Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089487 times)

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7665 on: June 09, 2013, 08:30:16 pm »

So I finally got a chance to try out the patched Enforcer. Shows how little I've played since GU9... I loved the old version as both AI and AV. Easy to bullseye infantry and it would easily demolish any armour you ran into if you had a halfway sensible driver.

The new version is absolutely obscene against infantry. It is incredibly accurate and direct hits are instant kills. Even if you miss the next shot is available in no time so long as you don't waste all ten rounds. First time using it, ten kill streak, all infantry, all direct hits.

Against armour it's more questionable. You have to put lots of shots into them to feel like you are doing anything, especially now you can't see their health going down. That means firing while moving rather than getting a quick burst from the main cannon and Enforcer, repositioning while both reload and repeating. Not a huge disadvantage and arguably better if you aren't being targeted (better DPS if you can concentrate your fire, although again it's hard to tell).

I really regret not buying it when it was still 250 certs. Well worth hopping into any tank running one. Compared to my best Basilisk streak of the night; 8 kills over 10 minutes while defending a heavily assaulted position (god knows how many assists though). Enforcer; 10 kills over 5 minutes pushing into a moderately defended base.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: June 09, 2013, 09:32:44 pm »

It's great AV when it's on a Harasser, despite its slightly lower damage, because it's much easier to get behind the tank with it.  Shooting front armor with it, you might as well be throwing rocks, but the rear armor it does considerable damage against.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: June 09, 2013, 09:35:14 pm »

Has anyone else noticed that they do passes on the balance and attractiveness of the factions? As in they'll focus on a faction for a long period of time, then stop and work on another. Lately, the focus has been VS. TR had a very early pass, but short since they were already the 4th faction also. NC had a lengthy pass, with a pass of regression, where they'd overbuffed early on. Now they're definitely laying it on thick with the VS. We're likely to see much nerfing.

I could be wrong but that's how I saw the shifts of attention
That makes a lot of sense.
Having just logged in after quite some time, I've just noticed how even on the character selection screen, the new VS character models are virtually invisible. When'd that happen?
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7668 on: June 09, 2013, 09:45:10 pm »

I've been killed by several headless VS snipers.  It's kind of funny.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: June 10, 2013, 12:08:47 am »

I had to log out suddenly, so I decided to book it to the nearest prowler and hop on. As I'm running towards him, I see the large tank rounds fly past my face, one after the other. Thinking I had a good amount of time before he could shoot again, I suddenly died. I was TKed by none other than "leeroyjenkinz"

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: June 10, 2013, 03:37:48 am »

I had to log out suddenly, so I decided to book it to the nearest prowler and hop on. As I'm running towards him, I see the large tank rounds fly past my face, one after the other. Thinking I had a good amount of time before he could shoot again, I suddenly died. I was TKed by none other than "leeroyjenkinz"
At least he takes his name seriously.

Bought the Saron. When I'm equipped with a decent gunner, it's pretty damn awesome against infantry AND armor.

edit: and a movie for funz0rs: BAM! That's the BAM!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7671 on: June 10, 2013, 07:01:33 am »

Man the difference between the EU server and US must be huge.
I'm playing on Woodman and the population is more or less 35% NC 45% Van and 20% TR.

Every single alert i get to see has TR getting stomped hard and pushed out of everything of value by Vanu swarms.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7672 on: June 10, 2013, 08:24:31 am »

There is no real % ever in my opinnion.
All who is after easy cert points switch sides in a blink.
Kinda ruins some parts of game.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7673 on: June 10, 2013, 08:33:23 am »

AH, the "4th faction". There have been many complaints about that recently, and I'm guessing they're going to fix that soon, at least for same-server-accounts.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7674 on: June 10, 2013, 09:36:01 am »

That issue is easy to fix but hard to introduce in game.
I wouldn't mind 1-2 hour timer on character switch on same server, though "4th faction" will cry and things remain the same :/

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7675 on: June 10, 2013, 10:10:41 am »

That issue is easy to fix but hard to introduce in game.
I wouldn't mind 1-2 hour timer on character switch on same server, though "4th faction" will cry and things remain the same :/

I'm not a 4th faction player (I'm on the NC buffing/gimping train ride for the duration), but the massive amount of 4th faction at the moment is a symptom of how heinously terrible SOE's balancing decisions have been. The mindset of my 4th faction friends is "I pump all factions because I have to hedge my bets against Sony's track history of rolling out massive faction buffs/nerfs on a whim."

