Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Feudal Adventure 2! The Adventuring!  (Read 2273 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Feudal Adventure 2! The Adventuring!
« on: July 02, 2012, 12:46:16 pm »

As chosen by the people, Feudal Adventure rises forth. The basics of the game are the same as last time, but please read the OP due to slight reductions in base stats.

First name:
Distribution of points: (see spoilers, and please also spoiler yours).
Height: (Everyone was smaller then, so if you are thinking in modern heights, subtract a foot everywhere).

Attributes
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Weapon Skills
Talents

Note: If you copy and paste, please remove stuff that you don't put points in.

If you have any questions, or questions based on questions, feel free to drop a wall of text like I have.
First five characters to pass the double-check process will be in. I overslept, so the map of the realm will be coming shortly, with the options for where your potentially glorious kingdom will have its roots.
This game is set in the Dark Ages, is high fantasy, but low magic. High magic used to exist in the world but has been dying out.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 12:50:56 pm by sonerohi »
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feudal Adventure 2! The Adventuring!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 03:58:23 pm »

First name: Osric
Height: 4'5"
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 04:38:28 pm »

First name: Sybille
Height: 5'6"

Spoiler: Distribution of points (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 04:41:31 pm »

I do have a sorta question. What type of game will this be?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 04:54:19 pm »

First name: Holtz
Height: 5'0:

Spoiler: Distribution of points (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 04:58:16 pm »

First name: Shell
Height: 4'8"

Spoiler: Distribution of Points (click to show/hide)

Question: How, if at all, does Jeweling interact with Glasswork?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 11:35:17 am »

?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 12:39:59 pm »

Big tip for future me and all others: Binge drinking holidays are a poor time to start a forum game. For that I'm sorry, the past week has been drunk.
@Cript: This will mostly be a dungeon crawl, with the occasional decision on the kingdom level, that might affect your next dungeon, that might affect your kingdom.
@Irony: Jeweling would be examining gems for cut quality, gem setting on rings and necklaces and such, and identifying one gem from another. Glasswork would be working glass, to make a nice mug or something, or using your glasswork skills to try and tell what region a sort of glass came from, if it had unique features.
@Dino:!

@Everyone: At some point the map I drew took a beating and some beer spillage, so I've tossed it. I'll let you guys pick for what sort of map I should draw. Continents? Islands? A few big landmasses and lots of smaller ones? Huge empires or many city-states? Fairly compact or massive? Flat, hilly, mountainous?  I'm letting you guys cherry pick as way of apology.

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 07:40:47 pm »

I want fjords.   Lots of fjords with thick rivers winding though steep mountains going high enough to be ice-capped and always snowing.  The waterways disappear into crystal caverns loaded with stalagmites and stalactites going deep and uncharted beneath flowing hills.

Large amounts of small islands flush out into the ocean, most of them are just collections of large jagged rocks that break up and calm down the brutal sea before it hits the shore, but some have limited amounts of vegetation.

Most of society around these parts are either built into the cliffs with tunnelings and rope ladders, mountain nomads/hamlets of maybe a few dozen people, and slightly more populous (think no more than pop. 250) hillside townships.   The roadways are very poor and irregular with lots of breaks between them, easy to get lost in if you don't have a clear idea of where you are going or have a guide.

There is a larger kingdom further to the south, it has a loose feudal control over most of the known lands around these parts, but since no army would have any merit in campaigning here no one has ever formally took over and few if any communities ever interact with any so-called 'lords' and since the population is so low a taxman has never even been seen.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 07:51:51 pm by DinosaurusRex_x »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 08:32:50 pm »

Lots of severe cliff-like terrain, but largely fertile despite this. Numerous kingdoms, generally a bit on the small side, interspersed with various city-states and independent villages.

Generally on the wet side, with temperature varying a fair amount by season. Lots of waterfalls and rivers and such, as well as frequent rain and storms. Fairly pleasantly warm in most places during warmer months, some places freeze solid during the colder months.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 09:10:26 pm »

So Land of the Lost surrounded by tons of Greenlands? Will do!