Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089324 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7800 on: June 24, 2013, 05:37:05 pm »

What server are most of the Bay12 people playing on? Just finished downloading, haven't played since beta.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7801 on: June 24, 2013, 06:19:01 pm »

NC Mattherson has the highest concentration, but we're pretty spread out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: June 24, 2013, 09:08:48 pm »

I think I shall start calling the people who play on Indar during primetime the Inderps.

Whenever I play on Indar I regret it, save for the sweet, sweet cert farm that everybody else is.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7803 on: June 24, 2013, 09:20:52 pm »

Now on VS Mattherson, Rakonas of course. If any other VS are on add me.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7804 on: June 25, 2013, 01:21:38 am »

Last part of the Code...
Good luck for this grab folks...

FAF3
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7805 on: June 25, 2013, 02:18:04 am »

It's probably a good idea to tweak c4 effectiveness now  that armor and max suits have dramatically increased in cost.
Whoah there, cowboy. That precious tank of yours is only marginally more expensive than two blocks of C4. While you can re-use your tank to blow up many other people and tanks, those C4 blocks have one use only and boom, there go my resources. Honestly, if infantry can reach your tank, you're doing it wrong.

Unless of course you do what I did, MAGMOWERTIME, completely obliterating a nest of 8 encroached heavies+medics by magmowing. Wow, that felt good.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: June 25, 2013, 06:43:51 am »

Last part of the Code...
Good luck for this grab folks...

FAF3

The following item has been activated for your account:

- In game item: Gamer Bundle

:P  Thanks!  Now I can cruise in style with a hood ornament.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: June 25, 2013, 09:15:45 am »

I'm saving up for a AV mana turret.

I have 250 certs and slowly going insane.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7808 on: June 25, 2013, 09:17:42 am »

Being a planetside vet of several years I was really looking forward to playing this but was in a situation where I didn't have decent internet.
Finally got decent broadband back the other week and decided to give this a go.

And wow what a disappointment, I was expecting a tuned up Planetside and instead was given a Battlefield.
Performance is dismal especially around the main facilities
The facilities are far far too big making them impossible to defend with the player numbers I see (which aren't that high compared to PS1 in its heyday - probably due to facilities requiring a super computer to play with).
Base resources were removed. No longer can you experience an epic struggle to hold a base, the enemy fighting a war of attrition waiting for your base supplies to run out, only for a Gal to swoop in to drop a loaded ANT to save the day at the last moment.
Cloaker is a sniper.... I loved being an invisible bastard going around hunting MAXes and knifing snipers, but now your cloak only lasts a few seconds and you can't even attack whilst cloaked
MBTs are gunned by the driver.... noooooo - theres no choice of "Do I pull an MBT or do I solo in a fast attack lightning."
Progression is slow but also pointless, BR doesn't really do much except give you a meaningless title and load out slots. Cert points are slow to come, even if you subscribed it would take two months to accumulate enough 'bonus' station cash to buy a new gun. So the only way to unlock extra weapons in a reasonable time frame is burn real money on station cash, which would end up costing you more than a traditional subscription based game would - no thanks SOE.

PS1 had a formula that had people coming back for years, a shame SOE had to change it.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7809 on: June 25, 2013, 09:31:40 am »

You're wrong :)

1. New game means new specs. It's a new game, you should have a computer that can play new games. Mine is 5 yrs old (but was high end back then) and can run large battles fine.
2. See one. Even then, facilities are perfectly defendable especially with small numbers. The tunnels in the large plants give the defending team a definite edge, you can be everywhere in a really short time.
3. Nanite resources and ANTs... Yeah that's a shame. I miss that one too. Okay, you get one point.
4. Cloaker is a sniper by default, but you can get an SMG for the short range now. It's still quite effective even with the altered cloaking.
5. MBT's... well yes. They have no downside to a lightning now. OTOH, I really hated to have a lousy gunner, and even more if you get kicked out of tank after tank because they were "waiting for their friends". I can finally MBT on my own now.
6. Progression is fast enough, I've got a few new guns and certed mostly into my MBT and infantry classes. 2 months is quite the exaggeration. Subscribing makes it faster, and PS1 had slow certs as well, btw. And wouldn't even let you drive anything cool from the start.

The game has changed, yes; it's less cooperative (MBT), less open (bye inventory :( ), and the runnin'n'gunnin' has become faster. However, they're listening to the players a lot, and are constantly adding stuff/changing stuff. Once I stopped comparing it to PS1, I started liking it.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: June 25, 2013, 12:49:36 pm »

To be fair the game does run badly. SOE have even said they mean to optimise it a lot more.

I also think MBT's would be more powerful with a separate gunner, but would require two decent players.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: June 25, 2013, 12:55:06 pm »

Wait, really? Prowlers have two guns controlled by the driver now?..

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: June 25, 2013, 01:09:47 pm »

I'm saving up for a AV mana turret.

I have 250 certs and slowly going insane.
I've gotten to 1k certs now twice. And I agree with you. XD

To be fair the game does run badly. SOE have even said they mean to optimise it a lot more.

I also think MBT's would be more powerful with a separate gunner, but would require two decent players.
1. Yep, my gaming laptop cries when there are a lot of folks.
2. If you get a good gunner who's able to voice comm, it works really well.

No...

I decided to buy the Fury for my Flash despite the changes...
I trialed it first, and absolutely LOVED it. Bought it, sunk ~150 certs in it so far...

If it was nerfed, I can tell why they nerfed it. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: June 25, 2013, 01:18:11 pm »

There does seem to be a bug in the new patch that hits in certain facilities and drops FPS to absolute zero. I've been on TS with my outfit and had at least five people with different quality rigs drop to 0 FPS at the same time, without any notable population spikes. Cost us a Vanguard push. That same group can take part in huge biolab brawls without abnormal drops, but seems that particular tech plant and amp stations will kill our ability to play.

The Fury hasn't been nerfed yet. It was going to be (and the nerf went through to the PTS) but then it went on members only sale and people complained and the nerf was cancelled. It still needs to be reigned in a little. Something similar to the Enforcer nerf maybe. That's still useful as an AI weapon but doesn't dominate by default any more.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7814 on: June 25, 2013, 01:28:29 pm »

Pedant much? :P

I meant that I think MBT's would be more powerful if the driving and main gun/turret were handled by separate players, but I think you know that.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 826