There will always be 4th faction players, so putting in a timer wouldn't be a bad thing, but a timer put in today would cause people quit, not play a single faction. A large part of the 4th faction problem would be fixed if Sony didn't keep pulling a zealot overdrive (the latest example in a long line of things that should never have left testing the way they were implemented).
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7676 on: June 13, 2013, 04:42:46 pm »

Aaand on the PTS the ZOE is killed. GG Higby, you caved in and sold your integrity. What was left of it. Time to put the ZOE on the shelf as well as the MAX until I can shell out for dual blueshifts and max out charge and kinetic armor.

Increased Zealot Overdrive armor debuff to 30%
    Added a fuel cost to the Zealot Overdrive, allowing up to 8 seconds of sustained use
    Reduced the indirect damage buff for Bursters when using Zealot Overdrive

Indirect vs ESF
        Rank 1: +5% (~93 damage)
        Rank 2: +7% (~95 damage)
        Rank 3: +9% (~97 damage)
        Rank 4: +12% (~100 damage)
        Rank 5: +15% (~103 damage)
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #7677 on: June 13, 2013, 05:02:34 pm »

You do realize that the VS MAX had the highest K/D ratio of any other MAX, even before the ZOE, right?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7678 on: June 13, 2013, 05:17:49 pm »

Without any knowledge of the distribution and underlying factors, comparing K/D is pretty much moot.

That aside, with the incoming nerfs ZOE will be nothing more than a subpar charge. Not to mention that the armor debuff is definitely going to hurt now. 20% was just about right.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7679 on: June 13, 2013, 05:37:48 pm »

Some things I think would be cool would be a large magazine machine gun shotgun that covers a decent area with obscene amounts of weak pellets for the Reaver for anti infantry, with the current airhammer being retooled as a general purpose weapon for close range since that's pretty much what it is in my opinion, though I've been using the stock gun as of late since it's the best at long range so recent changes may invalidate that.

To compensate I'd give the Mosquito: 4, 6 or 8 wing mounted anti infantry machine guns that you can modify the zeroed in range by pushing a button. It would be a good idea to make the 4 gun loadout be higher damage and lower rate of fire per gun than the six or eight gun loadout. A real life example would be the difference between a few of the most popular in their stage of the war loadouts of some WW2 fighters, the Hurricane (eight .303 caliber machine guns which are close to rifle bullets), the Mustang (6 50 caliber machine guns), and the Typhoon (four twenty millimeter cannons). That way if you are on the wrong zero range the bullet streams crisscross on your strafe run and cover a larger area with bullets for suppression, or you could get the zero range correct and have faster TTK due to the bullets landing. I'd suggest making the rifle bullet equivalent and the 50 caliber not damage armor and the difference between the two being rate of fire and damage, while the 20 milimeter is basically 4x forward mounted bassilisk. The downside to the basillisk loadout would be greatly decreased maneuverability due to increased weight, if it were my choice. That way it would be pretty terrible in dogfights but it would be good for ground support.

VS I dunno, maybe an anti infantry laser. If it could be like a solid beam that you can 'drag' over infantry for light hitscan damage that might be cool, especially if it was tied to some kind of launcher, either infantry or vehicle, that shoots straight up then tracks to the spot the laser is aimed at. That means they would have to hover a scythe to guide the missiles.

I'll suggest all these suggested new weapons do no damage to heavy armor and that they be badly subpar in dogfights against other ESFs armed with appropriate anti air weaponry as the tradeoff.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:18:09 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 826