Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: For Glory and Adamantine: Steelbeard II (34.11) OVERSEER LOTTO ACTIVE  (Read 22885 times)

DrunkenCaveOgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: For Glory and Adamantine: Steelbeard II (34.11) Year 1 done!
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2012, 07:53:21 pm »

So should I just start my turn then from Crazy Cow's save?

Go ahead. You can use the extra year bonus if you want to or just finish up the year.

I'd like a turn if the position is still open. If not, disregard.

You're on the list.

Ok, I might just finish up the turn though because Ive been pretty busy lately

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2012, 12:34:54 pm »

Good luck!
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2012, 02:37:23 pm »

What a shame. sculleywr was doing a great job, too, writing and all. Sucks about your friend, man, hope he's alright.

DrunkenCaveOgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2012, 04:43:32 pm »

Sorry about the wait, found some extra time today so heres the update:

Official Journal Entries of DrunkenCaveOgre, Overseer of Steelbeard and Plump Helmet Grower

17th of Galena

Crazy Cow was running around screaming about something out to get him. Normally I could care less but I really needed to talk to him about the shortage of plump helmet spawn. After I confronted him, he told me that the slugs were out to get him.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He saw one in his bedroom the other day and today he found one in his workshop. Apparently theres the giant conspiracy to remove him from the position of overseer and THE SLUGS are behind it all. What a load of crud He probably just wants out of all the work. The lazy bum. Well, hes given me the responsibility of overseer. Steelbeard's future now rests in my hands. Armok help us.

I never really took a good look around here. Now I realize what a clusterfuck it is. Changes must be made, and I will start by changing the schedule of our military. They used to train every month or so, now training will be 24/7. They'll keep training until they like it. If they dont, well thats not my problem.

DrunkenCaveOgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2012, 05:29:16 pm »

Dwarf passed away today. Died of thirst. On top of the drink stockpile. Idiot. About time we get around to building a cemetary though. Oh, and we dont even have a hospital? This is the worst place for dwarven healthcare.

Official Journal Entries of DrunkenCaveOgre, Overseer of Steelbeard and Plump Helmet Grower

22nd of Galena

A thief was spotted outside our fort by a hauler. The filthy bastard, our military drove him off but now our ground is tainted with its ilk.

Another thief today, this time INSIDE our fort. Disgusting.

And now a third thief. It tried stabbing one of our haulers but his pig tail fiber cloak was too strong and its attack was deflected.

A fourth one!? These guys are going all out.

STOP IT!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2012, 05:37:20 pm »

Now I take offense to that healthcare bit! Spearbreakers has made a visit to it's hospital the equivalent of a death sentence!

And enough self promoting. Those thives seem awefully persistant.... Expect the worst.

DrunkenCaveOgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2012, 05:47:53 pm »

Now I take offense to that healthcare bit! Spearbreakers has made a visit to it's hospital the equivalent of a death sentence!

And enough self promoting. Those thives seem awefully persistant.... Expect the worst.

Ha, well unless you want dwarves to start rotting in the hallways...because thats whats going on right now  :P

Also, would anyone like to be dwarfed? Only about 6 dwarves have names and I wouldnt mind getting a little more personal with these guys

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2012, 05:49:19 pm »

If I don't have one, I'd like to join the milita please.

I feel more usful using a sword on goblins and elves than making trinkets and boxes.

DrunkenCaveOgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2012, 07:12:01 pm »

24th of Limestone

The fortress is running low on meat, the butcher has been slaughtering animals all day. We can only hope that the food will last until the next caravan. In the meantime, because we are plentiful in gold and silver the blacksmith has started to create some fine metal statues to decorate our halls

16th of Sandstone

Migrants have arrived and food is still running low. We need that next caravan.

I was able to squeeze in a small update, Ill try and finish up tomorrow

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2012, 02:24:11 pm »

If I don't have one, I'd like to join the milita please.

I feel more usful using a sword on goblins and elves than making trinkets and boxes.

