Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084947 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #9720 on: February 23, 2014, 11:45:50 am »

Holy hell, I just got a 42-2 score in my Lightning, including 5 other tanks, 3 other vehicles, a few maxes and a mossie.
Damn is the Viper good now!

I've decided to wait, but my certs over 1k will be used on upgrades. What's the best upgrade to get on the Lightning? I've unlocked Fire Suppression 1, Prox Radar 1, and optics/ammo for the Viper.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9721 on: February 23, 2014, 12:19:29 pm »

The Viper's pretty nice now.  Personally, I have the racer frame on it to make a fast tank even faster.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9722 on: February 23, 2014, 12:42:42 pm »

Also, Side armor, Rear armor, or Top armor? Front armor forces a playstyle which I don't do, so... :P
Or should I get Fire Suppression? Or should I get Thermal optics? Baah so much to choose from... :D

EDIT: But I like sniping with the Viper, so I guess I'll stick with 1.25 or 1.5, whatever I've got.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 12:51:20 pm by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9723 on: February 23, 2014, 12:45:05 pm »

I'd only take thermals with HE.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9724 on: February 23, 2014, 09:17:25 pm »

Also, Side armor, Rear armor, or Top armor? Front armor forces a playstyle which I don't do, so... :P
Or should I get Fire Suppression? Or should I get Thermal optics? Baah so much to choose from... :D
Skyguard = top armor
everything else = side armor

Even for MBT I'd say side armor, because you're more worried about flanking or rear hits when in an MBT. in a lightning you're usually going to be moving around a lot and your front profile is fairly small anyways. If you're popping over ridges a lot with only your glacis plate showing then perhaps front armor is for you, but if that's the case you shouldn't be fighting other thanks in a lightning, your focus should be on lighter vehicles and infantry, IMO.

Wardo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9725 on: February 26, 2014, 08:16:27 pm »

The stalker cloak brought new life into this game for me. I hope it doesn't get nerfed. Being "invisible" allows for many, many opportunities for hilarity. The new Crossbow pistol works very well in low-population scenarios where you don't need nor want to fire a silenced pistol repeatedly (or worse yet, non-silenced), because with few people in the battle they'll track you by sound. There are very few people running flashlights in Mattherson, though vehicle radar will ruin the fun and that's sadly more common.

I'm a happy Infiltrator for now. I don't care about the battle, I don't care about certs, I just want to stab you in the back, shoot a bolt up your ass, lay some mines in your path and inhale the laughing gas.

Now, if only I could trade my secondary weapon for... a jet pack, and be an invisible flying stabby ninja!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9726 on: February 27, 2014, 12:17:19 am »

And change the tool for a katana.
And the medpack/mines for teleportation.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9727 on: February 27, 2014, 04:06:53 am »

Patch. ES Sniper Rifles!

The TR get an accurate burst-fire scout rifle, the VS get an ammo-less, drop-less, chargeable sniper rifle, and the NC get an OP version of an existing weapon.

A lot of attention has been on the Railjack since it has 850 m/s bullet velocity and is therefore basically hitscan, but testing the complete version of the TRAP-M1, I have to say, that gun is beastly too. It will be terrifying and aggravating to face. I am (almost) sure of this.

Also, they're giving new players a bunch of free stuff. Like, rank 1 MAX flak and kinetic armor, and rank 1 of the MAX ES ability, and a bunch of suit slots for every other class, not all of which are 1 cert, and some extra abilities, like stalker cloak, resist shield, drifter jets, and then they're also giving them the 750 cert semi-auto shotgun. And then the free gun from the class quiz. That's somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 certs worth of free stuff.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9728 on: February 27, 2014, 04:53:15 am »

Hmm.. maybe reroll new character then :D

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9729 on: February 27, 2014, 08:57:54 am »

I think this reply from the PS2 forum thread sums it up for me:

Battle Rifle buffs? You do care!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Wardo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9730 on: February 27, 2014, 10:02:38 am »

Oh my, it keeps getting better.

Since I'm TR at first I thought "oh, crap, burst rifle? It's going to be like the Prowler, but as an infantry...", then I remembered hardly anyone stands still out of cover these days so who cares about headshots, I'll gladly take easier double body-shots - if that's what this rifle delivers (fingers crossed).

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9731 on: February 27, 2014, 11:27:32 am »

I've just registered and I'm installing now, what should I do next?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9732 on: February 27, 2014, 11:39:57 am »

Pick a server, a side, and shoot the dudes who wear a different color than you.  Pick Blue if you like freedom and liberty, Red if you like oppression and tyranny, and Purple if you like alien hugging and spandex.  No, I'm not biased!

Really, though, there's now a "new player" quiz that picks a class you should like and gives you some free gear for it.  I'm not sure what that is, but you should do that and run with that class for a bit.  Read this if you want a lot of tips- note it is slanted toward NC, but mostly works for all empires.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9733 on: February 27, 2014, 12:36:09 pm »

I was going to grumble about new people getting stuff but oldbies not, but seems SOE aren't the total dicks we fought they were.

"•Existing players will have receive the additional loadout and any new items added to starter gear as part of the new loadouts"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9734 on: February 27, 2014, 01:34:57 pm »

SOE (at least the Planetside crew) earnestly seems to not want to be dicks.  See:  this, nixing the implant plan, the Flash Fury nerf postponement, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 826