Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1085019 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #9330 on: January 24, 2014, 06:06:03 am »

Click really fast? :)

I'm terrible at burst-fire. Still manage to kill people once in a while, though.

Edit: Oh and I made 200 SPM Average! Yay! Although it dropped to 199.9 a day later...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9331 on: January 24, 2014, 07:21:27 am »

Is it just me, or is SMG infiltrator the best class? I'm having longer and more frequent kill streaks than with other classes. And it's not like I'm not contributing to the team like those sniper rifle infiltrators.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9332 on: January 24, 2014, 07:28:03 am »

It's good vs noobs, and fun to solo, but kills don't capture bases. A squad of infil+smg vs a balanced squad will always lose

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9333 on: January 24, 2014, 07:31:19 am »

Well obviously it shouldn't be a full squad, but an infiltrator or two come in handy with their darts when capturing a base. And I do frequently cap points, and leave mines on them if there's no allies guarding it (if there are, I just sit on an ammo box and spam recon darts).

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9334 on: January 24, 2014, 07:54:10 am »

Yes SMG infiltrators are the best class.
Capturing bases gives crap XP compared to getting a boatload of kills as David Copperfield.
10 kills and you basically got the same XP you'd get for capping a facility.
Not only that but you also can spot enemies en mass with the recon darts drop mines like a cow with gastric problems.

And best of all... if an infiltrator encounters something he cannot kill/destroy there's always the cloak and run like hell tactic (or run behind a corner and stand still).
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9335 on: January 24, 2014, 09:01:57 am »

Frankly I'm appalled by how rarely people spam darts, in large fights it easily beats killing people when it comes to XP gain.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9336 on: January 24, 2014, 09:18:19 am »

It's good vs noobs, and fun to solo, but kills don't capture bases. A squad of infil+smg vs a balanced squad will always lose
I wouldn't agree about the always, particularly on Amerish where there are far more equipment terminals left out in the bases allowing for hacking and resupply. Several times I've been part of an infiltrator squad that has secured multiple bases against equal or sometimes greater numbers.

Frankly I'm appalled by how rarely people spam darts, in large fights it easily beats killing people when it comes to XP gain.

Most of the time that I'm unable to dart spam is due to engineers failing to drop ammo packs intelligently. Far to often they fail to drop packs where people are actually fighting, leaving them only back where heavies/maxes are spamming at the spawn room from long range.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9337 on: January 24, 2014, 09:21:04 am »

Dart spam is a great asset in an even fight.  Any good organized squad will bring one along.  It's especially useful in bases where all the hackable terminals haven't been inexplicably removed by SOE yet.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9338 on: January 24, 2014, 04:32:33 pm »

You only need one infiltrator in a squad though, since the utility of all the other classes scales better and they have better killing potential.

I get the best kill streaks as a heavy, because shield is pretty good. Also because my outfit is usually there to pick me up when I die or I'm fighting the late night crowd, most of whom are very bad.

Edit: Oh and I made 200 SPM Average! Yay! Although it dropped to 199.9 a day later...

I wonder if oh, come on.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9339 on: January 24, 2014, 04:47:30 pm »

I'll have to live vicariously through my outfit leader, who is #2 in score for all of Mattherson.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9340 on: January 24, 2014, 04:52:47 pm »

Well i have 207.1 Score per minute.... whatever that means.
But my K/D is only 1.09.

I blame my habbit of using the banshee on my Mossy for fixing my K/D from below 1.
Self promotion below.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9341 on: January 24, 2014, 06:25:33 pm »

I'm checking on the color of the grass over on the TR side. Mostly I want to test out the prowler and max a bit. Any TR players here who can advise me on max AI weapon? Unfortunately the 250 one seems crap but I'll probably get two of those first for ease of acces.

Yes SMG infiltrators are the best class.

SMG infiltrators prey on lone targets, they suck at taking and holding ground. Sure if you've got prey to kill and don't care for base capture SMG infil is what you want. In a heavy firefight though good luck surviving much after decloaking and dropping a target.

Also I'll join the KD bragging. :)
Although mine is hardly impressive due to me mostly lone wolfing. And the horrid drop in performance as the game became unplayable for me. Not that KD means much anyway.

Not doing to shabby on my TR either, for having pretty much no certs and again lonewolfing.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 06:33:31 pm by Jelle »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9342 on: January 24, 2014, 07:13:54 pm »

The thing about infiltrators is the fact they CAN blindside you rather easely. And with a silencer they can take 2-3 people before recloaking and running away.
Don't underestimate the "stealth" created by confusion and crowd.

As for MAX wqeapons... i have no idea really. I just bought the cheapest chaingun for the right arm.
I assume however that the long range chaingun or dual fractures would be the best choice.
Self promotion below.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9343 on: January 24, 2014, 08:05:22 pm »

Christ, I have a shit KD ratio...

its .37 ...

And the fun thing is that most of my kills have been in the last two days, after I learned to toggle my fire...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 08:07:04 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9344 on: January 24, 2014, 08:11:52 pm »

So your KD is bad, but do you enjoy playing the game? Or are you playing for a KD?

For me, winning objectives is more fun than getting a good KD.
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 826