Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 15, 2012, 02:31:16 am

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.05A) [Antmen]  (Read 47207 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.03.2A)[More .03.X bugfixes]
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2012, 01:59:22 pm »

I would definetly give them a 1x1 workshop that looks like a tree, is called: Tree-Wall, Wall-Tree, Root-Wall or anything like it, requires one seed to build, and can be used as walls ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Re: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.03.2A)[More .03.X bugfixes]
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2012, 02:03:07 pm »

Also, if you've played with Satyrs, you may have noticed they're all males. I've fixed that for the next update lol

Maybe give them dimorphism?  Like making the females nymphs, which were basically the female equivalent of satyrs/fauns.
lol Hugo and I were discussing that a little while ago:
[10:22:13 AM] Hugo the Dwarf: I was thinking satyrs would be all male, but dyads would be the females
'ere the Chias get hungry...

jackbod

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:KOBOLD]
    • View Profile
Re: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.04A)
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2012, 11:15:48 am »

Antmen next?
One often meets his own destiny on the path he takes to avoid it

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2012, 01:10:41 pm »

Antmen next?
Mmmm I was thinking about it. Ik I should probably get humans/goblins/kobolds playable eventually. I'm not sure what Antmen would specialize in though.

jackbod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2012, 02:53:56 pm »

Specidic duties, ants in real life have there own specific duties so if you make workers good at most work related tasks paticularly herbalism but awful at everething else you funnel your player along a challenge of getting the correct castes when they are neccesery queens are the only caste that can have babies nurses are incredibly good doctors but are fragile as hell, a type of livestock could be aphids ( real life ants actually do herd these small bugs like we would dairy cows) Soldiers should be tough but have no natural fighting skills to make it feel less cheap and another big factor is how ants give birth there population grows and grows and grows sometimes hundreds in a single laying obviously this would need to be toned dwon to prevent FPS !!FUN!! so maybe max of... 20 at a time? ants are adapted to work not to live long you wont get to attached to your ants they die quickly and can be easily sliced in half (the soldier ant is just as tough as your average dwarf with a bit of chitin guarding the main portion of his upper and lower body with all other ants being weak as crap!) the player realy must learn to adapt his style of play to survive in the ants world. Just a few ideas I wanted to contribute

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2012, 02:59:11 pm »

Specidic duties, ants in real life have there own specific duties so if you make workers good at most work related tasks paticularly herbalism but awful at everething else you funnel your player along a challenge of getting the correct castes when they are neccesery queens are the only caste that can have babies nurses are incredibly good doctors but are fragile as hell, a type of livestock could be aphids ( real life ants actually do herd these small bugs like we would dairy cows) Soldiers should be tough but have no natural fighting skills to make it feel less cheap and another big factor is how ants give birth there population grows and grows and grows sometimes hundreds in a single laying obviously this would need to be toned dwon to prevent FPS !!FUN!! so maybe max of... 20 at a time? ants are adapted to work not to live long you wont get to attached to your ants they die quickly and can be easily sliced in half (the soldier ant is just as tough as your average dwarf with a bit of chitin guarding the main portion of his upper and lower body with all other ants being weak as crap!) the player realy must learn to adapt his style of play to survive in the ants world. Just a few ideas I wanted to contribute
Oh wow...Thank you very much, that helps a lot! :D

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2012, 03:38:09 pm »

How about Merfolk as another civ? Then you could more easily make merfolk bone crafts, but first they would need the [Amphibious] tag.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2012, 04:10:05 pm »

How about Merfolk as another civ? Then you could more easily make merfolk bone crafts, but first they would need the [Amphibious] tag.
Hmm yeah, I'll save that in my notes :) But right now I'm working on Antmen, and they're coming along nicely. Also, with Drones, I was thinking about giving their mouth a material with a syndrome that makes the target dizzy, so you'd want mostly Ant Soldiers with a few Ant Drones.
Nvm, drones are medics :P
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 05:06:47 pm by Toxicshadow »

jackbod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2012, 05:17:39 pm »

Glad to help! My mind is full of ideas I just struggle to put them onto dwarf fortress =)

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2012, 05:29:45 pm »

Glad to help! My mind is full of ideas I just struggle to put them onto dwarf fortress =)
You may not be able to put them on DF, but this thread is always here :P lol
(I'd even take ideas for things unrelated to this mod, the more practice modding I can get, the better)

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2012, 06:00:21 pm »

What about High Elves?
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2012, 06:32:03 pm »

What about High Elves?
Ehhh this isn't really a TES mod. I don't think there's a big need for any more asshole hippies Elves...

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2012, 02:04:46 am »

New crazy idea! Nymphs should have special attack that makes male opponent dizzy. Kind of "seduction aura" (cloud) or "inviting glance" (target within line of sight)  :D

Also, minor bug:

[POSITION:RANGER_CAPTAIN]
     [APPOINTED_BY:RANGER_COMMANDER]

and I added [RESPONSIBILITY:MANAGE_PRODUCTION] to elven expedition leader, just to make someone do the job
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:43:26 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2012, 09:17:50 am »

New crazy idea! Nymphs should have special attack that makes male opponent dizzy. Kind of "seduction aura" (cloud) or "inviting glance" (target within line of sight)  :D

Also, minor bug:

[POSITION:RANGER_CAPTAIN]
     [APPOINTED_BY:RANGER_COMMANDER]

and I added [RESPONSIBILITY:MANAGE_PRODUCTION] to elven expedition leader, just to make someone do the job
lol Can I make it a bite attack too? lololol

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2012, 09:26:48 am »

lol Can I make it a bite attack too? lololol

lol!
"Nymph bites McDwarf in the upper body. Lust venom is injected into McDwarf's veins! McDwarf feels dizzy"

And hey, Nymphs shouldn't have horns and hooves! They have completely human bodies.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19