Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 638

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 691219 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Seating algorithms]
« Reply #450 on: October 10, 2013, 09:23:24 pm »

I've been finding myself filled with quite a few of these lately, and I have no one to take them out on, so I figured I'd resurrect this thread for future purposes.

First one, you know that crazy girly walk where you walk/run swaying your arms about with your palms outstretched to the side. Have any of you guys ever actually known someone to walk like that? Apart from television etc, I've never seen anyone do it unless as some form of joking around.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 26, 2013, 09:11:56 pm »

... who would you look for if you wanted a custom built fold out fan made of... nonstandard materials? Not even sure what the proper name for those things are...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 27, 2013, 05:37:27 am »

Why don't you just take a standard materials fan, take out all the materials that you don't want, and replace them with materials you do want? Or do you want to have custom ribs too?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 03, 2013, 08:29:19 pm »

Anyone know if we have a college thread? I feel the need to rage, cry and moan about my college application process.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 03, 2013, 08:54:09 pm »

Theres a free college classes thread, you could borrow that if you want.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 03, 2013, 09:18:21 pm »

Hmm. Tempting, but I'll sit on it for a little.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 19, 2013, 04:58:02 pm »

Does anybody know if a shot from a BB gun will kill a squirrel?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 19, 2013, 05:10:18 pm »

I think so, depending on the gun.
I think that some guns can load pellets or BBs, and if you use pellets then definitely.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 19, 2013, 05:55:15 pm »

... shot from a BB gun can kill a person if you hit them in the right place, enough times. As for small mammals, squirrels, birds, reptiles of varying nature, yup. Especially if you hit the right spot (like, say, the eyes) at the right angle, or put enough BBs in more or less the same place (I've killed a couple rattlesnakes over the years like that). It's not the most likely thing in the world, per se, and it's not like they're golden BBs (even if they are BBs made of gold) that kill anything they touch, but. Yeah, a small piece of hurtling metal lodging in the wrong (right?) spot can kill quite a few different things!
Ask not!
Ask!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 19, 2013, 06:24:10 pm »

... shot from a BB gun can kill a person if you hit them in the right place, enough times. As for small mammals, squirrels, birds, reptiles of varying nature, yup. Especially if you hit the right spot (like, say, the eyes) at the right angle, or put enough BBs in more or less the same place (I've killed a couple rattlesnakes over the years like that). It's not the most likely thing in the world, per se, and it's not like they're golden BBs (even if they are BBs made of gold) that kill anything they touch, but. Yeah, a small piece of hurtling metal lodging in the wrong (right?) spot can kill quite a few different things!

Wouldn't it be faster and easier to just use the gun as a club?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 19, 2013, 07:37:53 pm »

They're usually pretty light.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 19, 2013, 08:27:51 pm »

Awesome, I know what I'm getting my kid brother and me for Christmas. There's like 30 miles of unbroken, publicly owned New England forest behind our house.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 19, 2013, 09:05:18 pm »

Awesome, I know what I'm getting my kid brother and me for Christmas. There's like 30 miles of unbroken, publicly owned New England forest behind our house.
I thought you meant you were going to buy the forest but then I remembered the conversation.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 19, 2013, 10:25:58 pm »

Wouldn't it be faster and easier to just use the gun as a club?
Faster, probably. Definitely more effort, though. You can kill something that way lounging in a lawn chair or hammock. Clubbing something to death means you have to get up and swing your arm a few times and just bleeeh. Guns exist so you don't have to get up and beat something to death anymore. Plus you have to get closer and with snakes especially that's a possible issue. Better to stay back and slowly dig a hole into its brainpan via repeated projectiles to the skull.

Though yeah, as Putnam says, they're usually pretty light. Getting a good swing or two in would have a fairly good chance of damaging the weapon nearly as much as whatever you're bludgeoning.
Ask not!
Ask!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 20, 2013, 11:56:03 am »

What are some cheap and independent ways to learn
  • sewing
  • cooking
  • painting
assuming possession of only basic kitchen instruments?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 638