If I remember correctly, you're already the commander.
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2012, 05:23:01 pm »

Awesome. And if anyone has the balls to give me a spoilerite hammer, I'll shove it squarly up your ass and beat you with a chair instead.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2012, 12:06:36 am »

hmmm... not to knock ya around or anything, DrunkenCaveOgre, but your updates seem a little... bare? could use some more description, words & such in there to flesh out the storyline. Otherwise we're left guessing.

DrunkenCaveOgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2012, 12:54:04 am »

hmmm... not to knock ya around or anything, DrunkenCaveOgre, but your updates seem a little... bare? could use some more description, words & such in there to flesh out the storyline. Otherwise we're left guessing.

Yeah sorry, I admit I am rushing this succesion a bit due to the lack of time recently. i plan on staying up tonight to finish my turn, will be sure to flesh out my update
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:02:06 am by DrunkenCaveOgre »

DrunkenCaveOgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2012, 01:59:45 am »

Official Journal Entries of DrunkenCaveOgre, Overseer of Steelbeards and Plump Helmet Grower

10th of Timber

A group of monkeys have been terrorizing the fortress. Theyre just hanging out at the entrance, stalking our haulers. I think the dwarves might have some monkeyphobia because they refuse to go out there and do their job. Our newest edition to the fortress, a hunter named Erith, has been dispatched to rid us of the vermin. I hope he doesnt take long, we need to bring that wood inside.

12th of Timber

Praise Armok! The caravan has arrived, and with a large supply of meats and drink! Ive ordered all the bins full of stone crafts stored out back to be traded off. Corai let each dwarf handpick their food of choice, he tells me that merchants will be making a nice profit either way. I saw a child take a barrel of tick ichor to his room....Id rather not think about it.

18th of Timber

Steelbeard's two prized miners, Straw and aussieevil, confronted me today. Apparently the other two miners Sazir and Adil havent been helping with the mining at all since they arrived. Upon questioning they tell me they were never given a pick to mine with. That means, for over A YEAR they have been wasting our resources and watching the other dwarves carry furniture twice their size single-handedly to and fro. The two "miners" werent punished though. I know I wouldve done the same. They have been assigned to cut gems to increase our wealth

26th of Timber

"Shes did it!", Splint told me. "She finally did it!" Who is she? I asked. "My wife Shorast! All season long my wife obsessed over some crazy idea for a crown, said she'd go insane if it wasnt brought to life! She finished it today and its amazing!" I took a look at this crown, its a piece worthy for the head of any noble, even the king himself

Apologies im alot more weary than i expected, ill finish up the turn and post up the save first thing in the morning
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 02:05:39 am by DrunkenCaveOgre »

DrunkenCaveOgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2012, 11:13:38 am »

26th of Timber

The new bedrooms are complete, hopefully now the dwarves will stop pestering me about sleeping on the ground. Also, the child of a brewer has finally grown into a dwarf. Though we have a large labor force, one of the few things we dont have is a weaver. He has been assigned to restore our silk and yarn cloth supply

1st of Moonstone

Winter, and the miners finished mining our new cemetary. 12 coffins have been placed and are now ready to hold bodies though there is more than enough space if the time calls for it. South of that, a pet cemetary has also been added by popular demand(Actually it was just Muthkat worried about his cat).

The hospital is also in the works. One day Steelbeard will have decent healthcare, I promise that!

19th of Moonstone

A member of the DaBoyz, Datan, gave birth to a girl recently. All I can say is that Im worried. I pray the baby doesnt get carried into battle to see war first-hand

26th of Moonstone

One of the smelters gave birth to a child. The fort can always use more children she tells me. Personally, I thought 31 was fine. Seriously though, these dwarves need to stop sporing on the first date

9th of Opal

My office has been flooding with complaints about our fisherdwarves. Ive been told that theyve gone crazy. Yesterday  I took a peek at the fishers. They were staring blankly at the frozen stream. At least I thought. I honestly dont know what to say:

Fishing in solid ice? Theyre persistent, Ill give em that much
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:16:08 am by DrunkenCaveOgre »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11