Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 655040 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The most faaaabulous pikachu
« Reply #3390 on: July 17, 2014, 02:06:12 pm »

Goomy is pure Dragon

Yeah I remembered right. Odd that they didn't make it a Dragon/Water Pokémon...

*Checks Pokémon Chart*

Ohh I see, that would make Goomy non-weak to Ice. That is why it isn't a water type in spite essentially being a water type.

It also explains why Dragons are generally ground or flying if they add another type ontop. Legendary pokemon not withstanding.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:11:14 pm by Neonivek »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: July 17, 2014, 09:20:02 pm »

There are plenty of dragons that aren't weak to ice. Dialga being one of them. Reshiram, Kyurem, Mega Charizard X, Kingdra, etc.

A 2x weakness to ice isn't a particularly big deal for some dragons. For example, Goodra can tank a hell of a lot of non-stab ice beams because of its insane special defense.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: July 17, 2014, 09:31:39 pm »

There are plenty of dragons that aren't weak to ice. Dialga being one of them. Reshiram, Kyurem, Mega Charizard X, Kingdra, etc.

A 2x weakness to ice isn't a particularly big deal for some dragons. For example, Goodra can tank a hell of a lot of non-stab ice beams because of its insane special defense.

Let me see here!

Legendary, Legendary, Megavolution, and... ohh not a legendary!

We have one.

Though sorry I still believe that Goodra's typing is only there to game the system... because giving it a water in addition to Dragon would make it too strong. Not that I think I couldn't be wrong, after all there are plenty of pokemon that delve heavily in other types without crossing over such as most Dragon Types with Fire... so Goodra essentially can just be the reverse of dragons who breathe fire and instead breathe water (Except Goodra can breathe fire too)

And yeah it would be way too good. Only being weak (and mildly so) to Dragons and Fairy pokemon and is 4x strong to fire and water AND can decide to just be immune to grass if so desired (though I wonder if its other abilities would be better under those circumstances)... At least when it comes to the games meta.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:40:38 pm by Neonivek »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: July 17, 2014, 10:02:13 pm »

It's Dragon type. Half of them are legendaries. The other half are pseudolegendaries. Even Goodra is a pseudolegendary. The only ones that aren't special are Tyrantum, Noivern, Dragalge, Druddigon, Kingdra, and Flygon.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: July 17, 2014, 10:08:17 pm »

I meant Dragon/water xD instead of just dragon xD

Of which the dragons are: Dragon/Flying, Dragon/Ground, Dragon/Ground, and Metal/Psychic, with ANOTHER Dragon/ground for good measure.

Though with Fairy types in the game I expect more Dragon/Dark pokemon, Since they are 4x weak to fairy.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:14:32 pm by Neonivek »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: July 17, 2014, 10:19:04 pm »

There's two dragon / water types.

I really have no clue what you're complaining about. Even if you're wondering why Goodra a slime dragon isn't water type, all the other slime pokemon in the game are poison type with the exception of ditto which is normal type.

Nor would it change anything competitively. Goodra has insane special defense which gives it a massive edge against any special attack even if it's supereffective. However, it does this by having really shitty defense. Its biggest weaknesses are toxic and big physical attacks. A water typing changes none of these. Right now it dies in one hit to a STAB earthquake, which it isn't even weak to. A superpower from Hydreigon would OHKO it too, and that isn't even a STAB move. In fact, someone like Clyoster or Avalugg could still OHKO water / dragon Goodra with their ice moves.

The only thing that water typing would give Goodra is the fact that its brine would do 50% more damage, making hydration Goodra a bit more useful as you could combine it with the rain for +100% damage to brine.

------------------

I just noticed that Mega Sceptile has lightningrod and is now also a dragon type.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: July 17, 2014, 10:43:10 pm »

Yea, I still prefer my non mega sceptile though.  My char can mega, set up the sun, and let sceptile solar beam all day, and hit even harder with a focus sash giving the last solar beam a nice big overgrow boost.  Or in doubles or triples use grass-fire pledge, under the sun to assassinate anything not resistant to fire, and some things that are.

It can't do that without char's free sun before turn 1 though, and it also might as well not have overgrow if it's never going to live anything.  I also ended up really hating Dragon this gen, it needed a nerf, but now there's too much stuff able to shut them down cold.

(Of course I much prefer triples over any other battle mode, and nobody takes triples seriously, so take with salt.)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: July 17, 2014, 10:51:27 pm »

Well, they kinda deserve it. Haha.

Fighting types got shat on hard too.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: July 17, 2014, 11:19:14 pm »

Not a complaint Goodra is by far no where CLOSE to being bad when it comes to its bazaar typing.

Just saying that from my point of view it is likely the reason Goodra isn't a dragon/water type is just because that would make it too good. That really is it, I am just observing.

The game REALLY hates newcomers though sometimes with some pokemon... but Goodra falls under "A pokemon where the quirk is its odd typing" rather then "A pokemon with typing, role, and appearance are all completely unrelated to each other"
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:21:54 pm by Neonivek »

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: July 18, 2014, 05:05:24 pm »

It's Dragon type. Half of them are legendaries. The other half are pseudolegendaries. Even Goodra is a pseudolegendary. The only ones that aren't special are Tyrantum, Noivern, Dragalge, Druddigon, Kingdra, and Flygon.

Altaria is pleased to not have been ranked with those losers. :P

(Weird how nobody remembers the Tweety bird riding in a cloud is really a majestic dragon, innit?)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: July 18, 2014, 05:30:21 pm »

Altaria is pleased to not have been ranked with those losers. :P

(Weird how nobody remembers the Tweety bird riding in a cloud is really a majestic dragon, innit?)
Pffft that stupid bird thing shouldn't even be classified in the same range!

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: July 18, 2014, 05:32:15 pm »

Has anyone thought about how Mega Sceptile has gained a partial advantage over the other two? Dragon resists fire, so Blaziken's STABs are neutralised, and Swampert... Well. Unless he's got rain on his side, he's getting one-shotted.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: July 18, 2014, 05:52:45 pm »

Alteria though to me falls under the "Intentionally odd typing" category.

That and it is likely more obvious in Folklore.

You want to get pokemon that look nothing like their types you have to go into steel/??? pokemon.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: July 18, 2014, 07:23:51 pm »

Has anyone thought about how Mega Sceptile has gained a partial advantage over the other two? Dragon resists fire, so Blaziken's STABs are neutralised, and Swampert... Well. Unless he's got rain on his side, he's getting one-shotted.
Blaziken has two STABs and also access to brave bird. Even if Sceptile can resist fire, he will still die in one flare blitz due to how fragile he is.

Swampert will die though, unless Mega Swampert gets sap sipper or something, which would be hilarious and overpowered like hell.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: July 18, 2014, 07:56:33 pm »

Blaziken has two STABs and also access to brave bird. Even if Sceptile can resist fire, he will still die in one flare blitz due to how fragile he is.

Swampert will die though, unless Mega Swampert gets sap sipper or something, which would be hilarious and overpowered like hell.
But Umi, he's asking about Mega-Sceptile, totally different gameplay there, as in Grass/Dragon different.
yes Bravebird still has advantage by type... but keep in mind Mega-Evolutions do change the Base stats from only slightly to completely changing how the pokemon operates.

As for my reply: Until we know stats boosts of Mega-Swampert and Mega-Sceptile for certain, we won't be able to properly answer this question.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 463