.
2: NC Shotguns. The ONLY FACTION that gets special shotguns cause ITS THE NC'S FUCKING FACTION SPECIALTY.

The Max only has Shotguns, the ESF has a Shotgun, the MBT has a Shotgun. NC is about Shotguns. Now everyone has Shotguns, WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT THE NC??!?!?
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: May 23, 2013, 03:46:48 am »

It is kinda weird that each faction has it's own shotgun, but they all have the same stats. It does seem like something they could have just NS'd. People might complain about there being 5 NS shotguns though.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: May 23, 2013, 03:53:36 am »

It is kinda weird that each faction has it's own shotgun, but they all have the same stats. It does seem like something they could have just NS'd. People might complain about there being 5 NS shotguns though.
There is some suttee differences with the guns though. I know for a fact that many of the TR shotguns actually fire faster then the others and larger clip while the VS shotguns have a slightly longer range and tighter spread. NC, buggered if I know, cause they got Nerfed the moment they were released cause hey, Fuck the NC. Or so it appears that SoE have in mind when they make anything for the NC...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7371 on: May 23, 2013, 05:01:07 am »

The Max only has Shotguns, the ESF has a Shotgun, the MBT has a Shotgun. NC is about Shotguns. Now everyone has Shotguns, WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT THE NC??!?!?
Well, the NC used to be (PS1) about hard-hitting slow-firing. Shotguns as a type fall into that category, but they're a type-of-gun of their own, for instance sniper rifles also fall into that category. We also all have tanks, and we also all have sniper rifles.

Edit: I'm getting the Nova as it seems to me the most VS-like of the shotties.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:10:39 am by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: May 23, 2013, 05:21:45 am »

Exactly, the ability of NC has been removed cause it is too powerful in todays standings of games. Anything that hits for higher damage the first time will always be called overpowered. Infact before launch NC WAS as they were in Planetside, then they nerfed them due to how powerful they really were. Now NC is both underpowered compared to the other two yet balanced when compared to common imagining of weapons. YET, there is nothing to make the NC unique about them like there is about the TR and VS...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: May 23, 2013, 05:48:13 am »

What happened to ROF is king? Isn't that what they always yell?

It has always been ROF/DAM/ACC -> TR/NC/VS, with the VS getting added mobility (FLYING MAX FUCK YEAH), NC getting added defense (shields, armor) and the TR getting the fastest stuff. I love how the dev team listens to the community, but sometimes they need to listen less and just let imbalances balance themselves. Nothing is OP in every situation, it's always very contextual. If it's not and it's OP in almost every situation and countertactics do not arise, THEN you should nerf it.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7374 on: May 23, 2013, 06:04:46 am »

If that was the case, NC would have never been Nerfed at launch and Higby would still be doing balancing among other things.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7375 on: May 23, 2013, 06:53:42 am »

Well, balance is important, and needs constant re-adjusting. However, players can re-adjust as well, new counter-tactics and strategies are developed against "OP" tactics all the time. So maybe they should balance just a bit less.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: May 23, 2013, 06:58:12 am »

Well, balance is important, and needs constant re-adjusting. However, players can re-adjust as well, new counter-tactics and strategies are developed against "OP" tactics all the time. So maybe they should balance just a bit less.
If that was so, like I said before, NC Maxes would never have seen a Nerf...

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: May 23, 2013, 07:01:57 am »

I originally picked NC because I like hard hitting weapons that take skill to use (due to low rate of fire and/or high recoil). I didn't get what was advertised. Carbines in particular are a bad joke, it takes bloody ages to kill anything as NC LA.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: May 23, 2013, 07:04:15 am »

I originally picked NC because I like hard hitting weapons that take skill to use (due to low rate of fire and/or high recoil). I didn't get what was advertised. Carbines in particular are a bad joke, it takes bloody ages to kill anything as NC LA.
If you played before Launch, you got that. Then they Nerfed...
Apparently that thing that made NC Unique wasn't what they wanted...

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7379 on: May 23, 2013, 07:12:05 am »

Unfortunately, I didn't. But still, it's kinda infuriating that 2-3 consecutive headshots at 70-80m don't kill when it's supposed to be a faction that's all about this kind of shooting. I mean seriously, is there any situation in which NC carbines aren't inferior to every other weapon in the game?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 826