Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089707 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7530 on: May 29, 2013, 03:58:48 am »

I retract my stupid earlier statement.  ::)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7531 on: May 29, 2013, 05:22:02 am »

That's the one thing I hate about dual falcons on the NC MAX- they're both offset and I can't hit infantry (and usually MAXes) for shit with them.  The problem is exacerbated by my nonstandard keybind.  (I have jump on right click and alt fire on space- that means I shoot the right arm with my left hand and vice versa.)

All MAXes have the convergence problem, and yeah, it's really annoying. It's a difficult problem to fix well, though.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7532 on: May 29, 2013, 07:55:22 am »

Any TR people out there besides me?

I have 500 certs to spare and I'm considering getting the following guns:

LC3 Jaguar (250c)
TAR (250c)
TMG-50 (500c)
Dual Mutilators (250c x 2)
The second H3 Pounder (250c)

The MAX guns didn't impress me that much, but the other three guns do. But I obviously can't get all three of them. Which ones are worth it?

The accuracy troubles you have sound very much like a convergence issue. The vanguard's main cannon barrel is probably more offset from the camera than the lightning's. I hear the issue is even worse for prowlers.

It's alright enough for shooting tanks. But it's damned hard shooting that heavy who's fifty meters or so away and about to shoot you with a rocket. I'm not sure either barrel is aligned with the optics.

The Jaguar is a great carbine.  If you play LA or Engie and want a gun for up close and mid range then this is your gun.  I threw a 3.4x scope on it and advance laser sight.  I can hip fire up close and then zoom in for anything else.  It's no shotgun, but it gets the job done.  Feel free to trial it before buying just to make sure you like it.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: May 29, 2013, 08:24:08 am »

That's the one thing I hate about dual falcons on the NC MAX- they're both offset and I can't hit infantry (and usually MAXes) for shit with them.  The problem is exacerbated by my nonstandard keybind.  (I have jump on right click and alt fire on space- that means I shoot the right arm with my left hand and vice versa.)

All MAXes have the convergence problem, and yeah, it's really annoying. It's a difficult problem to fix well, though.
Are you talking about AT Guns on Maxes??? Haven't you heard? TR ones double as Anti Infantry. SOE decided to make the AH Mustang Better then what it was before its nerf then give it to TR Maxes...
TR Empire AT MAX Guns are Flechette Explosive Guns. Which is basicly, Shotgun with Explosive Rounds. BUT IT HAS RANGE OF FUCK OFF. I was climbing around the edge of the mountain at Splitpeak Pass. Getting Peppered by TR AT rounds who was at his SPAWN ROOM. It was lucky I was in a Max Suit else I would have been dead...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7534 on: May 29, 2013, 09:30:51 am »

ERMAGERD NC MAX NO TAKE DAMAGE WHEN SHIELD IS UP PLZ NERF

Seriously this is what you guys sound like when you complain about the ZOE. Instead of bitching, learn how to counter. I don't shoot the aegis shield, I flank and shoot the max. They're vulnerable to damage while ZOE is on. Suppressing fire will make them all run. That's it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7535 on: May 29, 2013, 09:45:17 am »

Not if they can dodge all of said surpessing fire.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7536 on: May 29, 2013, 09:45:38 am »

Seriously this is what you guys sound like when you complain about the ZOE. Instead of bitching, learn how to counter. I don't shoot the aegis shield, I flank and shoot the max. They're vulnerable to damage while ZOE is on. Suppressing fire will make them all run. That's it.

8)
So true.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: May 29, 2013, 09:46:13 am »

Are you talking about AT Guns on Maxes??? Haven't you heard? TR ones double as Anti Infantry. SOE decided to make the AH Mustang Better then what it was before its nerf then give it to TR Maxes...
TR Empire AT MAX Guns are Flechette Explosive Guns. Which is basicly, Shotgun with Explosive Rounds. BUT IT HAS RANGE OF FUCK OFF. I was climbing around the edge of the mountain at Splitpeak Pass. Getting Peppered by TR AT rounds who was at his SPAWN ROOM. It was lucky I was in a Max Suit else I would have been dead...

Are you talking about the Fractures? If you are, they are not explosive fletchette guns, they fire mini-rockets, one at a time. The game describes them as "explosive darts" which I guess could be interpreted as fletchettes. They have a magazine of 6, 8 or 10 shots (I can't remember) and fire pretty fast, though. Three hits is enough to kill basic infantry, I think. They are in general seen as the best new AV MAX weapons.

Just to be clear, the Airhammer never fired explosive pellets, even though the description said so, it's just a shotgun like any other.

All complaints about the ZOE that I have is just that it's extremely difficult to counter. Everyone that's pro-ZOE says to focus fire, or to use concussion grenades, and that's fine, but the point is that these tactics work just as well on any MAX, and the ZOE reduces their effectiveness, they would be even more effective on any other MAX.

The point is that when you come up against a TR or NC MAX with the new abilities you have options. NC MAX raised the shield? Either run through it and shoot him in the back, C4 him or run away. TR MAX in lockdown? flank it so that it cannot fire back and unload or snipe it from afar if applicable. VS ZOE MAX? Now he has the initiative. If you run away, he'll catch up because he moves as fast, or faster, than you. C4 is less effective due to their quick movements, and so is rocket launchers. The bottom line is that the ZOE is too versatile. It, pretty much, has no disadvantages because it can be instantly turned off as soon as the disadvantages turns out to be a problem.

I'd welcome a scenario where the ZOE is a liability, but where it is more advantageous to keep it turned on. I can't come up with one myself.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: May 29, 2013, 10:46:43 am »

Multiple vanu players have admitted that it is way too good.

If they want to nerf this thing right they have to get rid of the speed boost, and increase damage taken by another 10%.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: May 29, 2013, 03:06:01 pm »

Ok question...

Night vision vs thermal vision.
Thermal is 4 times more expensive so it's supposedly better.

HOWEVER.

People say it's just like night vision but with a grey tint instead of green AND has a shorter drawdistance.
Could anyone confirm?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7540 on: May 29, 2013, 03:35:07 pm »

Ok question...

Night vision vs thermal vision.
Thermal is 4 times more expensive so it's supposedly better.

HOWEVER.

People say it's just like night vision but with a grey tint instead of green AND has a shorter drawdistance.
Could anyone confirm?
Yes.
Night vision is white-green.
Infrared is black-grey-yellow-orange-red, with a bi shorter distance (easier to make folks out thought).
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7541 on: May 29, 2013, 03:35:55 pm »

You can try all this stuff out in VR.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7542 on: May 29, 2013, 03:37:25 pm »

If I remember right thermal shows enemies as a nice bright color against that grey, which means they contrast well. It's very good when enemies are up close.

I just use zoom on most weapons because I like shooting at long range. Both the night vision and thermal are very short ranged in that past a point nothing renders and don't zoom besides.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7543 on: May 29, 2013, 03:58:14 pm »

You can try all this stuff out in VR.

This. The days of having to ask people what a particular scope looks like or which night vision cert is better are thankfully over. The VR training area is a fantastic place.
You access it via the continent warp console, btw. There's a little VR Training button at the bottom. Easy to miss. ;)

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7544 on: May 29, 2013, 04:32:51 pm »

Multiple vanu players have admitted that it is way too good.

If they want to nerf this thing right they have to get rid of the speed boost, and increase damage taken by another 10%.

Getting rid of the speed boost would make the ability pretty crap, honestly. Getting rid of it completely would be an over-nerf by far, in my opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 826