Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089258 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #9780 on: March 03, 2014, 12:55:18 pm »

Feel free to take it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: March 03, 2014, 01:44:24 pm »

Getting tired of Libs...
1: Too meaty, 2 Burstermaxes can not take down a Lib HOVERING above them even with all their shots making hits, as soon as he smokes, he afterburns away and repairs just to return a few moments later.
2: The Dalton OHKO against ESFs, its getting too much, really. ONE good Lib Gunner can take down tons of ESFs even chasing down those he missed. This can be done easily Sololibbing...
3: Just has too much health, armour and damage output...

Edit 4: Their "Counter" is now prey...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 01:46:54 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: March 03, 2014, 01:56:56 pm »

Yeah, libs seem kinda "easymode". I gun for a friend occasionally and, even though I'm only decent at aiming and shooting, we still get insane loads of kills, incl. ESFs and Gals.

Really, the most effective counter is ramming with a fast Gal :D
(Or another liberator)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: March 03, 2014, 02:55:51 pm »

Lib is only easy farm if there is no AA present. Wich is when the fight is already won and you're camping a spawn, or small skirmishes. Either way liberator is pretty horrible, been nothing but nerfed since release. Anyone who thinks they're op probably needs a cup of l2p.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: March 03, 2014, 03:28:56 pm »

I don't kill many, but I sure chase them away quick with my Skyguard.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: March 03, 2014, 03:35:16 pm »

I guess there's two ways to judge things. One if from the view point of the individual of the zerg, In which magriders and libs are supposedly OP,
Then from the point of view of a coordinated group which chases away any lib if the pilot is good or shoot it down if he's not.

I don't kill many, but I sure chase them away quick with my Skyguard.
That happens mostly, but if you're alone and the lib guys are good then they tend to beat the skyguard simply because the skyguard can't kill it before it kills the skyguard.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: March 03, 2014, 03:37:13 pm »

Only if you don't spot them before they're on top of you. If you start shooting at a decent distance and the lib goes for you, the lib dies.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: March 03, 2014, 03:47:30 pm »

I take it you have never been shot out of the sky from BS across the map shots. Renderdistance that is.
Some pilots can ever solo these shots which is what the biggest load of BS is. I consider myself an ok Pilot, I have been moving around to keep my gun on the Lib at all times, if the Lib turns to come at me, I have to retreat cause the closer they are the HIGHER the chance of being hit by a flipdalton shot is. Keep my distance and the Lib still takes pot shots that have a low but devastating chance of hitting...

A charging Lib can decimate anything, Got a Sundy with two AA Turrets? One Tankbuster Clip and a Dalton will put you on flames before you get the Lib smoking. Second shot kills the Sundy. MBT? Tankbuster and Dalton is death, Skyguard, same. AA Tower Guns? Tankbuster and Dalton and your gone as well. Even before you can even put it to smoke...

Lib shot REALLY need to be effected by Gravity ALOT more then they do, it shouldn't be like a frekin sniper rifle across the map, not when it can decimate a ton of things with great effect...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: March 03, 2014, 04:45:01 pm »

You know what you don't have to do? Chase down dalton libs by yourself. Go grab some friends and come back.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: March 03, 2014, 05:56:14 pm »

So the railjack! I decided to try it out and even buy it, despite not having sniped in a very long time. This did not stop me from getting a clean headshot on my first shot fired however! I'm really liking the weapon so far, enough that I'm thinking of learning to snipe propperly. :)

Any of you guys have any useful tip for a newbie infiltrator sniper? Or thoughts on the railjack in general? I think I'll be able to use the advice hehe.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:58:23 pm by Jelle »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: March 03, 2014, 05:59:53 pm »

Be useful to your team

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: March 03, 2014, 06:09:30 pm »

The inverse squared law of AA in planetside at work. Two people are more than twice as powerful as one when using long range weapons, especially in the AA role. That's why you see the "melting" of air attacks in the game. It might have only been the difference of 4 people doing AA duty rather than 2, but it's far more effective. Once you have air defense up, you tend to keep it. At least until those heavies or turret monkeys get bored and do something else. Then the enemy gets air superiority that seems all out if proportion to the amount of people that stopped doing AA.

There is the slight problem that the Dalton is a long range, heavy hitting AoE weapon as well. Which means that the inverse squared law applies to them just as well as it does to AA (as well as having advantages of bombardment, cover denial and multi-target hits). So two libs are very good, while one is quite good. At least they tend to "cap out" on effectiveness. The problem being that the cap is "anything outside dies to 4 libs/daltons" and it can take only four good pilots to achieve that. Four people on AA duty can't stop them quickly enough. Even if your AA will take them out eventually, the damage is already done.

Basically, it's a slightly OP'd gun. So bring some friends with AA and whale on any liberator or all its worth. Just in case they bring in some of their friends shortly. You *need* that air dominance before it starts getting out of hand.
It's a game. Have fun.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: March 03, 2014, 06:16:08 pm »

Be useful to your team

No really?  ???

Anyway, what's the kind of accuracy that's considered normal when sniping? I managed 44% so far, but many of those were body shots.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: March 03, 2014, 06:17:06 pm »

Or spawn to the next base over and pull AA from there.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: March 03, 2014, 06:37:00 pm »

Yeah. But you do need a fair bit of it. Although, you and a friend could be that tipping point between "arrrgghhh, f'ing libs!" to "what aircraft? They melted", so it's still worthwhile doing.

Many of the problems is the single seater aspect of it. Libs aren't that OP'd with 3 people in them having the effect that they do. But you almost never see a 3 seater lib because they have the same effect with one or two people in it. More than most platforms, vehicles or weapons can have in the game for that player or area footprint.

There's a lot of weapons/platforms in the game that this applies to. They're all considered good or OP'd or have been nerfed down to reasonable levels. I don't really mind a game that has "balance of broken". There's always tactics or coordination to stop it. And you can't really claim that those things are broken because the game is balanced around them. So yeah. Bring friends. Even ones you didn't know a second ago.

Make sure they wear spandex.
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 826