Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 686866 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [HERETIC IN DA THREAD!]
« Reply #345 on: June 27, 2013, 02:02:21 pm »

I'm getting flashbacks to the tilde wars now.
How many total casualties were there?
At least 1~
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 27, 2013, 02:17:23 pm »

At least 1~
* McFry flinches~~

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 27, 2013, 02:47:33 pm »

What was his name?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 27, 2013, 02:52:01 pm »

breadbocks, I believe.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 27, 2013, 06:24:28 pm »

At least 1~
* McFry flinches~~
What? its both an estimate and a punctuation there ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 27, 2013, 06:56:56 pm »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 27, 2013, 11:27:17 pm »

Hey, ......... makes great artistic contributions to this forum. I'll not let you besmirch the name.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 18, 2013, 04:11:21 pm »

I've been working on a project, I need advice on what to look into and think about when designing the countries. I've been having difficulty in keeping them distinct while still influencing each other.
It's FEF, not FEOF

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 18, 2013, 04:21:33 pm »

I've been working on a project, I need advice on what to look into and think about when designing the countries. I've been having difficulty in keeping them distinct while still influencing each other.
Is that a worldbuilding project? You could try making them all completely distinct, and then simulate a few hundred years of cultural exchange.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 23, 2013, 02:35:05 am »

A minor etiquette question:

When boarding a bus, train, or similar public transport, the generally accepted seating algorithm as I understand it is to if possible take a seat where the adjacent seats are empty, and if not sit next to someone else, standing if that is not a possibility.

However, suppose upon boarding such transportation you sit next to someone else, then later a lot of people disembark. Would it be considered best to stay where you are, or move to a seat with no neighbors?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 23, 2013, 02:49:21 am »

If you are touching them, you would probably want to move.

If you aren't, I don't think you need to.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 23, 2013, 03:24:20 am »

It may be seen as rude to move away from the person you were sitting next to - the reason could be assumed to be that you don't like that person.
And you can't just say that that's not the reason because they have no way of knowing you're being honest - if anything, it'll arouse more suspicion.

If you move to a lone seat and stretch out to a comic degree, then tensions will be resolved as your motive is clearly shown; and you and your previous neighbor have more room. This is clearly the best option.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #357 on: July 23, 2013, 03:32:02 am »

I face this situation almost every day. Sometimes I pretend not to be bothered by sitting next to someone when there are plenty of free seats, pointedly not looking in their direction or even closing my eyes. Sometimes I move and lean my head against the window or wall - as Lectorog says, showing that my motive is to get cozy rather than to move away from the person.

Are we overthinking this? Probably. If someone is sitting next to me and I'm on the inside seat (can't move), and space frees up and they move to an open seat, I'm usually pretty happy about it. Unless you have spoken to the person you're sitting next to or you know them, I don't imagine people would take it personally if you move away from them. Imagine a stranger is sitting next to you and then they move to an open seat - would you be offended that they (a total stranger) moved away from you, or just happy to have the extra space?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 23, 2013, 03:36:15 am »

If they're paranoid they might very well worry. But that's more of a personal issue that others shouldn't have to deal with.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 23, 2013, 03:39:35 am »

When boarding a bus, train, or similar public transport, the generally accepted seating algorithm as I understand it is to if possible take a seat where the adjacent seats are empty

Woah, this is, like, "proper polite unspoken etiquette rules that everyone should be aware of"?

I just did that because I didn't want to sit next to people I don't know, cuz that'd be weird. I figured that was also why everyone else did that. In retrospect, it implies that, in my head at least, no one wants to try and meet new people. In other words, everyone's a jerk. Huh. Mental epiphanies of self discovery, ho!
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 637