Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 321435 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #2835 on: March 05, 2013, 11:24:43 pm »

I'll stick to the Orbital Bombardment device. Know what it fires? Simple metal rods.

Not as showy, mayhaps, but much less likely to burn up in the atmosphere.
Let me ask you something. Which is more terrifying? A metal rod coming from space, or flaming grizzly bears with chainsaws for arms raining down from space? Which is deadlier? A rod might leave survivors, all it wants to do is follow gravity; bears feel only hatred and will hunt down every target down to the last man. Checkmate, flaming chainsaw arm bears shot from space wins.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: March 05, 2013, 11:26:57 pm »

I'll stick to the Orbital Bombardment device. Know what it fires? Simple metal rods.

Let me ask you something. Which is more terrifying? A metal rod coming from space, or flaming grizzly bears with chainsaws for arms raining down from space? Which is deadlier? A rod might leave survivors, all it wants to do is follow gravity; bears feel only hatred and will hunt down every target down to the last man. Checkmate, flaming chainsaw arm bears shot from space wins.
I just don't want it to rain again. The acid just pisses them off.

Let's see.
Electricity: It killed one and the others learned not to touch the electric fence.
Radiation: I've still got to live here, so this is out of the question.
Ugh. Any other ways any of you can think of?

With these things around, I'm stuck living in a dark metal bunker.
No, really. Just fire the O.C.B.C and no longer fear the night. It is the pinnacle of humanity's technological development, and can solve li
Literally every problem known to man.
Overly Complicated Barrel of Cats?
Orbital Chainsaw Bear Cannon.
Fully automated, it breeds every species of bear, attaches chainsaws to their arms, then launches them from low earth orbit. You can even select what species of bear and the number of each you want for every launch!
Bah. I'll stay with the Orbital Shark-Bear-Octopus-Tyrannosaur-pterodactyl-ghost-dragon-machine gun-chainsaw Cannon.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: March 05, 2013, 11:27:20 pm »

Seeing as a space rod causes explosions on par with nuclear bombs but without the nasty radiation or stigma, while the bears will burn up in the atmosphere...(and grizzlies are omnivores focusing on botanitcal matter.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: March 05, 2013, 11:32:15 pm »

See my suggestion, which are invulnerable due to being part ghost AND hunt down any survivors.
Sig! Onol

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: March 05, 2013, 11:34:06 pm »

Everyone knows that a undead can't wield chainsaws. That's like werewolves wearing silver necklaces.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: March 05, 2013, 11:38:16 pm »

Everyone knows that a undead can't wield chainsaws. That's like werewolves wearing silver necklaces.
I've seen multiple werewolves snort silver-laced drugs and nothing bad happened; besides, these are dinosaur undead; they've an exception.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: March 05, 2013, 11:41:51 pm »

Looking at that reminds me of a genetic engineering experiment gone wrong. It...ended poorly. I knew him well. Now throw in deadly weapons and ghostliness...collateral damage on the planetary system level.

Worse, it sounds like a dinosaur from a parody of Terra Nova. A bad parody.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: March 05, 2013, 11:44:43 pm »

I take more inspiration from Axe Cop when looking for hilarious weapons, but that's the point. These things are meant to be used to kill planets.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: March 05, 2013, 11:52:06 pm »

What conceivable purpose would you have in rendering the better part of a million miles of space completely uninhabitable?
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: March 05, 2013, 11:54:51 pm »

What conceivable purpose would you have in rendering the better part of a million miles of space completely uninhabitable?
Because it's there.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: March 06, 2013, 12:01:39 am »

Because it's there.
...That would be a justification for making something habitable, not uninhabitable. Besides...how familiar are you with the inverse Hawking effect high concentrations of ectoplasm have?
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: March 06, 2013, 12:05:07 am »

Because it's there.
...That would be a justification for making something habitable, not uninhabitable. Besides...how familiar are you with the inverse Hawking effect high concentrations of ectoplasm have?
Oh don't worry, they're primarily used to kill a planet before a Tyranid/Zerg/whatever swarm can get there.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: March 06, 2013, 12:09:46 am »

Because it's there.
Oh don't worry, they're primarily used to kill a planet before a Tyranid/Zerg/whatever swarm can get there.
...What kinds of ghosts are you using?
Sig

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: March 06, 2013, 12:10:47 am »

There are no ghosts! I made sure to build a Hell specifically to house them and weaken them to where they cannot escape.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: March 06, 2013, 12:13:17 am »

There are no ghosts! I made sure to build a Hell specifically to house them and weaken them to where they cannot escape.
These are the other ghosts.
GWG: Mostly the souls of vampires, zombies, and eldritch abominations they were eternally hungry in life. They continue to be so after death and thus eat the planet before the other guys can.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192