Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089559 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10815 on: July 06, 2014, 09:13:49 pm »

Dont the attachments unlock for that weapon?

I mean, engies and light assaults normally can get the same guns, are they shared between them?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10816 on: July 06, 2014, 09:20:55 pm »

click on the various cert tabs and they expand into the old cert view, showing all the stats per level. Better?
Yes. Clicking 'them' wasn't very specific, but that cleared it up =p

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10817 on: July 06, 2014, 09:22:47 pm »

SOE decided to refund me fully. I even get to keep the stuff I bought.

All is right in the world, everyone is happy, etc. etc.

But still, don't buy attachments for SC.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10818 on: July 07, 2014, 02:17:08 am »

Good to hear as ill need to contact cust serv to refund an attachment

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10819 on: July 07, 2014, 07:51:40 pm »

I'm looking at the official forums and damn, vanu can't stop complaining about their pistol. Charge up lasher type area damage shot? Complain until it gets changed to a charged burst mode (because the lasher and ppa are so terrible.) Then complain even more and suggest really outrageous things like:

It's silly because that guy is asking for a pistol that either does 500 damage with the first (single) shot, has the effect of an emp grenade, a 'root spell' from fantasy games, or a close range sniper rifle.

Charge mechanics aren't necessarily bad; in fact they can be very good if the shot is powerful. A good example of this is back in the old Legends of Might and Magic game. One of the cheaper purchaseable weapons with ingame gold was the charge rod. At full charge it did area damage and one direct hit killed all but the heaviest armored players. The charge could be held indefinitely and it was blatantly overpowered. It was still very strong after the charge could not be held indefinitely as you could pop out and blast that charge down a narrow hallway.

Basically if the charge shot is too strong, it makes the weapon better than all alternatives. As much as the VS love their stronger weapons, and who can blame them, weapons like this really need to be balanced carefully and I for one am glad to see they may be erroring on the side of caution.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 07:57:06 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10820 on: July 07, 2014, 07:54:53 pm »

Remember, Vanu don't use something unless it's hilariously overpowered.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10821 on: July 07, 2014, 08:04:40 pm »

While that's not always true, it does hold out for a lot of VS it seems. Think of how many people primarily use Orion/Lancer HAs compared to how many high BR VS snipers or battle rife users you see. Maybe it's because the Orion user doing adadad is my bane with my fps dips in big fights making it unlikely I'll be able to track them while I'm being pingpingpingping headshot to death in a second or less but in my non-scientific judgement it's use seems to be quite popular even by high BRs.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10822 on: July 08, 2014, 04:16:55 am »

Remember, Vanu don't use something unless it's hilariously overpowered.

*cough* PPA *cough* (and then they complain when it isn't hilariously overpowered)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10823 on: July 08, 2014, 04:35:53 am »

Flare gun?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10824 on: July 08, 2014, 07:35:34 am »

TR get a hilariously bad sniper rifle.
NC gets a sniper rifle with a shot delay.
VS gets a sniper rifle that does not require reloading and can be both semi auto and bolt action at the players discretion.

TR gets a rocket launcher that requires maintaining the lock or else the rockets commit seppuku. lately got nefed even further my a massive sut to lockon range.
NC gets a launcher that semi usable in all situations but heavily depends on player skill to control it.
VS gets a freaking anti tank rifle usable on all ranges and situations that don't require arcing over terrain because its almost hitscan, recently made even stronger (in comparison) by the massive nerfs to lockon rocket AI so they no longer maneuver around obstacles and fly straight into the side of a hill or tree.

TR gets a minigun (probably the only good thing about TR after the latest reworks)
NC gets a shotgun (yay)
VS gets a miniature PPA.

I kinda wish that SOE just gives up on the ES weapons and just sell reskinned versions of them to other factions so my TR heavy can run around shelling everything with HE autocannon rounds (Fired from a reskinned Lasher) and shoot everything harder with hyper velocity rockets (A reskinned Lancer).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 07:41:08 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10825 on: July 08, 2014, 11:09:34 am »

Being someone who always plays a sniper, I wanted to join the Vanu so badly. Unfortunately, all my Planetside-playing buddies are in NC...

That and "'MURICA, HELL YEA" were pretty much my reasons for going NC. I'm still a huge noob, though, so I guess what rifle I use doesn't really matter.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10826 on: July 08, 2014, 03:58:48 pm »

What server?

And the NC snipers arent that bad.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10827 on: July 08, 2014, 04:53:48 pm »

I remember when the Railjack (The NC sniper rifle that has the shot delay in favor of insane muzzle velocity) first came out it was (apparently) awesome, but its muzzle velocity got nerfed almost immediately so there was no reason to pick it over any of the other snipers. I don't play sniper myself, just going by what I heard in faction talky stuff.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10828 on: July 08, 2014, 11:37:11 pm »

What server?

And the NC snipers arent that bad.
Emerald, and yeah, they're not awful, but I find myself getting killed pretty often by Vanu snipers who don't even aim for the head. They just pop me in the body 2-3 times in quick succession and I flop over.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10829 on: July 08, 2014, 11:56:44 pm »

Scout rifles are so annoying that way :|

Or are they battle rifles? Anyhap.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 826