Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084866 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #8955 on: December 17, 2013, 03:25:19 pm »

So what would be the go-to AA weapon for Mosquitoes now? I was under the impression Needler was fine, but now I'm not sure with this patch.

Also, if I'm reading right, they've completely neutered whatever AA abilities Harasser might've had? (What little there was.)

The rotary and needler still work the same against aircraft but hteir damage against tanks and infantry got lowered.
Apparently hitting infantry will do 200 damage on both rotary and needler... obviously making the rotary the superior weapon against infantry again since both are now useless against anything heavier than a harraser so might as well go for the higher RoF gun.

The vulcan effective range got changed from 200 meters to 10 meters.
I'm sorry for all those suckers who bought it because soon basilisk will be the no.1 secondary on all vehicles.

Oh well another reason to be happy i only spent certs on a skyguard lightening... hopefully they won't make it unable to hit aircraft because it's was overpowered against infantry.
Is it? It can kill quite well in close but the only infantry that needs to go that close is c4 guys and then they gotta blame themself.

Skyguard has horrible accuracy (more or less like hipfire form an LMG) so yeah only LAs and the more desperate HA/Engies ever get close enough for it to be effective.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8956 on: December 17, 2013, 03:45:15 pm »

I must say that the Gatecrasher module, while a ton of fun on the Harasser, is now probably just suicide with the armor and repair changes.  Too bad.

Prowler HE canon damage against tanks buffed AP and HEAT nerfed.

I was going to say "so were the others" but then I noticed this:

P2-120 AP

Direct hit damage reduced from 1200 to 1250

Looks like SOE math means this was reduced by negative 50.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8957 on: December 17, 2013, 03:55:44 pm »

I'm glad to see my HE Lightning getting a little buff.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8958 on: December 17, 2013, 04:40:31 pm »

Awesome, just updated the game two days ago and there's already another Gigabyte and a half to download. So glad I tried to get back into the game again.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8959 on: December 17, 2013, 08:26:04 pm »

Random question, has anyone else had the spanner icon on the launchpad that let you see server status/validate files/etc disappear following the latest patch?
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8960 on: December 17, 2013, 08:44:09 pm »

Mine's still there.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8961 on: December 17, 2013, 08:50:27 pm »

Ah found out what was causing it. When I closed the PS2 window after it hung at 96% due to the servers not having come back up, it apparently didn't actually close the program and that icon does not appear on the launchpad if you open it while there is an instance of the game running. Killed the program through task manager and the icon reappeared on the launchpad.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #8962 on: December 17, 2013, 09:26:54 pm »

I enjoyed the Gauss Burst before now, if only at long ranges, but now it's a consistently viable weapon. Pretty happy about that, since it won't be a pain to get an auraxium medal for it now.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8963 on: December 17, 2013, 09:29:57 pm »

Is there any reason to use the burst variants as opposed to the default or S variant?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8964 on: December 17, 2013, 10:06:38 pm »

Less horizontal recoil, more accurate moving ADS fire, now more accurate standing ADS fire, HVA, CoF resets after each burst.

They're technically straight upgrades. The only issue is that while burst firing the first shot recoil multiplier is applied over and over which makes accurate aiming somewhat difficult. If you can compensate for that, then they're worth using.

I use the TRAC-5B regularly and I like it well enough, but I can't stand the T1B Cycler.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8965 on: December 17, 2013, 11:00:21 pm »

When the patch rolled out there was a bug that was effecting all the servers so they shut them down again for a hotfix. Since then the servers have been 'locked' so you can't play. Hopefully it'll be up tomorrow/soon (depending on timezones)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8966 on: December 17, 2013, 11:46:20 pm »

So my server got unlocked and I was going to do the biolab alert and then call it a night, but then I tried to redeploy to Indar with the new warpgate deploy thing and it said server disconnect, and server unavailable... According to the thing at the top of the forums says it's not locked so...

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8967 on: December 18, 2013, 03:26:24 am »

The holiday sale with the ridiculous member sales is live. I now have Harasser Lumifiber for all three factions!

I haven't even put a single cert into a Harasser, but how could I resist making my Harasser look ridiculously gaudy for naught but three SC?

In case you were wondering, you get the 500 SC upfront, immediately on purchasing membership.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8968 on: December 18, 2013, 03:56:12 am »

Its worth mentioning again that if you have a subscription already and buy another months subscription through the station control website you'll get another 500 sc upfront as an 'up sale' bonus, you'll then get another 500 cash a month later as the normal subscription benifit.

If you're planning to keep a long subscription it works out much better to buy multiple single month subscriptions than the bulk month deals

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8969 on: December 18, 2013, 09:09:57 am »

I'll probably get member and buy it anyway, but putting Harasser Lumifiber on sale right after nerfing it into the ground is a bit insulting.
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 826