Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089284 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10785 on: July 03, 2014, 04:29:43 pm »

I don't get why the VS hate their pistols so much, when they're practically identical to the NC ones. Manticore and Mag-Shot are literally copies. Cerberus is a Rebel that shoots slightly faster, but with slightly more damage falloff/projectile velocity -- is that all it takes to turn it to trash?

Beamer and Desperado are pretty similar as well, with the Beamer having better stats, but a much higher APM requirement. Given how much the VS seem to hate the Beamer, I'd imagine it takes more than flat nerfs and burst fire to make a god tier weapon?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10786 on: July 03, 2014, 06:30:13 pm »

Today I learned I suck with the Jackhammer! Only 3 bursts before reloading + small spread = lots of downtime, not enough shells in the clip to down more than one opponent.

Here's hoping extended mags helps me out here, but this might just not be a fit for me because my aim is pretty bad. Dat hand-eye coordination is hard.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10787 on: July 03, 2014, 06:53:36 pm »

Try single fire mode. Two shots are enough to kill in close quarters if you get at least one headshot I think.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10788 on: July 03, 2014, 07:01:05 pm »

You know what...Time to get myself a new F2P FPS to hopefully sink a lot of time into, TF2 was a fun ride but it's over at this point.
So yeah, Imma gonna grab me this game right now. Coming over from TF2 with ~700-some hours of experience (...I know that I'm comparing apples and oranges, shutup), how much am I going to suck in the first hours?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10789 on: July 03, 2014, 07:10:14 pm »

As much as when you discover the tutorial throws newbies straight into the battlefield in drop pods.

It's a death sentence in so much as it could be your first blaze of glory.

But you don't know the terrain.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10790 on: July 03, 2014, 07:16:57 pm »

You may have to learn how to compensate for recoil, I don't remember if TFC or TF2 have it, and it's a pretty big factor in PS2's guns (Unless you're TR huahahhwauha)

The shooting isn't what you have to worry about sucking at though, it's knowing when a fight is futile, knowing how the lattices and such work, knowing some strategies such as gal dropping. When you first start look try to find a squad that has voice comms.
As much as when you discover the tutorial throws newbies straight into the battlefield in drop pods.
If the test server is anything to go by, that has changed. I haven't made a second character on the main server though so I'm not sure if it's still the case.

Tell us what server/faction/username you decide on, and someone there may be able to help in-game

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10791 on: July 03, 2014, 07:24:09 pm »

how much am I going to suck in the first hours?

Probably horribly. This game isn't terribly friendly to beginners.

Stay off Indar, it's horrible, avoid any fights where your faction is horribly outnumbered, and when in doubt shooting is better than not shooting.

And remember, the BR90+ guy who shoots you will probably feel really guilty about it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10792 on: July 03, 2014, 07:27:20 pm »

That's certainly some heartwarming tips to have.
Also I'm at 3% of the download right now...

Well, guess I'm leaving the PC on for longer than usual. Like, all day.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10793 on: July 03, 2014, 07:34:49 pm »

Finding good fights is an important skill in PS2. Definitely keep in mind that you can just go somewhere else, pretty much every time you respawn. So if you're not accomplishing much, don't hesitate to go elsewhere.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10794 on: July 03, 2014, 07:54:41 pm »

Finding good fights is an important skill in PS2. Definitely keep in mind that you can just go somewhere else, pretty much every time you respawn. So if you're not accomplishing much, don't hesitate to go elsewhere.
Preferably in an ESF (Empire specific Fighter [air unit]).

Makes everything more fun when you're cruising in the air.
...But it should preferably be friendly airspace you're moving through (if you can't respawn to a nicer area) or else getting shot down is...
And remember, the BR90+ guy who shoots you will probably feel really guilty about it.
Mostly like this.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10795 on: July 04, 2014, 09:20:30 am »

First 2 hours of play...And it's incredibly easy for me to get stuck and keep wandering around, though I've been joining random squads or just dropping into instant action if that happens (or using the squad deploy option).
I've been playing mostly as a NC Combat Medic on Ceres, Esamir, because clearly I am not fit for fighting directly. Plus reviving and healing people is fun to me. Though things have been mostly calm but it's probably for the best.

Overall a fun experience, save for the occassional "Where the fuck am I" moments and my inability to fight properly.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10796 on: July 04, 2014, 10:52:21 am »

Esamir is usually the least populated continent. Also, if you find yourself wandering aimlessly, just hit the redeploy button (default is delete key) and deploy to a base where there's action (indicated by explosions on the map).

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10797 on: July 04, 2014, 12:03:01 pm »

And dont forget to upgrade that applicator a few times.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10798 on: July 04, 2014, 01:16:13 pm »

(I already upgraded it once.)

Okay, so when I left off, we locked down Esamir but I got my ass kicked deeply on Amerish which we unlocked from the TR in the process of locking Esamir (didn't bother visiting Hossin and dem Terrans locked down Indar).

Also NC's music is the most badass thing ever. Just saying.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10799 on: July 04, 2014, 01:19:59 pm »

Yeah, kudos for picking the correct faction ;)

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 826