Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 654971 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: We Tekken now
« Reply #3690 on: October 01, 2014, 12:47:08 pm »

Super Sized Pumkaboo with Halloween themed moveset being wifi distributed in the US and Europe from today through October 31st. It can have the hidden ability of Insomnia not normally available for Super Sized Pumpkaboos and is required to use to participate in the Trick-or-Treat Friendly Battle Competition.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:12:15 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: October 01, 2014, 01:02:16 pm »

Thanks for posting about distributions Furtuka, it's really helpful for me!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: October 01, 2014, 03:37:55 pm »

Super Sized Pumkaboo with Halloween themed moveset being wifi distributed in the US and Europe from today through October 31st. It can have the hidden ability of Insomnia not normally available for Super Sized Pumpkaboos and is required to use to participate in the Trick-or-Treat Friendly Battle Competition.
I just wanna point somethings out:
1) I think any Super-sized Gourgeist is required. But I know the required pokemon is a Super-Size Gourgeist
2) The Pumpkaboo is level 50 and otherwise has randomized stats all around, even ability, but yes it can be obtained with Insomnia (for me though it was always female so no idea on gender) just us ethe tpycial save-and-retry method.

I point these out as I refuse to evolve my Pumkaboo because Gourgeist is extremely ugly to me, especially Super-sized so I refuse to even obtain one. But i love pumpkins so Pumpkaboo is a must-have for me. lol

--------------------------------------
IT HAS HAPPENED! MEGA RAYQUAZA!
Serebii.net confirms!
It's honestly ugly as sin but I'mma so USE!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 06:21:18 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: October 02, 2014, 06:55:10 pm »

Edit @ 16:02: Mega Rayquaza has been revealed. It has a new ability called Delta Stream which creates a new weather effect that removes weather and makes moves of a type that Flying-type Pokémon are usually weak to will only deal normal damage to any Flying-type Pokémon in the battle. It lasts as long as Rayquaza is in battle
Edit @ 16:08: Trailer also shows a move called Dragon Ascent which is said to be the most powerful Flying-type move
16:14: Added Pre-Release Screenshots featuring Mega Rayquaza
16:16: The reason why Mega Rayquaza is a Mega Evolution and not a Primal Reversion is to be explained in the story. It will also Mega Evolve through a way different to other Pokémon

Ohai Mega Rayquaza

Spoiler: Fancy Smancy Lore (click to show/hide)

I gotta say I like its design. Particularly the trailing orange strings. The jaws a bit too big but it has an interesting effect when viewed from different perspectives.
It's FEF, not FEOF

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: October 02, 2014, 10:47:27 pm »

Looks very strong. I guess it's going to render rock-type normal damage? That's a pretty nice buff.

I always thought Rayquaza was the derpiest of the three weather legendaries. In a straight up 1v1 battle against either of them it'd get wrecked. I never understood how the bloody hell it was supposed to be the one to control them given it'd die in one hit to either Groudon's stone edge or Kyogre's ice beam.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: October 02, 2014, 11:16:54 pm »

Oh man, it has giant pincer jaws now.

EDIT: Oh man, its new weather effect removes its 4x ice weakness. I do believe that ability is a Good Thing.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:39:45 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: October 03, 2014, 12:00:18 am »

Oh man, that thing looks awesome. And it doesn't seem to be version-exclusive either :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: October 03, 2014, 12:13:22 am »

people called their tormentors Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre

Honestly this sort of naming convention has always bugged me from a temporal Standpoint and the only other story I can think of that did a similar weirdness was Diablo 3.

Because in Diablo 3 the progeny of a angel and demon is named a Nephilim, it is essentially an ancient name for human. Except it isn't, a depowered Nephilim is called a human... Which doesn't make sense because that is something people in the present would name the distinction. Nephilim would have still considered themselves Nephilim and human would just be a new word they eventually used to refer to themselves (Afterall language evolves).

THIS, however, makes no sense because "Primal Groudon" only makes sense if it is an altered form of Groudon that people are aware of. Yet to them this is Groudon and Kyogre because they aren't aware of anything different... Naming them Primal Groudon only makes sense if one does it in the future when they already lost their Primal forms.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: October 03, 2014, 12:39:48 am »

I think the key here is the sentence right beforehand that says " transformation was named by later people "Primal Reversion."

It might just be things being wacky as you said, but this seems to indicate to me that the written up bit might just be worded weirdly.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: October 03, 2014, 12:45:30 am »

I think it is just that you aren't meant to read it as closely as what I written and just accept that for some odd reason they actually called them "Primal Groudon" and Pokémon never took itself seriously enough for it to matter.

I mean the only other explanation I guess is if Primal Groudon even back then just didn't stay in Groudon form, it only did that when it rampaged. Though... in a world where everything is Primal... >_< DANG IT brain!!! stop reading so closely!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:48:45 am by Neonivek »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: October 03, 2014, 09:31:03 am »

Oh man, it has giant pincer jaws now.

EDIT: Oh man, its new weather effect removes its 4x ice weakness. I do believe that ability is a Good Thing.
Not just its 4x Ice weakness.  It removes its partner's (if doubles) or partners' (if triples) weaknesses, too, which is going to be almost as entertaining in doubles and triples as Groudon's and Kyogre's abilities.  Let's see, now, that will include Talonflame, Dragonite, Thundurus, Tornadus, Landorus...oh, and Lugia, the Great Wall.  Hilarity shall doubtless ensue. ^_^

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: October 03, 2014, 10:43:04 am »

Is it actually ice or rock?

It won't actually mean shit for pokemon matches though, since only you'd basically have to play uber-class matches to use it.

Still, at least he has a good ability now.

Can you imagine if someone like Pigeot got that as a hidden ability? It'd rocket it straight up to OU. I only say this because IIRC the pokedex would talk about how it could create hurricanes and stuff.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: October 03, 2014, 11:20:56 am »

Both.  It neutralizes all of the Pokemon's flying-type weaknesses - Ice, Rock, and Electric.  It doesn't seem to actually affect the weaknesses of other secondary types the Pokemon may have, though, judging by the livestream (though all I could find was this one with a *really* annoying English-speaking person chattering all over the original sounds and commentary...).  An Abomasnow's Ice shard still played the super-effective sound, which could be expected considering how Solid Rock and other such moves work, and took off around half its health, where that would only make sense for a 2x weakness using regular Rayquaza as a baseline (4x is a KO, neutral is around 23-28%). 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:22:43 am by Culise »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: October 03, 2014, 01:24:33 pm »

Oh shit. So it knocks out ice, rock, and electric?

Jesus that's strong.

Holy fuck, Gliscor would be fucking ultra bullshit in a doubles battle if he gets paired with Mega Rayquaza.

Mega Rayquaza + Gliscor + Ho-oh = GGWP GO NEXT NO RE

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: October 03, 2014, 03:14:31 pm »

The Grand Dragon arrives. Praise Rayquaza. Fear his wrath.
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 463